Riverdale (1-0) @ Antioch (0-1)

tdntn

Verge's INT was great.

Forgot to mention Verge...he was a big-timer last night.

Not to complain, but some of the penalties seemed whacked out. Penalty on the goal line for not having in a mouth piece, holding on RHS when the bears were slinging us around with a face mask hold. Sloppy officiating from my seat. Both ways some ugly calls.

The offcials were definitely the dominating feature of the game. They managed to keep both teams out of sync. They were just bad...all around. Bad calls everywhere. The guy in the white hat seemed to have an agenda and then there was the oter guy that acted like he was trying to balance out the bad calls from the first guy. Wish they had just let the players play.

We had a #26 playing a lot of minutes last night in the backfield but don't have a #26 on the roster. Who was that?

Big one coming up next week.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that the O-line was definately more in sync this week. much better holes & the backs were able to hit them better. The only "twenty" something back that had a lot of runs was van hoose...it is hard 2 believe that a team that went from 1-2 penalties last week got a gazilion called last night with 3-4 calling back touch downs. Now the one on #23 for the late hit we all know that one was coming bc we heard the whistle up in the visitors stand & he knock him again over on the Antioch side so we knew that was coming. But some of the others were crazy. But am not going to continue bashing the refs as I could do....

Our players played well as a team last night.... Great pass for a TD!! Great running!! Great D-Fense!! just work on the penalties & the score will show what all of these great plays need it to... Oh & how about our special teams last night..blocked punt... GREAT KICKING!!! WTG WARRIORS!!

i think that the O-line was definately more in sync this week. much better holes & the backs were able to hit them better. The only "twenty" something back that had a lot of runs was van hoose...it is hard 2 believe that a team that went from 1-2 penalties last week got a gazilion called last night with 3-4 calling back touch downs. Now the one on #23 for the late hit we all know that one was coming bc we heard the whistle up in the visitors stand & he knock him again over on the Antioch side so we knew that was coming. But some of the others were crazy. But am not going to continue bashing the refs as I could do....

Our players played well as a team last night.... Great pass for a TD!! Great running!! Great D-Fense!! just work on the penalties & the score will show what all of these great plays need it to... Oh & how about our special teams last night..blocked punt... GREAT KICKING!!! WTG WARRIORS!!

Vanhoose was giving the line props in the paper...said the holes were huge. That's a really good sign.

The #26 I saw was in the backfield for about 10-12 plays but I don't think he ever carried the ball.

Beckwith has me feeling much better about the kicking game.

I think it was a game we can build off of. Coach A's teams are not known for the holding calls so we'll just chalk this one up as a learning experience.

any antioch people can give an update on the player that got injured on the Xpt attempt...for those not there one of thier players jumped really early trying to block an extra point & ended up getting kicked...he seemed to be hurt pretty bad. hope he is ok but was wondering if someone cld give an update.

he is fine . just a bruise to the forearm.

I agree. If he had any blocking he might would have completed several against us.

It was not a well played game, we had way too many penalties. 4 TD's called back because of holding or block in the back. The offense looked much more in sinc, except for the penalties. It helped that #2 was back. We missed #11 tonight but #10 looked good. Verge's INT was great.

that was the story of the night huh? score doesnt do the justice really. antioch fought hard tho i was extremely glad to see us making some nice red zone stops. btw, who had our first TD? wasnt there to see it, guess i also missed the blocked punt. O line did well, the backs did well of course. trey had some nice throws of course with the touchdown to joey but mcclain couldnt get his hands on one ball inside the 5 that would have been a TD (it was a tad overthrown) and then trey put the ball right on the money to another receiver would have been about 30 yards but he dropped it.

if tillery of lavergne keeps racking up all the yards he will probably get the all region awards and all that but i would rather have the multi threat back field with various running styles and plenty of depth than a single dominant back (i think mcclain or lee would be putting up that kind of production weekly in rankins offense)

i am THRILLED about some of these seniors stepping up. wow #23 Joseph Grimes and #10 Tyler Finch have made MONSTER improvements. #29 Chris Crouch and #35 Chirs Murphy are also doing some nice things i wouldnt have expected them to do this year.

verge's INT was beautiful he has alot of speed for a DE he was beating alot of guys down the field. also really nice to see vanhoose have a monster game big 17 yard touchdown and he had another 20+ yard carry. jeremy and joey back in the line up and healthy is real nice also, good outing for the warriors