Jefferson County vs Greenville

JC4life

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....all joking aside, its just too close to kickoff for me to make any kind of ignorant statement so Im going to get right to the point. If you're a GHS fan, you should'nt be "fired up".....You should be scared out of your mind! You are coming into Dumplin Valley, where football ghosts of the past roam through the hills and the sounds of pads exploding can sometimes be heard echoing in the valley at night! The best thing that you could do is just have your team stay home so that they dont get hurt. Tonight.....is gonna be really, really ugly. Lopsided. Blowout. ESPN will be talking about how bad the Devils got stomped! Have a safe trip to the stadium and Ill be sure to throw in a little "I told you so" as you all make your way back to your cars at halftime.

GHS 7

JCHS 56

I told YOU so!!! well TNrecruiter you sound like some one that would make up a bunch of excuses, so lest here'em.

JC4life, it was a good game, you were right you guys do have some big boys up on the D line. good luck this season. o an you still owe me that bag of popcorn

Hey numnuts, I never said it wasn't gonna be a good game. I was replying to barbs post about heritage and tradition. Something that not one Greeneville fan has responded to. So what have you got besides a bag over your head. Are you sopposed to be the unknown fan???

And exactly what post of mine about heritage and tradition would that be? I thought you were just trying to scare us with a ghost story I mean you do realize that JCHS, one of the largest 5A schools in the state lost to one of the smallest 4A schools. Not that either team looked bad tonight. I think Greeneville looked better conditioned and played a more disciplined game that they have in a while. Almost mid-season form.

First off props to Greenville for the win, you guys played very hard and took advantage of most if not all of the opportunities you guys had. QB is the real deal when he has time and your WR's made plays all night. Congrats you guys deserve this win tonite.

Now on to the Pats,

Chances! Chances! Chances!

Hard to give up 14pts off turnovers and expect to win, defense gets major props as it seems it has most of the preseason. Gave up one long scoring drive all night, gave the offense a turnover and great field position, can't asked for much better. Defense has no reason not to hold their heads up high after tonight, score could have been worse if not for the defense stepping up several times. DB's need to get on the jug machine, had chances for several picks.

Lord have mercy on our offense, a few little things could have made for a much different game. We can't have upperclassmen that should know better do some of the things that killed us on offense. By now the basic fundamentals should not be the thing that beats us. Drops, pitching the ball without seeing the pitchman, not going after lateral passes, blocks in the back when the runner is 15-20yds ahead of you. I know the o-line is going to take some heat from people, but I don`t put nearly as much blame on them for what happened on offense. The line blocked fine when their wasn`t 9 guys in the box(surprise surprise), for the life of me I can`t understand some of the play calling. 1 safety back, corners playing inside begging for the fade, and we don`t throw it? The short passing game worked most of the night, why didn`t we continue with it facing those many guys in the box? We called one slant, completed it and never ran that play again the rest of the night? Every time we ran the short outs the WR's were always open, yet we didn`t stick with it. Why will we run 3 straight times up the middle with little gain, but won`t throw three straight when plays are there?

On the positive side for our offense, our backs ran well when they had their chances which were few. I would have loved to see the kind of yds our backs could have put up if they were facing a 7 man front instead of 8 or 9. Offense was decent on 1st and 2nd down, it was the 3rd downs that killed us, seemed like we had 3rd and 4 all night. Refs flat out blew the fumble on the punt in the 1st quarter, and everyone at the game knows it

The good news is I did not see things that were uncorrectable, hopefully some film study will go along way toward fixing some of the things that led to the Pats lost, we flat out have to play smarter though.

First off props to Greenville for the win, you guys played very hard and took advantage of most if not all of the opportunities you guys had. QB is the real deal when he has time and your WR's made plays all night. Congrats you guys deserve this win tonite.

Now on to the Pats,

Chances! Chances! Chances!

Hard to give up 14pts off turnovers and expect to win, defense gets major props as it seems it has most of the preseason. Gave up one long scoring drive all night, gave the offense a turnover and great field position, can't asked for much better. Defense has no reason not to hold their heads up high after tonight, score could have been worse if not for the defense stepping up several times. DB's need to get on the jug machine, had chances for several picks.

Lord have mercy on our offense, a few little things could have made for a much different game. We can't have upperclassmen that should know better do some of the things that killed us on offense. By now the basic fundamentals should not be the thing that beats us. Drops, pitching the ball without seeing the pitchman, not going after lateral passes, blocks in the back when the runner is 15-20yds ahead of you. I know the o-line is going to take some heat from people, but I don`t put nearly as much blame on them for what happened on offense. The line blocked fine when their wasn`t 9 guys in the box(surprise surprise), for the life of me I can`t understand some of the play calling. 1 safety back, corners playing inside begging for the fade, and we don`t throw it? The short passing game worked most of the night, why didn`t we continue with it facing those many guys in the box? We called one slant, completed it and never ran that play again the rest of the night? Every time we ran the short outs the WR's were always open, yet we didn`t stick with it. Why will we run 3 straight times up the middle with little gain, but won`t throw three straight when plays are there?

On the positive side for our offense, our backs ran well when they had their chances which were few. I would have loved to see the kind of yds our backs could have put up if they were facing a 7 man front instead of 8 or 9. Offense was decent on 1st and 2nd down, it was the 3rd downs that killed us, seemed like we had 3rd and 4 all night. Refs flat out blew the fumble on the punt in the 1st quarter, and everyone at the game knows it

The good news is I did not see things that were uncorrectable, hopefully some film study will go along way toward fixing some of the things that led to the Pats lost, we flat out have to play smarter though.

i didn't understand why yall didn't keep doing the short pass ether. Your run game was good going outside but like you said you were getting little yards up the middle. At first your D tackle was flat out killing out guard. Didn't seem like your QB was doing good under pressure. Well Mo west got a good ole fashion beating from Knox cat so they should be nice an soft for you guys to give them a drilling good luck guys an stay safe

i didn't understand why yall didn't keep doing the short pass ether. Your run game was good going outside but like you said you were getting little yards up the middle. At first your D tackle was flat out killing out guard. Didn't seem like your QB was doing good under pressure. Well Mo west got a good ole fashion beating from Knox cat so they should be nice an soft for you guys to give them a drilling good luck guys an stay safe

Yeah Zack was behind the 8 ball most of the night, and took some hard hits. Most of the time he bounced back up, personally I wouldn`t have had him doing more than 3 step drops on passing plays in the 2nd half(which there should have been a lot more of). At this rate he may not make it to mid season, gotta protect the QB better for sure.

Yeah Zack was behind the 8 ball most of the night, and took some hard hits. Most of the time he bounced back up, personally I wouldn`t have had him doing more than 3 step drops on passing plays in the 2nd half(which there should have been a lot more of). At this rate he may not make it to mid season, gotta protect the QB better for sure.

agree. #2 is a tall boy i really thought they would have used him more

The punt (fumble) was a huge screw up by the refs. I saw a few things that made me think Jeff was not a well coached team.

1) playcalling and not going back to something that has worked.

2) The punter falling on the bad snap at the 1. That has to be talked about at somepoint and said over and over again how to handle that situation.

3) On 4th and 6 with the score 14-7, a JC player goes for the pick with both hands? Knock it down with one and get the ball back. That has to be talked about in practice.

4) Penalties that killed drives and negated big plays. That is worked on in practice.

JC4life, I want to hear your take on these cause I value your opinion on JC football. What do you think?

The punt (fumble) was a huge screw up by the refs. I saw a few things that made me think Jeff was not a well coached team.

1) playcalling and not going back to something that has worked.

2) The punter falling on the bad snap at the 1. That has to be talked about at somepoint and said over and over again how to handle that situation.

3) On 4th and 6 with the score 14-7, a JC player goes for the pick with both hands? Knock it down with one and get the ball back. That has to be talked about in practice.

4) Penalties that killed drives and negated big plays. That is worked on in practice.

JC4life, I want to hear your take on these cause I value your opinion on JC football. What do you think?

Funny you should mention that, I wasn`t going to post about the overall coaching because of what has gone on the last few years, but since you(an outsider) brought it up I have to say that I completely agree with you. In fact near the end of the game I said to the guy next to me that we looked like a poorly coached team overall in some areas. Now we both could be wrong, and these things were gone over in practices and the players just weren`t thinking, or forgot. The sheer number of plays where I just sat back and thought that was just bad coaching leads me to the 1st opinion. Like I said in my 1st post though, its nothing film can`t fix, coaches need it as much as players.

I`ll add one to your list though, clock management was poor especially at the end of the game. Even if we had scored on the last drive, there would have been little to no time to do anything afterword. We didn`t go no huddle hurry up, we stayed in our based formation, guys walked to the line, we called TO's after 15 seconds had ran off the clock, and we ran ran ran. I don`t want to completely bang on the coaches, because there were some areas where the coaching was very good(front 7 especially), but this loss is 50-50 coaching and execution.

One thing encourging was that the team didn't roll over and go ###### up after they got behind like the they have the past couple of years.

Very true, I give Gut and the other coaches a lot of credit for having the team in the proper mindset, before the game and after halftime. We every easily could have gone in the tank after being down 14-0, but we fought back and were in a position to tie the game in the 2nd half. Team was fired up all night, and you could tell they wanted to win. After all they`ve been through this group is very mentally tough, I fully expect them to bounce back from an emotional standpoint, especially with the Mo West game next week.