Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

One difference is thay have a contract with SP (and probably the other schools) where they have to pay $1500 if they cancel the game. SP didn't have that with DB

One of the things that made the DB incident frustrating as well was the fact that everyone in the region had to rearrange their schedules and teams had to drop a game to make room. I understand DB's argument and I can go along with what they had to say about it. But at the same time I fully understand where the coaches that got upset are coming from and I can definitely go along with their side. It was a bad situation to be in and personally I feel like DB should have taken a broader look at things a lot earlier than they did. But that is just my opinion.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, it will be awfully hard to win a game this year after losing to SAS by 20 points. I am not saying it won't happen, the team may come together and win a few but at this point it doesn't look good for them.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the topic of this thread goes, it will be awfully hard to win a game this year after losing to SAS by 20 points. I am not saying it won't happen, the team may come together and win a few but at this point it doesn't look good for them.

I understand where you are coming from but, as you well know, often times the score does not really tell the real story.

Temple's problem was inexperience and not ability. There was one big kid who was at full back for just a few plays who was definitely a hoss and one to be reckoned with. I do not know why they did not run him more than they did but I would not want to be in his way when he comes running through. When he hit the ground it was like taking down a mule. They had a couple of other pretty good sized kids who did not even dress out to play.

There were a boatload of penalties. There were so many penalties, it caused the game to drag on forever.

In addition to the penalties, the rookie quarterback committed four turnovers that was due not to SAS's prowess on the field but inexpereince. He actually fumbled the ball at least three times. All three times he was running the ball and gained good yardage but did not protect the ball and allowed it to get knocked loose, a quickly fixable problem even for a freshman QB. One of those fumbles bounced out of bounds on the other side of the field. He threw two interceptions that were off target into double and triple coverage, also not a result of SAS's prowess on the field. He definitely needs to work hard on the long range accuracy but has a ton of potential.

These kids have never played together before. Everything is brand new. They have completely new coaches, other than Kell. Things are progressing and moving along at a very good pace.

Temple's only chance to win a game is next week when the play the worst team in NC.... I was at the TT SAS game and temple is terrible...wow...awful..... I'm tellin ya- no skogens=no wins...ESPECIALLY no wins vs. grace...we will rip through temple this year in every sport....mark it down....and football will be really ugly...

One of the things that made the DB incident frustrating as well was the fact that everyone in the region had to rearrange their schedules and teams had to drop a game to make room. I understand DB's argument and I can go along with what they had to say about it. But at the same time I fully understand where the coaches that got upset are coming from and I can definitely go along with their side. It was a bad situation to be in and personally I feel like DB should have taken a broader look at things a lot earlier than they did. But that is just my opinion.

FYI, every, and I mean every, stinking person that had anything to do with the fiasco of creating and backing out of the schedule are not longer at DB. I can't fault a bunch of dreamers at the time, but it was a very very bad call to let a coach schedule 8th/9th graders for a full varsity schedule, especially against the likes of South Pittsburgh! CCS is doing it the right way (start with middle school program and build). I just hope coaches can forgive that situation several years ago, because it has nothing to do with the current state of affairs.

FYI, every, and I mean every, stinking person that had anything to do with the fiasco of creating and backing out of the schedule are not longer at DB. I can't fault a bunch of dreamers at the time, but it was a very very bad call to let a coach schedule 8th/9th graders for a full varsity schedule, especially against the likes of South Pittsburgh! CCS is doing it the right way (start with middle school program and build). I just hope coaches can forgive that situation several years ago, because it has nothing to do with the current state of affairs.

I can understand that. I wasn't really intending this post to be a negative to DB either. Just a statement of my opinion (which may have come out negatively). You are right though, CCS is doing it right as did Temple, Grace, and Silverdale. They all played a JV schedule which I thought DBCS should have and would have done. Again, that is just my opinion though. Is this game going to be played on Friday or Saturday?

I can understand that. I wasn't really intending this post to be a negative to DB either. Just a statement of my opinion (which may have come out negatively). You are right though, CCS is doing it right as did Temple, Grace, and Silverdale. They all played a JV schedule which I thought DBCS should have and would have done. Again, that is just my opinion though. Is this game going to be played on Friday or Saturday?

Not sure which game you are referring to as being played on Fri/Sat. The only games I am aware of that are played on Saturday are South Pittsburg and Whitwell, since it would be difficult to get out of school early to go to a ballgame that starts at 5pm. We do not have lights on the field, so home games start at 5. You established schools sometimes don't know how well you have it made! Fan base, lights, alumni, etc.....

Looks like Sat at noon but there still seems to be a little uncertainty at this point