Cookeville vs. Knox Central

Mr. Heisman

Nothing wrong with the bias..Football is tough over there..I am from Livingston so we get to see some good football (in east tn.) in Region 2-3A..Just saw Cookeville once this year..LA plyed'em in the jamboree..Very vanilla on both sides, but Cookeville appears deep, is very athletic, and very well coached..They have come to be a power in 5-A..Good support from fans..I really expect a good game although I'm not familiar with Central (just going what you said about their athletes)..As for Maryville, they are a tough measuring stick for anyone in TN.

Yeah Cookeville has athletes compared to Livingston, but not Central. Cookeville is just good in the little things and they have to have 11 players doing their job every play or they aren't very good. They do not beat you with one or two players, but as a group.

Nothing wrong with the bias..Football is tough over there..I am from Livingston so we get to see some good football (in east tn.) in Region 2-3A..Just saw Cookeville once this year..LA plyed'em in the jamboree..Very vanilla on both sides, but Cookeville appears deep, is very athletic, and very well coached..They have come to be a power in 5-A..Good support from fans..I really expect a good game although I'm not familiar with Central (just going what you said about their athletes)..As for Maryville, they are a tough measuring stick for anyone in TN.

Yeah Cookeville has athletes compared to Livingston, but not Central. Cookeville is just good in the little things and they have to have 11 players doing their job every play or they aren't very good. They do not beat you with one or two players, but as a group.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is interesting when teams from different parts of the state play each other. I don't know how much it means as to what area of the state is better, but these teams do get to see something that maybe they haven't and that only helps them in the playoffs.

I feel pretty good about Central's chances in this one. I think it will be a very competitive game. Cookeville will be seeing better athletes than they are probably used to playing against. TB Jamie Wilson is one of the best in E TN. I still think Central will win this one by 14.

Well I said they were "very athletic", not that they had just one or two..The only way you can win is with 11 on the field..I was trying to compliment Cookeville. And if you take care of the little things, the big stuff is already taken care of Besides I was trying to compliment Cookeville.

Well I said they were "very athletic", not that they had just one or two..The only way you can win is with 11 on the field..I was trying to compliment Cookeville. And if you take care of the little things, the big stuff is already taken care of Besides I was trying to compliment Cookeville.

Noone said you weren't. All i said is that you can't compare Cookevilles athletes with Livingston. Because I don't think Livingston and Central's athletes are even close.

Noone said you weren't. All i said is that you can't compare Cookevilles athletes with Livingston. Because I don't think Livingston and Central's athletes are even close.

Telling ya this game is a dandy and coaching will play a big part in game adjustments etc.With all this said i will go out on a limb and say cookeville 31-24.

I think your still sore over the jamboree..I am not comparing the two schools' atheletes..I once got to leave Livingston back in the 80's for something and saw atheletes outside of this little town.. I have been around sports long enough to know when I see an athletic team . Besides you were the one predicting a 24-14 cookeville win, losing faith?

I think your still sore over the jamboree..I am not comparing the two schools' atheletes..I once got to leave Livingston back in the 80's for something and saw atheletes outside of this little town.. I have been around sports long enough to know when I see an athletic team . Besides you were the one predicting a 24-14 cookeville win, losing faith?

ITS most the time about numbers more kids more athletes!!!!Cookeville is getting more athletic every year.Why is this?

THE COUNTY IS GROWING AT A RAPID RATE.

CAVS win 18-14!!!

I didn't get to go all I know is they were down 14-3 most of the game,& into the 4th quarter.

Scored a T.D. on a 94 yard drive & added two point conversion early in the 4th...

Then Griggs brought a punt back 67 yards for a T.D. with about 30 seconds to play!!!

made the 35 yard extra point(excessive celebration) for the 18-14 win!!

Yeah CAVS!! Never give up!!

THE SQUAD

Central had 3 long tds runs brought back due to penalties, 2 by the tailback and 1 by the QB. The Central tailback also fumbled twice deep inside Cavalier terretory losing both. The Bobcats should have won this game handily, but too many mental mistakes. Central can have an explosive team but they better get tough mentally or it wont matter. I certainly am not taking anything away from Cookeville as they did not quit and the long drive at the end was impressive.