Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

I have doubts over the kids perseverence but that is neither here nor there.

I will agree with you that they will improve but it isn't hard to improve or exceed expectations when most people on coachT were suprised they would have a team at all.

Temple may jump up and suprise David Brainerd and possibly one other team on the schedule, If they somehow beat Silverdale it won't be by suprise considering silverdale doesn't like temple and would love to beat them to death, it would only prove that Silverdale cannot recruit as good as Temple.

From what I can tell, Silverdale is better at not only recruiting, they are also better at hiding it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the point!!! Red Boiling Springs has had a program for DECADES!!!! They know what they are into and those young men know what to expect because they have played those teams for YEARS!!!! Temple has NOT!!! Temple players, coaches, and administrators are way over there head. Have you ever been to a Temple game? Did you see how pitiful Temple looked against St. Andrews? Temple was man handled by ST. ANDREWS!!!!!!!!! I am telling you, the young men at Temple are in danger. Plus, you named three schools that beat you on offense and finesse. Lookout Valley and South Pittsburg beats you by POUNDING the ball offensively and defensively.

I am starting to go cross eyed looking at all your exclamamtion points!!!!

You keep referring to them as young men but talk about them like they are little boys. Those little boys stood on the sidelines last year and they saw what they would be up against this year. They are not going into the season blind. They were told last year that they were going to get beat up on this year by South Pittsburg, Silverdale, etc. but they not only strapped on the pads, they bought their own to keep. You way under-estimate the heart, desire, and work ethic of this Temple team. What does it say about a young Temple team that knows they are going to get pounded but are still willing to strap on the equipment?

What game did you watch Friday? I saw a team that had a ton of potential that just needed time on the field together learning to trust each other and actually gel together as a team. That takes time. They did not look pitiful. The penalties were pitiful but those came from inexperience with kids blocking in the back, etc. If you know anything at all, then you would have seen the drastic difference between Friday's game and the previous week's scrimmage at the jamboree.

Do you know anything about South Pittsburg? South Pittsburg does not beat you by pounding the ball offensively and defensively. They beat you with unmatched speed and quickness. They beat you offensively because you cannot catch them. They beat you defensively because you cannot stop them. When South Pittsburg beats Temple it will not leave them bruised but rather out of breath. If you knew anything at all about South Pitssburg then you would know that every team they faced last year had a bigger line on both sides of the ball and they still whipped almost everyone they played.

SAS did not beat Temple, they beat themselves.

Please, take your finger off the siren button. There is no impending nuclear attack. Stop being an alarmist!

(Where is "IOWNYOU149" when you need him?).

Have you ever been to a Temple game? Did you see how pitiful Temple looked against St. Andrews? Temple was man handled by ST. ANDREWS!!!!!!!!! I am telling you, the young men at Temple are in danger. Plus, you named three schools that beat you on offense and finesse. Lookout Valley and South Pittsburg beats you by POUNDING the ball offensively and defensively.

I have only seen temple once and in fact i did watch them get manhandled that wet night in possumtown

You clearly don't know much about any of the teams you are talking about if you say that Gordonsville and Trousdale beat teams with Finesse, and South Pitt just POUNDS THE BALL!!!

Lookout Valley pounds the ball up the middle, i will give you that, and FCS runs alot of plays with speed and finesse, i will give you that too. But boy, you only got two out of five schools correct. go over to the Smith county Gordonsville thread and start flapping your gums about Gordonsville being a "finesse" team.

And i don't understand your argument, if red Boiling Springs can go up against bigger, stronger, faster opponents, play agianst them without anyone dying or getting hurt, Why can't temple? i just don't understand what kind of an argument your making.

I have only seen temple once and in fact i did watch them get manhandled that wet night in possumtown

You clearly don't know much about any of the teams you are talking about if you say that Gordonsville and Trousdale beat teams with Finesse, and South Pitt just POUNDS THE BALL!!!

Lookout Valley pounds the ball up the middle, i will give you that, and FCS runs alot of plays with speed and finesse, i will give you that too. But boy, you only got two out of five schools correct. go over to the Smith county Gordonsville thread and start flapping your gums about Gordonsville being a "finesse" team.

And i don't understand your argument, if red Boiling Springs can go up against bigger, stronger, faster opponents, play agianst them without anyone dying or getting hurt, Why can't temple? i just don't understand what kind of an argument your making.

ONE MORE:

You sound like you might be the QB's dad? Do you have four kids or are you the dad of #4?

Were you at the game? It was not a bad game at all. The penalties killed us. The turnovers from fumbles and interceptions hurt. But, in my opinion, the team actually played a good game, especially considering how poorly they played at the jamboree just a week earlier. Erase the penalties and turnovers and it would have been Temple on top 22-2. Do you agree?

The quarterback of any team better have really thick skin or else he is headed for a very short career behind the center of a high school football team.

Just so you know, I thought the quarterback did a good job. I was only pointing out the problems his inexperience created and that it was overall inexperience on the team's part that gave them a loss instead of a win. An experienced team with the talent, size, and heart Temple has would have pounded SAS.

Nope, not the QB's dad. I was at the game and agree that turnovers and penalties did us in. Although my outlook isn't as good as yours on this team, I was excited to see the guys suited up and playing the game. After weeks of TSSAA talk it was good to forget about that for a few hours.

I seem to be the only poster who thinks talking about a kid's bad game on here is not good, so I'll let it rest.

uh not really we just have everyone back- and you have nobody back - you lost skogen (almost the whole team right there) and the pg- as well as your big men- yo have two little guards back and no one else...plus a new coach and that never goes well in the first year....so yea we will beat you in every game every sport (guys that is)...no actually girls too!! HAHA clean sweep!!!

Sounds like the pressure is on Grace. Good luck with that!

Nope, not the QB's dad. I was at the game and agree that turnovers and penalties did us in. Although my outlook isn't as good as yours on this team, I was excited to see the guys suited up and playing the game. After weeks of TSSAA talk it was good to forget about that for a few hours.

I seem to be the only poster who thinks talking about a kid's bad game on here is not good, so I'll let it rest.

dadof#4 Are you not helping coach the team again this year???

Bashing a kid would be bad. IMO just talking honestly about his shortcomings (as a freshman) is not