central? can we bounce back? josh moss?

charger023

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about, YOU worry about Central, and let Polk worry about Polk. Face it, right now Meigs and Polk both own McMInn Central, Polk has beaten Central 8 straight times. and Polk has beaten Meigs 7 of the last 8 times, so until Central beats Polk or Meigs at least consecutive times. face it... WE BOTH OWN YOU!!!!

Polk, meigs, or anybody else doesn't OWN McMinn Central....and if you want to talk about history, then what is polk's all time win-loss against central? I don't know I was just wondering. And by the way...another thing about history....how many times has your polk wildcats been to a state championship game?(Central '93) all programs have their ups and downs and Central is about to turn the corner man, I'm tellin you! You just need to worry about your wildcats and try to win a region title...every year there is all the talk in the world about how good polk is, but you don't have a trophy to show for it..you have enough stuff to worry about on you own on the other side of the Hiwassee. GO CHARGERS!!!!!

First of all i dont know what baseball or basketball has anything to do with it..... right now its football season.....an why is this all focused on the polk an central game...... cause after this friday when central plays oliver spring (goodluck to central)...... central will be comin to the Meigs County stadium "the grave yard"....... i think central needs to be more focused on games they got comin up rather than games later on in the season

First of all i dont know what baseball or basketball has anything to do with it..... right now its football season.....an why is this all focused on the polk an central game...... cause after this friday when central plays oliver spring (goodluck to central)...... central will be comin to the Meigs County stadium "the grave yard"....... i think central needs to be more focused on games they got comin up rather than games later on in the season

You are right...that was weird hearing "good luck" to central from a meigs co guy! I think the team is focused on beating OS on the road and getting back on track before they go to meigs. I don't think they are worried about later games in the season....we are just talking trash about it......Cetral needs to dominate OS to help get the morale up for meigs....confidence always makes or brakes the chargers...and that is the result of being so young, but still no excuse...GO CHARGERS

Well Meigs County hasn't lost to Central in I think 9 years!! That's a long time. Kindda hard to believe it's still a rivalry. And Meigs played an average game last year against Central, certainly not their best, and still won by 3 touchdowns! And as far as history goes Meigs County has been to the state championship more than anybody else in our region! (1980 1-A and 1995 2-A) Semi-Finals (1980-1981-1993-1995) Also more than anyone else in the region! And Meigs County has more Region Titles than Polk or Central while they were in 2-A classification as well as in 3-A. Just though I'd give a history lesson to those who say Meigs hasn't dominated in the past! Granted they struggled agaianst Polk up until last year but I think they have over come that hill!!

Polk, meigs, or anybody else doesn't OWN McMinn Central....and if you want to talk about history, then what is polk's all time win-loss against central? I don't know I was just wondering. And by the way...another thing about history....how many times has your polk wildcats been to a state championship game?(Central '93) all programs have their ups and downs and Central is about to turn the corner man, I'm tellin you! You just need to worry about your wildcats and try to win a region title...every year there is all the talk in the world about how good polk is, but you don't have a trophy to show for it..you have enough stuff to worry about on you own on the other side of the Hiwassee. GO CHARGERS!!!!!

[/quote

And by the way. How many STATE TITLES does McMinn Central High School have? 0; How many STATE TITLES does Polk County High School have? 1 The facts are proven. Shut up!

Meigs County has more State Championships than Central or Polk as well as more state title game appearances in any sport! Polk can lay claim I'm pretty sure to just one Lady Wildcat State Championship in basketball and McMinn Central has 0, except for maybe in track or wrestling I'm not sure about those sports!!

I spoke to Coach Derrick Davis today about an unrelated subject and some of the issues he heard about on CoachT came up. Coach Davis regrets any rushing of McMinn Central's field and had he seen it, he would have stopped it. He has the utmost respect for Coach Brandon Derrick and his Charger football program, wishes them luck on their season. Coach Davis is also aware that there are at least three students, not associated with the Polk County football program in any way, causing trouble when it should just be about playing the games first.

I know I said I was finished with this thread, but I did have to clear the air about some things to the casual football lurker.

I spoke to Coach Derrick Davis today about an unrelated subject and some of the issues he heard about on CoachT came up. Coach Davis regrets any rushing of McMinn Central's field and had he seen it, he would have stopped it. He has the utmost respect for Coach Brandon Derrick and his Charger football program, wishes them luck on their season. Coach Davis is also aware that there are at least three students, not associated with the Polk County football program in any way, causing trouble when it should just be about playing the games first.

I know I said I was finished with this thread, but I did have to clear the air about some things to the casual football lurker.

Well, i'm probably one of the one's he is talking about and everyone knows who I am and Coach D. and myself are cool, and I've not said anything bad, and I dont plan to just because everything is settled in. But i am going to calm down a bit on here right now just to keep everything cool..