Jefferson County vs Greenville

JC4life

Okay this was my first JCHS game at Leroy Shannon Field since 2004. Ill be honest I didnt know what to expect at all but I have to say I was really surprised in a positive way.

Gut had them ready I think but the theme of the night was missed opportunities.

1) Darby had the pick on the 4th down TD pass in the fourth. HAD IT man he made a great play and did everything but catch it.

2) The dropped fair catch botched by the refs. Terrible whistle on that one, he blew it before the kid had touched the ball. Terrible.

3) The backwards pass that we didnt go for, tough break gotta fall on that one no matter what.

All in all I am pleased, the front seven did a stand up job tonight. The secondary played tough and made some great open field tackles. In the end the spread got to them though, although it wasn't the bombs like I thought it would be, they really nickle and dimed us to death.

Zach played a solid game, I was really impressed by his decision making on most plays, he didnt force too many throws. The only bad play he had was the pitch to the ghost of Ricky Upton.

I think the fade may have been there I just dont know if we have anybody to go get it. A lot of drops tonight I know not everyone out there was born a wide receiver.

The boys showed a lot of heart to almost come back.

One thing to note, I heard the punter had only been with the team for about a week, if you noticed he didnt have a name on his jersey. Taking the safety was the last thing on his mind I think.

Green Evil played a good game, they didnt have any more talent that us they just took advantage of the opportunities and we didnt.

Keep your heads up guys you really have it in you to be a good football team. Maybe we can catch West in a down year, its always good to steal one from Woods.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I believe I'm the one who predicted a Greeneville win by at least 7 and that JC would not score over 13. OK, Ok. So, I gave JC a little too much credit, but where I really missed the predicition is that there would be so much whining and blah, blah, blah excuses for why JC lost. I mean, really folks, take it like a man and move on or would you like a little cheese with that whine? You got beat by a good football team. There is nothing to be ashamed of about that and it doesnt mean you're not a good team, too. But, for God's sake, stop making excuses and talking about missed opportunities. Guess what? Greeneville had some missed opportunities too. It could have been a lot worse beating. Well, enough said about that. Let's see? Which game will I predict this week. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Yep, I believe I'm the one who predicted a Greeneville win by at least 7 and that JC would not score over 13. OK, Ok. So, I gave JC a little too much credit, but where I really missed the predicition is that there would be so much whining and blah, blah, blah excuses for why JC lost. I mean, really folks, take it like a man and move on or would you like a little cheese with that whine? You got beat by a good football team. There is nothing to be ashamed of about that and it doesnt mean you're not a good team, too. But, for God's sake, stop making excuses and talking about missed opportunities. Guess what? Greeneville had some missed opportunities too. It could have been a lot worse beating. Well, enough said about that. Let's see? Which game will I predict this week. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Did you go to this game? Whining? JC gift wrapped this one for GHS. You're an idiot. JC fans have a right to complain about how their team played and I have not seen whining at all. They have even coplimented GHS.

Did you go to this game? Whining? JC gift wrapped this one for GHS. You're an idiot. JC fans have a right to complain about how their team played and I have not seen whining at all. They have even coplimented GHS.

Wow! Name calling. A little on edge, huh? Sorry, but I'm already out of high school. Have a good weekend.

If it bothers you to be called an idiot, then don't act like one. Being out of high school should mean that you would be a little more respectful to JCHS fans when they are giving real reasons that they lost and you say they are whining. Get over it.

You are just another typical Monday morning quarteback. What is the point in giving reasons (excuses) why you lost. There is only one reason - YOU GOT BEAT. I havent been disrespectful to anyone. You, though, need to close your mouth. You are making an idiot out of yourself real fast.

If it bothers you to be called an idiot, then don't act like one. Being out of high school should mean that you would be a little more respectful to JCHS fans when they are giving real reasons that they lost and you say they are whining. Get over it.

The real reason why they lost?????? Greeneville scores more points. Missed opportunities, bad calls, bad decisions are part of the game, particularly early.Greeneville just had fewer of all of them. Perhaps if the JC defense had kept those Devils out of the endzone they might have had a better outcome...DUHHHHHHHH.Seriously though I think the heat was a big factor for the Pats, lots of boys cramping up...Devils didn't seem to suffer as much. Overall I thought it was a good first game for both teams. Good luck next week.

A poster whom has 5 posts and barb? Your football opinions mean as much to me as your favorite color. I was just pointing out to the camper that he needed to understand that JC fans are not whining.

Words cannot express how devastated I am that you don't value our opinions as highly as we do yours.......NOT.

You are just another typical Monday morning quarteback. What is the point in giving reasons (excuses) why you lost. There is only one reason - YOU GOT BEAT.

Its called learning from what you did wrong so it doesn`t happen in the future. No one is making excuses or whining. I gave Greenville full credit for their win, was that not enough for you? Is your self esteem so low that you need a flowery praise session to make yourself feel better? Here's an idea how about you show some class and act like you`ve been there before, the Greenville players have a lot more class than some of their fans IMO.

I think the fade may have been there I just dont know if we have anybody to go get it. A lot of drops tonight I know not everyone out there was born a wide receiver.

We had to at least attempt it though Lawyer, we have a 6'4 WR that is the state champ in the high jump and just won the fastest back at the jamboree competition. If nothing else we could have gotten a pass interference call, or caused Greenville to keep another safety back. We could have gain things just for throwing the fade.