Jefferson County vs Morristown West

Warlock

I doubt that is the case, and if it is, they could easily make a request to have it changed.

The more likely explanation is that the station doesn't want to upgrade their transmitter

because of the expense.

Their power is dictated by the FCC. They will never put out more than 500 watts during the day. I think now they broadcast 24 hrs, in which case they have to power down to 96 watts at night. My microwave puts out more wattage. Jefferson Co. used to have an FM station (WJFC 99.3) but it is now part of the Talk News 100.3 in Knoxville. Jefferson County needs their own station.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few observations:

West has little talent and less heart. Theyquit last week and they quit this week in mid 4th qtr. Glad to see Wild show his true colors. Great job leading you team. When they need you, you throw over the heads of your receivers and when you do complete a pass and they fumble, you challenge the refs and get a 15 yrd penalty.......anybody can show class in victory.....few show class in losing

Jeff Co gutted it out....but we can still show a lot of improvement. The challenge is .....is JC content to beat West or will they challenge themselves to get better every week and make the playoffs ?

Did the PA system shut down in the 2nd half.....I don't remember hearing a single word over the PA ? Maybe the JC fans were just too loud.

It is time to move on and forget about this one. It was a great win for the PATS but I would have to agree with Evertonesfan that West does have some talent, some heart, and they will probably bounce back. I'm a JCHS fan myself but let's don't get on a roll criticizing 17 year old kids.

We do need to make a lot of improvements or some of these silly things will cost us a game or two down the road. Clock management is a concern, punt team not being aware that you don't let the ball bounce backward (we had 2 guys stand and watch it), and the secondary coverage (that was 2 seniors that let him 10 yards behind them). We won that game based on emotion and adrenaline flowing, but we must eliminate these mental mistakes if we think we can make the playoffs and compete with the DB's, Bearden's, etc..

Let's forget West and go after Campbell County. Last Friday is history, but it was a sweet win.

It is time to move on and forget about this one. It was a great win for the PATS but I would have to agree with Evertonesfan that West does have some talent, some heart, and they will probably bounce back. I'm a JCHS fan myself but let's don't get on a roll criticizing 17 year old kids.

We do need to make a lot of improvements or some of these silly things will cost us a game or two down the road. Clock management is a concern, punt team not being aware that you don't let the ball bounce backward (we had 2 guys stand and watch it), and the secondary coverage (that was 2 seniors that let him 10 yards behind them). We won that game based on emotion and adrenaline flowing, but we must eliminate these mental mistakes if we think we can make the playoffs and compete with the DB's, Bearden's, etc..

Let's forget West and go after Campbell County. Last Friday is history, but it was a sweet win.

I agree, Wild did a pretty good job I think. He only had 8-9 incompletions, one was a horrible drop down the middle that would have been a sure TD.

I doubt that is the case, and if it is, they could easily make a request to have it changed.

The more likely explanation is that the station doesn't want to upgrade their transmitter

because of the expense.

It's not quite that easy. AM radio is a freaky thing. Other stations using that frequency around them have to go "dark" and completely go off the air. At night AM does wierd things. Example, WCRK in Morristown can barely be heard on the west end of Morristown. However if you drive to Atlanta you can hear it great.

WJFC was the first station I ever worked for and we had an old transmitter that was outdated when Noah brought it over on the Arc. I do beleive they purchased a new transmitter a few years ago.

Power increases can be made at a lower cost than just buying a new transmitter but as long as the current FCC map of frequencies exist in their current configuration, WJFC will have to suffer with what they have now.