central? can we bounce back? josh moss?

charger023

Wow!! How can you say that Coach Derrick has no discipline. Did he not set this player out, and make him watch from the sidelines. Did you know that last season he put his best player off the team last year because of discipline problems.

It is tough to control the actions of kids at that age and they are going to make mistakes. You can only deal with the problem when it comes about. Can you tell me that you don't lose your cool from time to time? Come on can you tell me of one coach that does not have to deal with at least one problem like this per year? Is there something I am missing?

Ok What about last year when Polk County's student section, tried crowding YOUR field last year after YOUR loss, and the whole Central team INCLUDING COACH DERRICK and other staff members came after them. WHAT CLASS! Now that is what is called NO DISCIPLINE! Come this year, when Central and Polk plays, and "IF" Polk wins, then what is Central's players and coaches gonna do when Polk's students crowd the field and it's at Polk???????????????????????????????????????????

All i have to say is 'POOOOOOLLLLLKKKKKK COOOUUUUNNNNTTTTYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I am a Polk fan, Tellico fan, and a Meigs County fan, along with MC. There is no room for this any where. I think what happened was that the young man from PC tried to plant the flag into the MC field. I am not sure why the coaches came that way, maybe it was because the kids from MC just suffered a big loss from a hard fought game by both teams, and they were trying to prevent a mess?

I love small town schools like PC, Tellico, and Meigs.

Moss? HA! Did Derrick have a choice? You blatantly push a referee in front of 5000+ fans and seven other teams, people tend to notice and so does TSSAA. It was not a mistake, it was just stupid. (try that at Polk, they would sooner slap their mamaw than look cross-wise at a ref during a game - that player would be off the team if he made it that far, Period.) I was there for every game, almost every practice at Central last year - the pets get no discipline, the guys out there actually putting effort out there get slammed for the pets' lack of motivation. You can talk to Derrick about anything you want and he'll agree with you - it's GIGO (garbage in- garbage out). I spoke to him about backing up what he threatens to do to the players, nothing same old, same old. Hard to have discipline when the team doesn't know what is going to happen from day to day. Coach Derrick's problems are self-inflicted.Just yesterday Coach Derrick went out to Englewood to talk to the wheatcutter kiddie teams and managed to upset the coaches and parents out there. Wondering why they didn't show up to Central's Opening Game extravaganza (Derrick's helicopter gameball delivery didn't work out for some reason) and blaming the wheatcutter coaches for 'miscommunication'. He slammed his own players for the loss during his tirade in Englewood yesterday - it was bad enough that my gf swears she move out of the county before her kids go to Central.So I'd say you're missing a lot of somethings. (Not to mention I don't push cops around when I lose my cool - go figure). btw: that "best player" was out due to a medical problem last year.NOTE TO MODS - I was nice, please don't make this one disappear.

josh moss pushed a ref...i didn't know that happened... are you sure about that???did you see it happen???or is that something you heard???

Hey, I am a Polk fan, Tellico fan, and a Meigs County fan, along with MC. There is no room for this any where. I think what happened was that the young man from PC tried to plant the flag into the MC field. I am not sure why the coaches came that way, maybe it was because the kids from MC just suffered a big loss from a hard fought game by both teams, and they were trying to prevent a mess?I love small town schools like PC, Tellico, and Meigs.

why would polk try to run onto their field anyway... it sounds to me that polk has little class

josh moss pushed a ref...i didn't know that happened... are you sure about that???did you see it happen???or is that something you heard???why would polk try to run onto their field anyway... it sounds to me that polk has little class

Yup, I was there amongst the Central parents rooting 'em on before Polk's turn in Loudon for the jamboree - watched the his helmet go sailing not once but twice (second time almost tagging Derrick), watched Coach Derrick put an arm around him and pat his head. Weather was pretty nice that day, sat next to a chiropractor with my other two sons.

Ok What about last year when Polk County's student section, tried crowding YOUR field last year after YOUR loss, and the whole Central team INCLUDING COACH DERRICK and other staff members came after them. WHAT CLASS! Now that is what is called NO DISCIPLINE! Come this year, when Central and Polk plays, and "IF" Polk wins, then what is Central's players and coaches gonna do when Polk's students crowd the field and it's at Polk???????????????????????????????????????????

Ok, being at Central last year - I thought it was insulting that Polk had a tailgate party in Central's parking lot, moreso than when crowding Central's field. I realize that it was Coach Davis' 50th win overall but it was not Polk's home field so that really shouldn't have happened - we vowed payback for this year in fact. Since my son is at Polk County now I have divided feelings over The Game on October 26th since I still support the unrecognized hard working players at Central, I STILL don't support actions that simply rub salt in the wound - no matter who it is.

However I must state for the record on October 26th, I'm supporting the Polk County Wildcats. Family first you know.

josh moss pushed a ref...i didn't know that happened... are you sure about that???did you see it happen???or is that something you heard???why would polk try to run onto their field anyway... it sounds to me that polk has little class

Moss pushed a Sweetwater player, NOT a ref, the ref did not say anything to Coach Derrick about any contact to a ref. He has been desciplined pretty hard and still has to walk the straight and narrow for two more weeks and then will not start, he has to work his way back into playing time. He is 15 years old and needs descipline to make something of himself going into adulthood. If he is just kicked off (which would be the easy thing to do) this kid would be a lost cause. Are the coaches in the kid business, or is it just about wins?

Moss pushed a Sweetwater player, NOT a ref, the ref did not say anything to Coach Derrick about any contact to a ref. He has been desciplined pretty hard and still has to walk the straight and narrow for two more weeks and then will not start, he has to work his way back into playing time. He is 15 years old and needs descipline to make something of himself going into adulthood. If he is just kicked off (which would be the easy thing to do) this kid would be a lost cause. Are the coaches in the kid business, or is it just about wins?

I agree, everyone at sometime has lost their cool and done something they wish they had not of done. I would say that the person bashing coach Derrick has had their fair share of mistakes.

Yup, I was there amongst the Central parents rooting 'em on before Polk's turn in Loudon for the jamboree - watched the his helmet go sailing not once but twice (second time almost tagging Derrick), watched Coach Derrick put an arm around him and pat his head. Weather was pretty nice that day, sat next to a chiropractor with my other two sons.

Ok, being at Central last year - I thought it was insulting that Polk had a tailgate party in Central's parking lot, moreso than when crowding Central's field. I realize that it was Coach Davis' 50th win overall but it was not Polk's home field so that really shouldn't have happened - we vowed payback for this year in fact. Since my son is at Polk County now I have divided feelings over The Game on October 26th since I still support the unrecognized hard working players at Central, I STILL don't support actions that simply rub salt in the wound - no matter who it is.

However I must state for the record on October 26th, I'm supporting the Polk County Wildcats. Family first you know.

Come on us showing up like that for an away game. I think that is what PRIDE is all about don't you think so! Well when we play Central this year our tailgate party will be even better. And our student section will be bigger and louder this year!!!

I agree, everyone at sometime has lost their cool and done something they wish they had not of done. I would say that the person bashing coach Derrick has had their fair share of mistakes.

2 everyone dissing coach derrick, just think this is just his second season how much discipline can you have when you take over a losing team with limited talent and try to lift the football program and the community from getting slayed every game in just two years, be 4 real we out played polk and had the meigs game close in the 4th quarter we only lost three kids give it time you'll know about it soon enough and coach derrick may be young but give him time he'll control this team and take them 2 the playoffs... remember now this is just his second season so when he starts spanking everyone in the region dont go off and try 2 start a fan club in his honor, keep your same views about central and coach derrick dont switch on us like your mike jackson but just remember i told you so... when we go 2 meigs and whip them close your mouths and when we whip polk so bad they close the school shut your mouths and the nerve of anybody from englewood or etowah 2 diss coach D remember who made people excited about central football again!

All i have to say is 'POOOOOOLLLLLKKKKKK COOOUUUUNNNNTTTTYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

I think you got the wrong people on trial here buddy. The people showing no class in this situation is the polk student section...and I think COACH DERRICK did what he should have done then. yeah central lost to polk that night but that is still central's field and you protect it. There has been a lot more success over the years on that field than there has been at polks field! (that includes the old one!)

2 everyone dissing coach derrick, just think this is just his second season how much discipline can you have when you take over a losing team with limited talent and try to lift the football program and the community from getting slayed every game in just two years, be 4 real we out played polk and had the meigs game close in the 4th quarter we only lost three kids give it time you'll know about it soon enough and coach derrick may be young but give him time he'll control this team and take them 2 the playoffs... remember now this is just his second season so when he starts spanking everyone in the region dont go off and try 2 start a fan club in his honor, keep your same views about central and coach derrick dont switch on us like your mike jackson but just remember i told you so... when we go 2 meigs and whip them close your mouths and when we whip polk so bad they close the school shut your mouths and the nerve of anybody from englewood or etowah 2 diss coach D remember who made people excited about central football again!

I don't know if I'm ready to say they will beat polk so bad they will shut the school down, but I agree with pretty much everything here. I guess since central has had a losing reputation the last few years it is impossible for a good coach to come in and revive the program! No doubt about it...coach derrick has this program in the right direction....... numbers are up.....more competetive( 8 out of 10 games last year was within a TD in the 4th quarter ...will win some of those this year)...practice field...sand pit....new weightrooms..new uniforms...everything. And about the disipline thing...wonder if those people screaming no disipline have a kid that is standing on the sideline? Coach Derrick knows what he is doing people...just let him do his job and give him time...go chargers!!

all great questions, but where is the answers... who will step up and lead this team? coach derrick will put us in position 2 win region.. can we take it? can we be perfect from here on out? can we go to polk and meigs and win? can we win without josh moss? jordan jackson cant carry the offense on his back, so who will step up?

yes you can win without josh moss...it would just help if you had him...the offensive line needs to step up and protect the skill players that every team in the region would love to have...don't need to waist all that talent back there!!