Gordonsville Player Injured

MO$$$$

I have noticed a sudden burst in texting in GV. Phones are beeping every time you turn around with updates and questions about updates. These kids seemed to have been loved by many. This could possibly be the worse single tragedy since Chad Hunters accident. Which left him in a state of total dependence. This county still holds benefits for him and his family. It seems like just yesterday. But it has been 3 or 4 years ago. I also think this will effect the county much the same. It will take time to heal in our hearts. Chad is mentioned by the football team quiet often still. They know how they would feel if they were robbed of the chance not to finish their final years playing football. Its a constant reminder.

To the kids at GV High. Now you have more to remind you that life offers no promises. Try to do your best at everything you do and be glad you have the chance. Many don't share that with you. It could all end in a split second. Leave behind some part of you for people to respect and remember in everything you do. Its just as easy to do something respectful, and leave that ray of sunshine as it is to choose other paths. Keep up your support and don't lose interest in these kids. Your support will be a great factor in them dealing with this tragedy. As well as yourself dealing with it. Its ok to care. Its ok to share your love with them. It is not ok to bury it in the back of your mind, and try to work around it. It will surface sooner or later leaving you with regret. Don't be the one caught saying I wish I had done more when they needed me. Love thy neighbor as you love thyself. Something to remember in times like this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More prayers from SC. May God heal, comfort and srengthen all involved. This is a horrible thing to happen. Things get put into perspective very easily when tragedies start happening to the youth. My heart aches but I know God knows best so I won't question. Prayers and shoulders are all I can offer.

Heres an up date on the kids. My son was there last night. He said the girl regained consciousness. Still sedated but things are looking better, at this point. The boy definately lost the leg as they were not able to reattach. He is still heavly sedated. At this point seems prayers are working. These kids have a long way to go for recovery. I dont think at this point they know the others condition. I think that will be a tough time when they are told. I would not want to be the one to relay that message. Thats when they will need their friends to comfort them.

To the kids at GV High. Now you have more to remind you that life offers no promises. Try to do your best at everything you do and be glad you have the chance. Many don't share that with you. It could all end in a split second. Leave behind some part of you for people to respect and remember in everything you do. Its just as easy to do something respectful, and leave that ray of sunshine as it is to choose other paths. Keep up your support and don't lose interest in these kids. Your support will be a great factor in them dealing with this tragedy. As well as yourself dealing with it. Its ok to care. Its ok to share your love with them. It is not ok to bury it in the back of your mind, and try to work around it. It will surface sooner or later leaving you with regret. Don't be the one caught saying I wish I had done more when they needed me. Love thy neighbor as you love thyself. Something to remember in times like this.

Well said Mo...

My families thoughts & prayers go out to te Seagraves Family.