Moore Co Jamboree

Sidetrain

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have li.ked to have gone to the jamboree but no one in bedford county cares about community sports.You did not see anything about community football playing in the jamboree they are starting there first year in league play and THE SHELBYVILLE TIMES-GAZETTE DOES NOT EVEN MENTION IT .

I would have liked to have gone to the jamboree but no one in bedford county cares about community sports.You did not see anything about community football playing in the jamboree they are starting there first year in league play and THE SHELBYVILLE TIMES-GAZETTE DOES NOT EVEN MENTION IT .

Hold on there buddy… I think the Vikings have received a fair share on press coverage from the T-G over the last year or so on their new Football program. I have read several stories about the program in the paper.

You have to promote your sports program in order to get the coverage. Tell the T-G then your team is going to participate in a jamboree and they will cover it.

I think you are unfair in saying nobody cares… you have a new football field, a new high school is coming and although the sports programs at Community have taken some hits in the last year I think things have turned around and the Vikings will soon be on the “up-side”. You have to stay positive and encourage the kids.

Good luck from a Cascade fan.

Community lost to Huntland with .04 sec. left. Had a personal foul when they had Huntland 4th and 4 yds to go. Gave Huntland first down and the ball on 21 yd line. Huntland ran the ball well. But Community (I felt) did well untill that time.

The stats

First Downs

Community 3

Huntland 8

Total Offense

Community 71 total yards

Huntland 146 total yds

Passing

Community 51

Huntland -3

Penalties

Community 3-30

Huntland 4-38

Time of Possession

Community 9:45

Huntland 14:15

Third down Efficiency

Community 3-5

Huntland 3-6

Drives

Community

Time of Poss 4:22 Plays 8 70 yds Passing Touchdown

Time of poss 3:11 Plays 3 2 yds punt

Time of Poss 1:13 Plays 3 4 yds Fumble (Huntland Scored on recovery)

Time of Poss 1:59 Plays 3 5 yds punt

Huntland

Time of poss 2:02 plays 3 37 yards punt

Time of poss 3:34 plays 12 50 yds Turnover on downs

Time of poss 6:39 plays 13 69 yds Rushing touchdown

It would have been nice to have won but after what these boys have gone though to get to this point Community boys played well. Huntland came in fourth last year in Region 6 so I my mind we did well. BUT WE ARE NOT SATISFIED With any thing yet

The coaching staff will get things right soon

I would have li.ked to have gone to the jamboree but no one in bedford county cares about community sports.You did not see anything about community football playing in the jamboree they are starting there first year in league play and THE SHELBYVILLE TIMES-GAZETTE DOES NOT EVEN MENTION IT .

They had a reporter their last night. They do a good job covering all sports in Bedford Co. At times it may look like they cover one more than others but if you read it daily it works out I believe.

Kenny Parker was there to scout but I believe to support a county team. Coach Frost and Coach Parker are real class acts.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but hopefully the Times-Gazette will prove to be better than you think of them now

They had a reporter their last night. They do a good job covering all sports in Bedford Co. At times it may look like they cover one more than others but if you read it daily it works out I believe.

Kenny Parker was there to scout but I believe to support a county team. Coach Frost and Coach Parker are real class acts.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but hopefully the Times-Gazette will prove to be better than you think of them now

OK MAYBE HE WAS THERE FOR THE VIKINGS BUT MAYBE HE WAS THERE CHECKING ON THE MOORE CO. RAIDERS . MAYBE THE TIMES GAZETTE WILLCOVER THEM A LITTLE BETTER.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1247439.html