Landers / Buffs

foreveranole

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland is a much-improved team. I'm bettin' the farm on a Cloudland victory.

Okay, so I have a very small farm. Good Luck, Highlanders!

YOu are going to lose your farm. I only call it like I see it. There will be a lot of shocked faces in Roan Mt. this Friday. Mine won't be one of them.

YOu are going to lose your farm. I only call it like I see it. There will be a lot of shocked faces in Roan Mt. this Friday. Mine won't be one of them.

I wouldn't bet a farm or kidney or anything on any game, but I'll have to say WG stands a chance of having a much better season than last year. They have a firey new coach who has obviously spent a lot of time undoing the damage that Barry Carter did to the program. I won't make any predictions on the outcome, (I've yet to see cloudland play.) but I do hope the Landers don't expect to see the same thing out of the Buffs as last year.

Good luck to both teams.

West Greene has a very talented junior running back. Regardless of what his team has done the last two years, he has ran for at least 1000 in the last two seasons. Jordan Ward is a very solid runner he's 5'11" 205 and can run. The Buffs also have a very good football player in #8 Michael Edwards that will be at safety and receiver, maybe even some other positions

The key will be West Greene's line. I know for a fact that a fiery coach whose had past success can totally rebound a team in one season. The thing I'm expecting to see is an improvement on the line on both sides of the ball. A good coach will not put up with lazy lineman who stand straight up and won't stay with a block. He also will not put up with defensive lineman who won't scrap and get after the ball. You see, you don't have to have all-american running backs to have a good team. You've got to have 11 boys and a coach with the same understanding. If West Greene possesses these qualities, then they will duplicate what Cosby has done the past 2 seasons. West Greene can beat Cloudland. I don't want it to happen, but it may have to happen for everyone to wake up in Roan Mt. and smell the coffee. Cloudland has had 16 winning seasons compared to only 2 losing seasons since 1990. That is proof a program can be good every year. I don't put much stock in rebuilding, JUST RELOADING.

This is a really big win. Honestly, this game was more critical than anyone could imagine. By the way, the people who have given up on Cloudland were probably not present last night. So for anyone questioning my loyalty, there you have it. The Highlanders are back in mission again, whooooooooo!!