Jefferson County vs Morristown West

Warlock

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the players and coaches. Thay could have folded after going down 17-7. Who says the veer doesn't work. Mix a few passes and it will open up big time. Zach Long threw a great pass and did a good job on the fake pitches. He is maturing in this offense. Overall the defense flat got after MW. The secondary is a concern though.

WAY TO GO BOYS!

Didn't get a chance to hear much of the game, but when I heard it we were soundin good. Congratulations to Coach Gut and the kids too.

It took a lot of character to bounce back after last week, character is something we haven't had in a couple years.

Keep it going from here Patriots, always good to steal one from Ol Coach Woods.

Great game Pats!

I must admit that I had some doubts prior to the game, I knew if we cut down on the mistakes and executed on offense we`d have a chance. I don`t know what happened at halftime, but one offensive unit went into the dressing room and a completely different unit walked out. Score could have been a lot worse because West had their fair share of short fields to work with. As PatriotMan said the team could have easily got down on themselves after going down 13, but like last week it doesn`t seem like much effects these kids. McFall ran like a man possessed, figured it was there after last week just needed some room to run. By the 4th West was putting as many guys in the box as possible and it still didn`t matter, great job of blocking. Long ran the offense almost as well as it can be ran, made all the right reads and better yet the pitches on the toss and option plays were all on point. We threw my fade down by the goalline, so I guess I can`t complain anymore about not throwing it lol.

Defense was business as usual for the most part, I thought the coaches made a great adjustment late with the secondary defending the two WR's to one side that was eating us up early. Defense was laying the wood which was great to see, even the secondary got in on the hard hitting action. I feel sorry for o-lines that have to go up against those DT's, they were making plays all night.

P.S To the Mo West student section: Just a suggestion, it might not be the best idea in the world to try to rub it in and point to the scoreboard before the game is decided.

Once again, just a suggestion

Outstanding job!!!! Way to never quit and keep digging. You guys are starting to see what Patriot Pride is all about. This is not the teams of past that rolls over and go ti ts up when they get behind. Great kicking and special teams plays. Defense, man way to take a stand and hold'em. Yeary, Terance you guys did a great job. The entire D did a great job, just can't name them all. Running game was solid with McFall zigzagging and Brooks smash mouthing it up the field. Great job of blocking by the line. The front for West looked pretty big. Passing-We need it and We've got to get Step in the game more. Zack-great job all around.

A few things though. Why were the corners so far back? Not quite sure why you would take a Junior FB and replace him with a Sophomore tail back for a series. The O series when there was 3-4 minutes to go and we had the ball looked very sloppy. I know we chewed up the clock with all the delay penalties but sloppiness breeds sloppiness. We should have kept the pressure on and kicked a FG if we had too. Why did we not go for 2 on the 6 inch line?

Good calling coach A on the going for 2 then changing it up to a FG. You had everybody going for a minute there.

Congrats to coach Anderson on his first victory and the first victory on the high dollar, highly touted artificial field. Get we get one for JCHS???

Morristown West by 14.

Knox Catholic is a very good football team.

Greeneville is up and coming.

I have to go with MoWest on this one. BIG

MoWest 42 Jeff County 10

I believe West is much softer on both sides of the lines than in past years, yet great athletes at the skilled positions. The Patriots must play smack mouth FB to have a chance. West by 2 TDs, but pulling for Jeff to win.

I will have to change my mind and go with Morristown West by 28.

You just keep digging a hole.

As much as i would like to see jeff co. win this game its just not gonna happen do u know how fired up mo weezie is gonna be there gonna hit the door running and not look back

MW 28

JC 17

I think Morristown West wins this game pretty easily. West 31 Jeff County 14

To all the nay sayers out there..... Well I guess you can figure it out. Hint-It aint this Buds for you.