Elizabethton at Science Hill

topvol98

How does this game play out?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

I don't think everyone got mad but I don't believe that everyone thanks Norris is the solution right now. From what I hear the Norris kid has some good potential but he's not dressing varsity at this point. I, for one, am going to continue to believe that our coaching staff knows what it's doing. It was one game and things went in a direction that some hoped it wouldn't. I think we have seen the worse and know what area needs improvement. I hate get all cliche but the biggest improvement is always from the first game to the second one.

The Norris kid is a long way from being ready for prime time. maybe in a couple of years. No help right now.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second best QB in upper east TN. Oh, and TopVol, u have a chip on your shoulder dude. Chill out! Oops, I guess I shouldn't have capatilized topvol. Don't read too much into it.

Yeah I might do but it's not toward you but I'll let you have your fun . I keep hearing that about your backup but it's really hard to tell until the lights are on. Speaking of depth and since this a Betsy- Topper thread. How is the depth at qb and rb for the Cylclones?

The second best QB in upper east TN. Oh, and TopVol, u have a chip on your shoulder dude. Chill out! Oops, I guess I shouldn't have capatilized topvol. Don't read too much into it.

The “Spade” thing jumped out at me also, so I guess I have that same chip….but after struggling with it for a while I chose to believe that it was just a less than intelligent choice of words given this situation. I wouldn’t stress it Topvol…they are just upset because the area looks at Curt and South like Elvis and…………… Now what was the name of his band?????

The ?“Spade?” thing jumped out at me also, so I guess I have that same chip?….but after struggling with it for a while I chose to believe that it was just a less than intelligent choice of words given this situation. I wouldn?’t stress it Topvol?…they are just upset because the area looks at Curt and South like Elvis and?…?…?…?…?… Now what was the name of his band?????

Cap, you hit the nail on the head with the hammer. We could win the 4A state championship this year and it still would not give us respect. At least not the kind of respect DB has, THS has and 'Topper athletics has. Oh well we will keep pluggin'. I really thought nothing about the "Spade" when I posted it. Now I see the bad. I guess that is the argument with the black/white community...the (modern) white people didn't invent these racial slures and consequently don't use them in that context. Just a victim of 60's upbringing. And the Black people respond, "What other context is there." It was ignorance on my part. I should have been aware. No excuse for such a lack of consideration. So TopVol...I can't retract the word from your memory but I do feel the sting. I appologize! I don't expect that to mean much at this point but there you have it in black and white.

ok lets talk about the big game friday... the hill and cyclones.... is everybody finished venting and fussing? whats your thoughts about friday's game..... should be a standing room only crowd in JC....

Should be a good game if Betsy can keep it close the first half things may get interesting. Turnovers and special teams will determine the outcome i think

Yeah I might do but it's not toward you but I'll let you have your fun . I keep hearing that about your backup but it's really hard to tell until the lights are on. Speaking of depth and since this a Betsy- Topper thread. How is the depth at qb and rb for the Cylclones?

They will be alright. I believe the rb backup is Coty Forbes (so.), and qb backup is another so. Ryan Thomas. I believe experience and depth could pose a problem for the cyclones. The cyclones get up for this game anyway. We're talking about braging rights to your next door neighbor, family, and friends. Maybe coach Wittens gameday speach will give them the edge, if they take on the personallity of their coach.

They will be alright. I believe the rb backup is Coty Forbes (so.), and qb backup is another so. Ryan Thomas. I believe experience and depth could pose a problem for the cyclones. The cyclones get up for this game anyway. We're talking about braging rights to your next door neighbor, family, and friends. Maybe coach Wittens gameday speach will give them the edge, if they take on the personallity of their coach.

I understand about taking on the personality of the coach but I'm sure most Betsy fans would like to see the players have the talent that the coach had, heck I would love to see about 8 of his talent on our team.

I believe we have those kind of players, if they are placed in the right positions. We just got plan out coached. Coach Witten will be ready. Coach Smith will be ready. Throw the record books out. It's all about heart and I hope our DB's are ready. We will stop the run, but when they go to the air will we be ready? hmm.

I believe we have those kind of players, if they are placed in the right positions. We just got plan out coached. Coach Witten will be ready. Coach Smith will be ready. Throw the record books out. It's all about heart and I hope our DB's are ready. We will stop the run, but when they go to the air will we be ready? hmm.

I think we will be ready against the pass. I doubt the Betsy qb will be able to get away from the rush the way that Philips did and I doubt that he will be able to throw with the accuracy and velocity on the move the way that Phillips did. I don't think that the cramps should come into play as much this week also. I also expect alot more from the offense to help the defense stay fresh. I would be surprise to see this game close after 3 quarters.