jackson suns dandy dozen

trojanfan56

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to say that milan would beat any team in the state because we wouldn't. We are a 2a school. A good one, but still 2a. We have competed and won at the 3a level before. No that's not this year but it proves that we can handle ourselves. Now if you can find one person who will tell me that Dyersburg dosent have a very good team this year i will be the first to call them a moron, but some of you trojan fans just need to relax a little. Yes, you beat us in a scrimmage. Handily at that. Would you beat us if we were to play say week 9 or 10? Quite possibly but I dont know that for sure. Why? BECAUSE THE SEASON HASENT EVEN STARTED YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i had ranked the polls i wouldn't have even put milan on it because i'd rather everyone not be gunning for the #1 pre-season jackson sun josh parrot super duper absolute unyeilding immutable poll pick. If i had been ranking them seriously i would have put milan below dyersberg because its preseason and in the preseason dyersburg got the upper hand. Personally if parrot had put USJ or JCS or a 1a school that we are better than I wouldn't have cared. Why, because it amounts to absolutley nothing. Nobody ever put a copy of the August 15th Jackson Sun Sports Page in the trophy case. It's one man trying to sell papers. Milan dosent put much thought into being 1st dyersburg shouldn't put to much into being 2nd. You will do well this season with the bulldawgs rooting for you. There is really no reason to continue being mad because someone who probably hasent even seen either team practice put you 2nd.

haha these post are great but stupid. PRESEASON means nothing. All those polls and ranks are on paper and paper proves nothing. a team has to go out every night and prove their self. A team with something to prove will end up being the teams on the poll at the end of the year, thats the only one that matters anyway

I'm not going to say that milan would beat any team in the state because we wouldn't. We are a 2a school. A good one, but still 2a. We have competed and won at the 3a level before. No that's not this year but it proves that we can handle ourselves. Now if you can find one person who will tell me that Dyersburg dosent have a very good team this year i will be the first to call them a moron, but some of you trojan fans just need to relax a little. Yes, you beat us in a scrimmage. Handily at that. Would you beat us if we were to play say week 9 or 10? Quite possibly but I dont know that for sure. Why? BECAUSE THE SEASON HASENT EVEN STARTED YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i had ranked the polls i wouldn't have even put milan on it because i'd rather everyone not be gunning for the #1 pre-season jackson sun josh parrot super duper absolute unyeilding immutable poll pick. If i had been ranking them seriously i would have put milan below dyersberg because its preseason and in the preseason dyersburg got the upper hand. Personally if parrot had put USJ or JCS or a 1a school that we are better than I wouldn't have cared. Why, because it amounts to absolutley nothing. Nobody ever put a copy of the August 15th Jackson Sun Sports Page in the trophy case. It's one man trying to sell papers. Milan dosent put much thought into being 1st dyersburg shouldn't put to much into being 2nd. You will do well this season with the bulldawgs rooting for you. There is really no reason to continue being mad because someone who probably hasent even seen either team practice put you 2nd.

Man...Let Josh Parrott put T.C.A ahead of Milan in the polls and see what a firestorm he would have started..... ..Maybe not you cause you say you don't care,but let it happen and see what goes on here.....

you are wasting time mark they are stuck in the past and they didnt see the dyersburg scrimmage or they would know that milan looked like a middle school team against the trojans at milans home field.... not saying milan wont be good cause they will and i respect coach morris. i started this trend to state a fact about biased openions not to trash schools.. milan is solid year in and out but i agree they couldnt compeat in 7aaa nor could boliver, southside, or lexington, but the sun sells papers so they will be biased to continue,,, on the ball keeps it real, and every coach around will tell you that 07 dyersburg is a force to recon with.....

i wouldn't mind if you are speaking of this years team but I don't think you can or should say that Jackson Southside could never or would never be able to compete in 7-3a as for same for Lexington and in few years we might be able to say the same for Bolivar.

some people are missing the point....

this is not about dyersburg, nor is it about milan... nor is it about milan being ranked ahead of dyersburg.......nor is it about your big golden balls....

mr bigster hit the nail on the head.....

other sports writers accross the state read the jax sun, and it can have an negative effect on those who vote in the AP poll.....

any sports writer who does a poll will be based on opinion........but at least make it an educated opinion..........

i never understood how you could even begin to rank teams in one poll, with 1A-5A.....

at least break the poll down into classifications.......find out about all the teams as much as you can...... i know that parrot is one man.......and he has a huge challenge in covering all the sports...... but if youre going to do a poll, THEN DO IT RIGHT.......

some people are missing the point....

this is not about dyersburg, nor is it about milan... nor is it about milan being ranked ahead of dyersburg.......nor is it about your big golden balls....

mr bigster hit the nail on the head.....

other sports writers accross the state read the jax sun, and it can have an negative effect on those who vote in the AP poll.....

any sports writer who does a poll will be based on opinion........but at least make it an educated opinion..........

i never understood how you could even begin to rank teams in one poll, with 1A-5A.....

at least break the poll down into classifications.......found out about all the teams as much as you can...... i know that parrot is one man.......and he has a huge challenge in covering all the sports...... but if youre going to do a poll, THEN DO IT RIGHT.......

when yu go to murphy fair you see the dirty dozen, so that tells you that several people across the state look at th suns pick,,,, josh needs to leave dyersburg out of his coverage since its oviosly to sell papers and not the way it realy is

This isn't college football. Polls don't mean anything in the outcome of a football season. Why are you worried about the AP poll?

I'm wondering that too. Is the TSSAA taking up a BCS like system?

The Jackson Sun covers football in West Tennessee and does it pretty good. Although I get up some mornings and wish I had another sports page to read, they do a pretty good job of covering high school sports in West Tennessee. On the Dirty Dozen poll, I have to agree with the person who said it isn't really a poll. I think Josh Parrott made his statement on who he thought the best teams in West Tennessee were, if it was a poll more people than himself would have helped him out and voted on it.

Speaking of the Jackson Sun....They could do way better on West Tenn Diamond Jaxx coverage.

This isn't college football. Polls don't mean anything in the outcome of a football season. Why are you worried about the AP poll?

Well,if I'm not mistaken he does have a vote on that poll.......

But,we all know that there aren't any "homer" sportswriters out there that doesn't cast a biased vote every now and then.....But this could be a post for a whole 'nother thread...