Jackson South Side @ Obion co wk 0

SShawks1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope Oc represents region 7 well... southside is the best in region 6 and realisticly OC is down this year at the bottom of region 7 till they prove somthing. I have always believed OC wants to succeed they just fall short sometimes. its time to show region 6 that they arnt playing the same level of football thats getting played the further west you travel

Of course OC wants to succeed. It's not there goal to finish 5th,6th, or 7th every year. They have been one game shy of making the playoffs the last two years so they have been competitive. Even though they're in a rebuilding year I still look for them to be competitive in region play.

the score is impressive, but how did South Side look?

I don't really think it was so much South Side being impressive as it was Obion Central being unimpressive....After Jax SS went up 14-3(big play being the 3rd and long to open the 2nd qtr)OC fumbled the ensuing kick-off and JSS went in the very next play...Took the wind out of the Rebel's sails and they really didn't put up too much of a fight the rest of the night......Doesn't seem to matter who the coach is,turnovers seem to follow the Rebels......The Rebels are young and they don't have many breathers to gain any confidence.....Good Luck the rest of the way except for one little game in Union City....

South Side looked pretty good. Held Obion co. to 95 total yards. Over 50 of them came against 2nd string. Obion is not very good at all. They may not win a game this year. SS could have won 50 plus to 3. They put in 2nd string in late 3rd quarter. Plus the new mercy rule kicked in the 4th. Clock never stopped.

South Side looked pretty good. Held Obion co. to 95 total yards. Over 50 of them came against 2nd string. Obion is not very good at all. They may not win a game this year. SS could have won 50 plus to 3. They put in 2nd string in late 3rd quarter. Plus the new mercy rule kicked in the 4th. Clock never stopped.

If you were a sophomore or junior that has never started a varsity game before, people might not think you were very good at all either. Trust me Obion Central will win some games this year. The biggest thing for them is to keep getting game experience. And the other thing is I wish they would pick an offensive set and one quarterback and stick to it. Switching from the I formation to the shotgun and Haskins to Heuck isn't gonna help them any. I think the best chance for them to move the ball is the passing game. The line seemed to pass block better than run block.