Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

Hey dadoffour, pasture or any other Temple fans. A question for you. We had a JV game scheduled with Jasper for this afternoon but after getting pounded a week ago they chicken out and cancelled. I was talking to Coach Grider and suggested that he contact Temple since they did not have a game this week and see if they would be interested in having a JV game instead. I figured our JV would be a real good match-up with Temple's younger guys and it would give them both some good playing time. So Coach Grider calls the AD's office and leaves messages on Thursday and Friday and he even called and left a message at the main office on Friday but as of yesterday afternoon had not even recieved a return call. What's up? If you don't want to play you should at least call and say no thanks. I think the AD and/or coaches missed a good opportunity for the team to get better.

I don't know what's up. I would think the messages would have been received, but maybe they weren't . I'm sure Coach Marcum would at least return your call. You might want to e-mail Coach Marcum. His address is on Temple's website.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I have already brought this up....however I have some information that might shed light as to why temple continues to have a team...when they should not....believe this connection or not...it is true.... I know a guy who knows a guy...who knows a coach for a team temple has played...he said that he cannot understand why temple decided to have a team and why they don't cancel it asap....he could not believe the administration would do that to the kids...b/c he said...they were not having fun and the kids he coaches told him after the game that all the kids did was complain about "having to play"....now I understand this is third party info...but this is what I think...

1-Temple is so arrogant they can't cancel the season or shutdown the program b/c it makes them look bad and they would have to admit to being wrong...

2- Temple is making these kids play because if they don't Temple has to pay $1500 to every school they cancel with for the next 2 years...Temple can't afford it so they keep on playing....

Take it or leave it that is what I think....

Sounds like you know what your talking about.

Why does Grace have a cross-country team? They are horrible.

They used to have a good team. Why not shut it down for a few years until they are good again.

Every team goes through it's ups and downs. I understand Temple is REALLY down but please.

I believe the main reason the still have a team is they did not want to do what Skogen recommended especially since he pulled Joey out. If they dropped the team, Joey may have been eligible to play at McCallie this year. Instead he is playing JV.

2- Temple is making these kids play

How do you make 21 kids play football? There is no way you believe the stuff you post.

I believe the main reason the still have a team is they did not want to do what Skogen recommended especially since he pulled Joey out. If they dropped the team, Joey may have been eligible to play at McCallie this year. Instead he is playing JV.

So you're saying you think the main reason Temple has a varsity football team is so that a former student wouldn't be eligible to play varsity this year at another school? Surely I misunderstood you.

I know I have already brought this up....however I have some information that might shed light as to why temple continues to have a team...when they should not....believe this connection or not...it is true.... I know a guy who knows a guy...who knows a coach for a team temple has played...he said that he cannot understand why temple decided to have a team and why they don't cancel it asap....he could not believe the administration would do that to the kids...b/c he said...they were not having fun and the kids he coaches told him after the game that all the kids did was complain about "having to play"....now I understand this is third party info...but this is what I think...

1-Temple is so arrogant they can't cancel the season or shutdown the program b/c it makes them look bad and they would have to admit to being wrong...

2- Temple is making these kids play because if they don't Temple has to pay $1500 to every school they cancel with for the next 2 years...Temple can't afford it so they keep on playing....

Take it or leave it that is what I think....

Now, let me see if I understand this. You know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a coach who is coaching a team that Temple has played?

If you really want to know, go talk to the kids for yourself rather than listening to information thrice removed.

Temple's players want to play football. They love playing football. They cry if they do not get to play. They dream about playing at night when they go to bed. They talk about it at the dinner table at home and at the lunch table at school. They nurse their wounds with pleasure and pride. They cannot wait for Fridays so they can mix it up under those majical lights. The crash of pads and helmets sends shivers of excitement through their bones. The sound of cleats clacking across the pavement causes their senses to come alive. The smell of nasty, sweaty locker rooms steels their resolve. Playing football strikes a chord that resounds deep within their bowels and drives them to compete with a raw desire to do battle that emanates from their guts and unifies the hearts of men since ancient times.

Your source was wrong...

Now, let me see if I understand this. You know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a coach who is coaching a team that Temple has played?

If you really want to know, go talk to the kids for yourself rather than listening to information thrice removed.

Temple's players want to play football. They love playing football. They cry if they do not get to play. They dream about playing at night when they go to bed. They talk about it at the dinner table at home and at the lunch table at school. They nurse their wounds with pleasure and pride. They cannot wait for Fridays so they can mix it up under those majical lights. The crash of pads and helmets sends shivers of excitement through their bones. The sound of cleats clacking across the pavement causes their senses to come alive. The smell of nasty, sweaty locker rooms steels their resolve. Playing football strikes a chord that resounds deep within their bowels and drives them to compete with a raw desire to do battle that emanates from their guts and unifies the hearts of men since ancient times.

Your source was wrong...

they feel all that? that's a little strange......

You're starting to worry me Pasture.

I think you may be right. I hear that we will hear something by the end of this week, and from what i hear a couple years probation might be on the table.

I had heard that we would hear by last Thurs or Fri but the TSSAA had a delay getting some things together. It won't be long now. I think the penalities will be more than just fines and post season bans.