Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After their loss at St. Andrew-Sewanee, will Temple be able to beat anyone this year?

I'll go one further.....if they are so uncompetitive that they could not give SAS a good game or keep DB from beating them by 16 in a quarter will they even have a team by the end of the season? I'm not talking about TSSAA stuff, I'm talking about players getting hurt or getting tired of the beatings and quitting. They are not deep, mostly freshmen, and they will be playing some much improved teams (Whitwell, Grace, Silverdale) starting Sept 7. Then they have the gaunlet of LV and SP on 10/19 and 10/26. Will they have a team left to play DB at the end of the season? I have serious doubts about it.

I'll go one further.....if they are so uncompetitive that they could not give SAS a good game or keep DB from beating them by 16 in a quarter will they even have a team by the end of the season? I'm not talking about TSSAA stuff, I'm talking about players getting hurt or getting tired of the beatings and quitting. They are not deep, mostly freshmen, and they will be playing some much improved teams (Whitwell, Grace, Silverdale) starting Sept 7. Then they have the gaunlet of LV and SP on 10/19 and 10/26. Will they have a team left to play DB at the end of the season? I have serious doubts about it.

it is a good point to argue. One thinks of Red Boiling Springs and how they continue to have a team, but perhaps it is becaues they are, i hate to say it because it sounds bad, but they are conditioned to it. A single win would be the super bowl to them.

Temple on the other hand is comming off a season where wins were, well literally a dime a dozen. Can a young team who is used to playing during blowout victories stand to play during blowout losses? I think that they will still have the needed 15 kids to have a team at the end of the year, and probably gonna suprise us by still having a team next year as well... if they go 0-20 in two seasons.... Well, Temple could end up being happy with a one hit wonder in every since of the words.

it is a good point to argue. One thinks of Red Boiling Springs and how they continue to have a team, but perhaps it is becaues they are, i hate to say it because it sounds bad, but they are conditioned to it. A single win would be the super bowl to them.

Temple on the other hand is comming off a season where wins were, well literally a dime a dozen. Can a young team who is used to playing during blowout victories stand to play during blowout losses? I think that they will still have the needed 15 kids to have a team at the end of the year, and probably gonna suprise us by still having a team next year as well... if they go 0-20 in two seasons.... Well, Temple could end up being happy with a one hit wonder in every since of the words.

You are right....RBS continues to do it but they actually have some upper classmen. Temple is a freshman team for most part.

Go RBS!!