Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with playing at 5:00 pm on Friday? South Pittsburg might not be too happy having to play on Saturday. The junior pro league also plays on Saturday so the gate will be nothing if it's played on Saturday.

Don't believe it was DB's idea. However, I'm just a casual observer and do not get into when/games are played. I leave that to the administrators and coaches.

I thought his post was an honest assessment. A freshman QB will have bad games and IMO there is nothing wrong with talking about his performance, good and bad, as long as it is not done in a demeaning way

Yes, it was an honest assessment. But it's hard enough to bounce back from a bad game, and to read about it on the internet isn't going to help. Temple's QB is tough as nails and probably won't be bothered by someone posting his bad stats, but for some kids it might be demoralizing. I just think we need to be careful.

It is DB's home game. They get to set the time and place. SP has no say in the matter

I am quite new to this forum, and you seem to have a lot of respect what you write, kinda like the old commerical "when EF Hutton speaks, people listen". However, in this case, you may not be exactly correct. The public schools that have to travel a distance for an early game came to a joint decision to play on Saturday. I can ensure you that DB has no desire or reason to play on a Saturday other than what I have stated. Hopefully, one day soon, they will have lights and can play at a normal time like other schools. It's just not the same as playing on "Friday nights under the lights"....

I am quite new to this forum, and you seem to have a lot of respect what you write, kinda like the old commerical "when EF Hutton speaks, people listen". However, in this case, you may not be exactly correct. The public schools that have to travel a distance for an early game came to a joint decision to play on Saturday. I can ensure you that DB has no desire or reason to play on a Saturday other than what I have stated. Hopefully, one day soon, they will have lights and can play at a normal time like other schools. It's just not the same as playing on "Friday nights under the lights"....

So you are saying that the South Pittsburg coaches made this decision? As for the distance it is about a 35 minute ride so I don't think travel distance would have a lot to do with it but then I am not on the "inside" on issues such as this.

Yes, it was an honest assessment. But it's hard enough to bounce back from a bad game, and to read about it on the internet isn't going to help. Temple's QB is tough as nails and probably won't be bothered by someone posting his bad stats, but for some kids it might be demoralizing. I just think we need to be careful.

You sound like you might be the QB's dad? Do you have four kids or are you the dad of #4?

You remember that old adage, "If you can't stand the heat...?" If you are the quarterback you are in the hot seat. Everyone on the other side of the ball wants to take you out and everyone on your side of the ball is depending on you to lead them and you are the key to the offense. The wide receivers cannot catch the ball if you do not throw it. The fullback cannot run with the ball if you do not hand it to him. The center will never snap it if you do not say "hut."

Were you at the game? It was not a bad game at all. The penalties killed us. The turnovers from fumbles and interceptions hurt. But, in my opinion, the team actually played a good game, especially considering how poorly they played at the jamboree just a week earlier. Erase the penalties and turnovers and it would have been Temple on top 22-2. Do you agree?

The quarterback of any team better have really thick skin or else he is headed for a very short career behind the center of a high school football team.

Just so you know, I thought the quarterback did a good job. I was only pointing out the problems his inexperience created and that it was overall inexperience on the team's part that gave them a loss instead of a win. An experienced team with the talent, size, and heart Temple has would have pounded SAS.

So you are saying that the South Pittsburg coaches made this decision? As for the distance it is about a 35 minute ride so I don't think travel distance would have a lot to do with it but then I am not on the "inside" on issues such as this.

Nope. Believe it was a joint decision. I'm not on the inside either, but I guarantee you DB has no interest in playing on a Saturday.

Temple's only chance to win a game is next week when the play the worst team in NC.... I was at the TT SAS game and temple is terrible...wow...awful..... I'm tellin ya- no skogens=no wins...ESPECIALLY no wins vs. grace...we will rip through temple this year in every sport....mark it down....and football will be really ugly...

Every sport? You guys must have recruited some serious basketball players over the summer.