Sparta @ Cookeville

Mr. Heisman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't talking a about way back when you played squad, we are talking about the last twenty years. This year could be one of the lopsided wins in this series. Is it me or are the teams getting further and further apart being equal?

Heisman it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out.Cookeville is growing big time in numbers ,athletes and students thus a big time gap has evolved between the programs.Cookeville will win by 5 to 6 touchdowns and there is nothing sparta can do about it.Lets hope its a clean injury free game.Why is wc sucessful in mens basketball?You can rely on 2 or 3 solid players and a couple role players.In football you need 18 -22 solid players and thats basically it we have like 40 varsity players and you figure one out of 5 has a hint of talent so there ya have it.

HA HA!

Nice shot there Heisman! It's actually been 20 years this year!

WAAAAY back!

I will agree that the gap seems to be widening a bit.Not so much,though,that Sparta CAN'T win again.And not so much that the series ought to be ended,in my opinion...

And you're right warrior you've got to have continuity.I honestly thought you were gonna get that with coach Brown but it didn't work out that way...

THE SQUAD

I by no means like brown he did decent though and when you have parents and assistant coaches slash athletic directors dogging every move why wouldnt you leave!!!!!

I by no means like brown he did decent though and when you have parents and assistant coaches slash athletic directors dogging every move why wouldnt you leave!!!!!

Exactly.If that's what was going on then I don't blame him a bit.

That's something I really hate.

The "coaches in the stands" helped run off a good coach at Cookeville after the 1987 season.A season in which the Cavs had gone 7-4 including a Nurseryman's bowl win over Chattanooga Howard.The coach was also the father of one of the Cavs best players.

Brought in a coach that will remain nameless(he's still destroying programs to this day),and with about 18 returning starters the Cavs went 3-7 the next year.Should've been their best season IN YEARS,and I'm certain would've been without the coaching change.All because the parents thought they could "do better".

Sometimes you've got to be careful what you wish for...

Go Cavs!

THE SQUAD