Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give temple some credit. they could have taken an easier way out and cancelled their season (much like silverdale did a year or two ago....remember how mad south pitt was when they lost a home game?). i think the important thing is to remember that the most important aspect in this situation is the kids. are they learning a life lesson? how beneficial will this season become from that aspect? isn't this what sports is all about?

give temple some credit. they could have taken an easier way out and cancelled their season (much like silverdale did a year or two ago....remember how mad south pitt was when they lost a home game?). i think the important thing is to remember that the most important aspect in this situation is the kids. are they learning a life lesson? how beneficial will this season become from that aspect? isn't this what sports is all about?

That was not Silverdale, that was David Brainerd.

Temple is improving by leaps and bounds. The only thing that hurt them this past Friday night was self-inflicted penalties. They are a very young team. I would be careful about betting the farm against Temple over two early scrimmages and an early game. Temple looked like a football team this past Friday night and was in the red zone often enough to win. The freshman quarterback committed four turnovers: two picks and two fumbles, the only ones of the game I think. SAS was probably as good as or a little better than David Brainerd and if Temple and David Brainerd were to match up as early as this Friday it would be a whole different ball game.

This is unquestionably a rebuilding year for Temple but, unlike Silverdale, Grace, David Brainerd, etc., these Temple kids know what it is like to be on top and will be again because they have the heart to persevere. Watch and see if Temple does not continue to improve over the course of the season. Silverdale and David Brainerd will both be surprised.

Did the stud transfer from South Carolina play against St. Andrews? Has Temple lost any kids yet do to all of the stuff that has been going on?

The "stud" didn't play. I was told he is not eligible yet. I don't know of any kids lost. The team actually looked like they had as many or more players as ever. Unfortunately the average kid is 14 years old and 117 lbs

I was very proud of the guys though. I don't care if they win this year. If they continue to fight like they did last Friday night this will be a season to build on.

The "stud" didn't play. I was told he is not eligible yet. I don't know of any kids lost. The team actually looked like they had as many or more players as ever. Unfortunately the average kid is 14 years old and 117 lbs

I have heard that he is living with the assistant coach/booster. If this is true, he may never become eligible.

This is unquestionably a rebuilding year for Temple but, unlike Silverdale, Grace, David Brainerd, etc., these Temple kids know what it is like to be on top and will be again because they have the heart to persevere. Watch and see if Temple does not continue to improve over the course of the season. Silverdale and David Brainerd will both be surprised.

Do you know how many are on the team? How many are freshmen?

Temple's schedule on CoachT only shows 8 games with no game shown for this Friday 8/31 and for 10/5. Is the schedule correct?

Do you know how many are on the team? How many are freshmen?

Temple's schedule on CoachT only shows 8 games with no game shown for this Friday 8/31 and for 10/5. Is the schedule correct?

This Fridays game is up in Andrews, NC. The October 5th game is against Copper Basin. The only off night is September 14th.

I think there is somewhere around 25 on the team. I do not know how many are freshman but I think the numbers across the board are fairly well balanced: 5 or 6 freshemen, 5 or 6 sophmores, etc.

my mistake....that wasn't silverdale, but david brainerd.

This Fridays game is up in Andrews, NC. The October 5th game is against Copper Basin. The only off night is September 14th.

I think there is somewhere around 25 on the team. I do not know how many are freshman but I think the numbers across the board are fairly well balanced: 5 or 6 freshemen, 5 or 6 sophmores, etc.

Thanks.

Check on the numbers. Last year's roster had 3 Jrs (Beard, Jackson and Martin) and 1 Soph (Reaves) and 4 freshmen not counting the ones that transfered. Unless Temple has a bunch of kids playing that didn't play last year they would have to be heavy with freshmen (15 or more).