Riverdale (1-0) @ Antioch (0-1)

tdntn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way MBA ran the ball on Antioch last night, Riverdale should take this one pretty easily. Dale 21+

I'm still kinda trippin' how the score was 14-0 last night. Would the credit go to Oakland's defense? or was Riverdale's offense just not clicking yet? Or Both?

well of course oakland being a wing T they are going to know better than any team on how to defend it, which they did a good job at. riverdale is a little slow and inconsistant at the beginning each year (well our defense sure wasnt last night). having jeremy in a boot earlier in the week and him only coming in for 2 carries hurt us, and having joey go out in the 2nd quarter also is obviously going to hurt. line will have to block a little better (if they want to be the best oline in the state as many have given them credit for) also

with all offensive weapons we have i know we will see the growth week to week, better to peak towards the end than the beginning right? always room for improvement but i believe the defense is where it needs to be for the most part so i am very excited about that

The way MBA ran the ball on Antioch last night, Riverdale should take this one pretty easily. Dale 21+

I'm still kinda trippin' how the score was 14-0 last night. Would the credit go to Oakland's defense? or was Riverdale's offense just not clicking yet? Or Both?

WE held RHS to 2 first downs in the first half last night. I think they had a total of around 10 for the night . Credit them to getting 14 pts though and the W. I know our boys don't want to settle for anything but a W. I think you can ask the RHS O about how intense and physical our D was last night. If you read the DNJ, I think they may have been impressed with our D too. Time to move on to CC , another wingT team.

This is a really big test...I understand that Antioch is a spread offense and that will challenge our DBs and pass rush.

Our offense will probably be down a couple starters again next week so we need to be ready to do a few more things and we need to get a lot of reps to the 2d and 3d team backs. Regardless, we'll probably need to score more than 14 points to win this one.

The defense will be challenged. Antioch was picked to win their region based on the strength of the offense and their skill players. We got a shut out on Oakland last week but it's important to remember that Oakland was shut out in their last scrimmage by a 4A team. We'll need to be much better this week.

I'm hoping Friday was just a sluggish start. Riverdale 24, Antioch 14.

This is a really big test...I understand that Antioch is a spread offense and that will challenge our DBs and pass rush.

Our offense will probably be down a couple starters again next week so we need to be ready to do a few more things and we need to get a lot of reps to the 2d and 3d team backs. Regardless, we'll probably need to score more than 14 points to win this one.

The defense will be challenged. Antioch was picked to win their region based on the strength of the offense and their skill players. We got a shut out on Oakland last week but it's important to remember that Oakland was shut out in their last scrimmage by a 4A team. We'll need to be much better this week.

I'm hoping Friday was just a sluggish start. Riverdale 24, Antioch 14.

The defense didnt have to many injuries against Oakland, hopefully we get Mcclain back. That really hurt our run game. Joey lee proved he has big play capibility and hopefully hes ready to go. The offense will take some time get the backs and lineman on the same page. I know Hankins, and Adyelott will get them right this week.