Riverdale (1-0) @ Antioch (0-1)

tdntn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT? i heard joey lee was out for the year?! wonder what is going on with that. I had a nice conversation with mcclains mom friday night (last firday)before the game it was nice to talk to her again they are good people it is funny how people drift over the years her son played baseball with my oldest son and really havent seen them much but it was great talking to her and i hate to hear that blake injury is gonna take some time as i know he is ready to get his groove while waiting patiently at RIVERDALE for his chance

Glad to see joey lee is gonna play i know it didnt look good when he was carried off the feild was it just cramps or what if it was his knee i would think they will sit him too since its not a region game

both might play

if not we have 2 capible senior backs in vanhoose and boykin they bring alot of talent and leadership, plus we have a host of underclassmen that are capible as well.

No matter who is in the backfield this Riverdale offensive line will block for them. They were knocked around against Oakland a little bit and Oakland seemed much more physical than most would imagine. They came after the big boys up front and were having fun.

RHS responds and the offense clicks tonight.

Riverdale 31 vs. Antioch 3

the question evryone has after the riverdale vs oakland game was simple

1.is oaklands defense that improved and good

or

2.is riverdales offense that bad with no passing attack

I think after tonights game we will see what is the correct answer

if the answer to 1. yes then riverdale wins

if the answer to number 2 is yes then don't be suprised if riverdale losses, not likely but if they struggle on offense tonight they may be in trouble.

Final was 28-13 with Antioch scoring on a hail Mary pass as time expired. Same thing happened ;ast year in game 2 except we didn't have a 21 point lead then.

Offense was better but still sputtered. The defense gave a up a lot of yards but turned in two great goal line stands.

It was a win and that's about all. We'll need to play better if we want to win next week against Blackman. Thankfully we did get LOTS of experience chasing a mobile QB tonight.

McClain and Lee both played the hole game but Boykin was out...Overton got the start in his place.

Tyler Finch had a great game on defense. Grimes played well, Mcswain did too.

That QB for Antioch is quite a ball player.

Agreed. He put a lot of air under the ball last week versus MBA and had a tendency to throw across his body, but he was very elusive and had great escape ability as a runner.

I agree. If he had any blocking he might would have completed several against us.

It was not a well played game, we had way too many penalties. 4 TD's called back because of holding or block in the back. The offense looked much more in sinc, except for the penalties. It helped that #2 was back. We missed #11 tonight but #10 looked good. Verge's INT was great.

I agree. If he had any blocking he might would have completed several against us.

It was not a well played game, we had way too many penalties. 4 TD's called back because of holding or block in the back. The offense looked much more in sinc, except for the penalties. It helped that #2 was back. We missed #11 tonight but #10 looked good. Verge's INT was great.

Not to complain, but some of the penalties seemed whacked out. Penalty on the goal line for not having in a mouth piece, holding on RHS when the bears were slinging us around with a face mask hold. Sloppy officiating from my seat. Both ways some ugly calls.