Jefferson County vs Morristown West

Warlock

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West has a distinct advantage in team speed. However the patriots finished their last game with their heads up. West has a very veteran coach, while Coach Anderson is both young and new. As an old veer coach widen the Olines splits. It creates the veer allys and spreads the D even if they walk 8 or 9 up into the box. Good luck patriots

I expect an all out war this friday, neither team wants to get to 0-2, especially if that 2nd loss is to a rival. The most improvement is suppose to take place between games 1 and 2, so we could see two totally different teams than the ones we saw last friday. I would say I`d like to see a hard fought clean game, but I know better. Boys on both sides better strap that chinstrap on tight.

Just watched the West - Catholic game that I had DVR'd. I gotta tell you I thought I was watching a West - Maryville game.

West had a lot of missed tackles, something they almost never have a problem with. The White kid on Defense played a good game had a pick and recovery and some tackles, the safety had a pretty good game too. The linebacker #5 whiffed on a couple of tackles, the LBs didnt look too hot.

They never got the run established. #20 had a rough night, seemed like #2 had better luck hitting what you might call a hole.

Their punter had a really solid game including a 65 yarder, but the rest of the special teams didnt have a good night.

Somebody from West tell me is #2 Goforth Kaleb's little brother or what? I like the way the kid runs, he reminds me of former Trojan back Jay Walker.

It really seems like West is down this year, I think Gut and the boys have more than a fighting chance to get a W from ol Sparky Woods.

More to come this later this week. Always a big week at JCHS when West is coming up.