Sweetwater vs. Sequoyah

MalcomXL

Second of all DUM DUM.......The officials run the clock from the sidelines. Sweetwater had nothing to do with that two years ago. Officials are brought in from all over, so don't blame that lame excuse on you guys getting beat!!! Come up with something better than that!

OK Malcom, Thank you for exposing my ignorance to rules of football (This is where my name is greatly earned). But I'm sticking to my prediction of a close game tonight, also look for #2 to get shut down tonight nad we will hold #21 to less than 60 yards (Bold predictions right (once again you think im earning the nick name again)).

GO CHIEFS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetwater Wins 21 - 12. Congratulations to the Chiefs on a great game played. It is a bright future for you guys. However, not taking anything away from Sequoyah, but SWATER had 120 yards in Penaltys to Sequoyahs 25. That's two possible senarios(and I think both are true): Seq. is more discipline, and two the REFS stunk!!!! Some of the calls were GOD awful.

Finally in Conclusion, Sweetwater wins AGAIN over Sequoyah. Yes it wasn't pretty....but it's a W. But what makes it very different is that Sequoyah was Pumped after the game, because they played GOOD, but Sweetwater was mad even though they won. That's why Sequoyah will never beat GOOD OLE SHS on a consistent basis. Sweetwater is 38-3 the last 41 years vs. Sequoyah/Madville.

Sweetwater Wins 21 - 12. Congratulations to the Chiefs on a great game played. It is a bright future for you guys. However, not taking anything away from Sequoyah, but SWATER had 120 yards in Penaltys to Sequoyahs 25. That's two possible senarios(and I think both are true): Seq. is more discipline, and two the REFS stunk!!!! Some of the calls were GOD awful.

Finally in Conclusion, Sweetwater wins AGAIN over Sequoyah. Yes it wasn't pretty....but it's a W. But what makes it very different is that Sequoyah was Pumped after the game, because they played GOOD, but Sweetwater was mad even though they won. That's why Sequoyah will never beat GOOD OLE SHS on a consistent basis. Sweetwater is 38-3 the last 41 years vs. Sequoyah/Madville.

OK Malcom, I seen a shirt tonight that said "No Excuses" so, Good job to Sweetwater on the victory and yes the future is bright for sequoyah and I'm going to go ahead and start on ya for next season. Starting next year will be a beggining of dominance for the Cheifs.

The kids got better as the game went along. Anyone in that stadium that will be honest knows the Chiefs had the Cats on there heels the fourth quarter and that is ones against ones. I couldn't be prouder, they played as a team not as individuals, no showboating, and they played with heart. If you noticed the Chiefs didn't have somebody cramping up every other play in the second half, they had one kid cramp up all night. The Chiefs were out manned at the skill position but overall they sure as heck weren't outplayed and that my friend was clear. Yes Sweetwater got the W but the Chiefs got respect and played with class. We started 2 seniors on offense and 3 on defense! With a brand new system. I noticed in your program last night that Sweetwater has 8 juniors( I might be wrong on this one), 6 sophomores and 9 freshman on the roster. The chiefs have 16 juniors, 14 sophomores and 20 freshman, couple that with what the Cats lose this year, 21,2, 52,83 (excellent players),and others. Lets just say I wouldn't trade places with you. The Cats have a great season to look forward too no doubt. I also think the Chiefs will get better each week. A rematch at the end of each teams season whenever that might be would be interesting to say the least. Congratulations on the W for the Cats. I just think although losing the Chiefs came away from that game with more than Sweetwater did.

First off congrats to Sequoyah they came in with heart and played as a team. Great job, but don't read to much into it. Sweetwater came in very uninspired, thinking they could just show up and win without putting forth the effort. Thats noway to come into a reg. 2 game unless you want to go home with an L! I believe if they played again it would be like it should've a 35 point win, same thing for the end of the season if they met again, a 35 point win. Sweetwater didn't show much, it was plain to see that if Sweetwater threw the ball their skill people would simply outjump the Seq dbs like they did the few times they threw the ball. The holding pen. 8 for Sw 0 for Seq. Come on, an Official could call a hold on 33% of the downs if they wanted to. There were deffinitly some on Seq that should've been called! All were good calls, ofcourse you would say that, you are from Seq. If it would've been the other way I wonder if you would've said that, I think not. Now Im do wish our County rival luck the rest of the year, and hope they make the play-offs, but don't look for GP to come in and play uninspired ball. I do hope you beat them though. The future is bright for Seq, keep up the good work!!! I would'nt trade places though, the same players coming in the next few years are the same ones that beat Mad and Von in youth football most years. The Cats still have good players coming back next year, and as always watch for Sweetwater to reload, hence the 38 -3 record over the last 41 years!

Everything aside I don't blame you guys for being excited and good luck the rest of the year!!!!!!!! I love the new attitude at Seq, work together play for eachother, and don't give up, thats what a team is all about!

I think the chiefs showed us we have alot to look forward too last night. MXL here's the two reasons on the penalties 1. you were right Seq. is more disciplined. 2. Sweet. is bad out of shape thats why they were holding so much. They were sucking air after the 1st period. As for the future 2afootballman your info is wrong Madisonville's Juniors have beaten Sweetwater 2 out of the last 3 years and Vonore has beaten 1 out of last 3 i know. So you boys better start getting use to seeing the big RED on top. You say sweetwater was uninspired you better hope that is what it was if not 4th is were you will finish in your Region. Here's my take on the game last night Seq. fans came out to see the new direction this program is taking. They saw it. The coaches are doing a good job in bringing this very young team on. I watched not only a team but a program grow up in the 2nd half last night. Still along ways to go so keep working hard boys and coaches because the future looks really bright. As for Sweetwater all the preseason hype about the speed, size and experience well the tallent looks like it was there but i have to wonder if the sweet. fans didn't leave last night thinking whats wrong.

Pretty good game last night. I know everyone can get on here and talk about penalties, being or not being in shape, discipline, etc. The fact of the matter is that Sweetwater won and Sequoyah lost. I do have a few comments to make on what I saw.

Sequoyah

1. They are in very good shape Bowers seemed to get stonger as the game went on.

2. They didn't quit. Last year after Sweetwater scored on the first drive, Sequoyah quit.

3. What is the next option after Bowers, someone else on offense needs to step up.

I'm afraid we won't be able to get that much up the middle with our fullback, if we play

against a good interior defensive team.

4. Must defend better against the fade pattern. I'm afraid if we play a team with a good

quaterback, it may be a long night.

As for Sweetwater they must keep up the intensity for 4 quarters. They may have the 2nd best talent next to Alcoa in their region. They are not in as good a shape as Sequoyah is. Must put the final nail in the coffin.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

I think Sequoyah has got a good head coach. Now it is up to the fans to stay off the coach's back for a while and let him do his job. Sequoyah WILL win some games this year and I believe that they deserve it.

I first want to say congratulations and good luck the rest of the year to sweetwater. The future at Sequoyah looks very bright they will be many wins to come. Sequoyah played very inspired last night and with a few more breaks could have stole one from a very talented team. That 38-3 record over the last 41 years need to change and I believe it will.

What a difference a year has made for Seq. football and it is apparent that it is due to the change in Head Coach. I was very impressed with what all of the coaches said after the game last night. The team played with more tenacity last night than they did in all of the games last year combined. Last year was tough and there was a lot said on Coach T, at the games, and in the community. All of that is behind us; it is a new year, a new “regime”, a clean slate. We, the community, must give the coaches, both old and new, and players the support they need and deserve. Their jobs are tough and the immense pressure that they are under is unimaginable to me. Last night was a loss; this is true, but I have never been more proud of those boys and proud to support Sequoyah. Good things are to come; there is hope for the future of Seq. football. I am anxious to watch it unfold…GO CHIEFS!!!

I think the chiefs showed us we have alot to look forward too last night. MXL here's the two reasons on the penalties 1. you were right Seq. is more disciplined. 2. Sweet. is bad out of shape thats why they were holding so much. They were sucking air after the 1st period. As for the future 2afootballman your info is wrong Madisonville's Juniors have beaten Sweetwater 2 out of the last 3 years and Vonore has beaten 1 out of last 3 i know. So you boys better start getting use to seeing the big RED on top. You say sweetwater was uninspired you better hope that is what it was if not 4th is were you will finish in your Region. Here's my take on the game last night Seq. fans came out to see the new direction this program is taking. They saw it. The coaches are doing a good job in bringing this very young team on. I watched not only a team but a program grow up in the 2nd half last night. Still along ways to go so keep working hard boys and coaches because the future looks really bright. As for Sweetwater all the preseason hype about the speed, size and experience well the tallent looks like it was there but i have to wonder if the sweet. fans didn't leave last night thinking whats wrong.

Vonore was 2-2 in the last 4. I agree with Doc,I wouldn't trade places either. You folks are kidding yourself if you still think Sweetwater is 35 better. Not this year or in the future. Also,the official stats on the radio had Sweetwater with 65 yards in penalties,so don't blame that.

You may be right about the records for junior games in the last three years, Madisonvile and Vonore have made improvements in their youth programs over the last few years, while Sweetwater ( which is unusual ) has had some questionable Coaches and Coaching! Also Coaches that think you stick with one system no matter what age or what players you have. I could go alot more into this, but thats a whole other story. Let me say this I am complimenting your feeder programs, they are getting much better, but the team with the best tallent doesn't always win. Their also seems to be an increase in parents not letting players play till they get to Highschool. Sweetwater has good players coming up! That said, this is how I think it could go. 2008 Sweetwater wins again next year, they still have several good players coming back in the skill positions and on the line, but the score will be around what it was this year . Sequoyah has their best chance to win the County Championship in 2009 and 2010. Not saying they will Sweetwater could easily continue the streak, but their should be some tough games for a couple years. After that Sweetwater gets strong again for a few more years. Times are changing, it would be unrealistic to think that Sweetwater could continue to dominate Madisonville and Sequoyah like they have always. Madisonville and Vonore are really growing and they are a larger school, with more population. It's just not like it used to be anymore, parents have changed, kids are spoiled more than ever and soft. But that being said, Sweetwater will for many more years to come win more games than they lose to Sequoyah. Thats just the facts.

. All disagreements aside I do wish Sequoyah luck the rest of the year and hope the Chiefs go far, I would love to see more County teams make the play-offs!