Henry Co. and Dickson Co.

realredpride

Henry Co. unquestionably played a weak opponent Sat. night; however, I thought they looked really good with the players handling their assignments well. We were sharp. We all know Dickson Co. will be a different kind of game. Contrary to what someone said on another thread, they are good this year. They have eight returning starters on defense. They are always a defensive powerhouse. Last year, only three or four teams scored more than seven points on them. I hope it is a great game. They big red will be ready, but so will they.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All righty then!!! Let's get this party started! Dickson County Cougars coming to town to clash with the Patriots. Sounds like fun to me! Like RedPride said, DC will be good and bring a stout defense along with a good ole traditional power offense. The Patriots will be ready this week, I have no doubts about it. DC week is always tough and emotions run high in this modern day rivalry. Let the "Battle for the Barrel" begin!!! Go Big Red!!!

Henry Co. unquestionably played a weak opponent Sat. night; however, I thought they looked really good with the players handling their assignments well. We were sharp. We all know Dickson Co. will be a different kind of game. Contrary to what someone said on another thread, they are good this year. They have eight returning starters on defense. They are always a defensive powerhouse. Last year, only three or four teams scored more than seven points on them. I hope it is a great game. They big red will be ready, but so will they.

Indeed, I have heard that they are better than last year, and they were pretty good last year.

Well, we certainly got started on the right foot, NW, well they just have a long way to go and I wish them luck rest of the season. It is going to be a big week and I am looking forward to the battle on Friday night. Yanker come on to Paris where you will see two good teams on the field at the same time.

I am sorry things are so gloomy for you right now, but you have been blinded by your loyalties and well that just happens, I have seen it coming for some time, as it must have been during your last winning season that the phrase was stamped "the demise has began" and well those close to the demise well it just was not as obvious, but it should be clearing up for you by seasons end. I have heard how unorganized and scrambled that your team appeared on Friday.

Dickson County fans, what is your take on the kind of team you will be bringing to Paris this year?

I was unable to make the trip when it was changed to Saturday. I hate that, but it couldn't be helped. It sounds the Patriots played real well. I will be interested to read about it in the paper. How did the offensive line and the QB look? How was the kicking game? I am looking forward to Friday night. It sounds like we adhered to the "mercy rule", but our "friends" in Munford apparently did not. I coached for a long time, and I can tell you that the score that they won by, is usually avoidable.

I was unable to make the trip when it was changed to Saturday. I hate that, but it couldn't be helped. It sounds the Patriots played real well. I will be interested to read about it in the paper. How did the offensive line and the QB look? How was the kicking game? I am looking forward to Friday night. It sounds like we adhered to the "mercy rule", but our "friends" in Munford apparently did not. I coached for a long time, and I can tell you that the score that they won by, is usually avoidable.

Ditto. I am not sure what they were trying to prove. We could have won by eighty points but class is class! O-line and kicking game were right on. We were seven for seven on extra points and looked good on punts and kick offs, even though there weren't many punts.

Agree on the Munford issue, don't understand that very well. But as for the Big Red, the kicking game did a complete turnaround and improved greatly since the FR scrim. I was really impressed. And yes, only 1 punt all night so I guess it was pretty good. Punt return looked pretty good except for one mistake by the return man. But otherwise he did really well. Our offensive line looked much better. #34 did well when the holes were developed, scored 4 times and rushed for something like 120yds in the first half alone. We will need the whole package this Friday though. I don't believe Murphy Fair for a second in that DC is down. They will be ready for some football and we will have to play to our full potential to come away with a win. They have a slight advantage in having gotten to see us play, while we on the otherhand have to look at last years film...

It sounds like the patriots got an easy win this weekend. I just wonder how that pointless game will help them before they play a POWERHOUSE like DICKSON CO. Although DICKSON doesnt have the same size team as last year, they have a lot more speed on both sides of the ball. DICKSON should bring a good crowd with them as normal. So what scores do yall have predicted for this game.

I say 21 to 7

COUGAR PRIDE KEEPS THE BARREL HOME FOR ANOTHER YEAR

It sounds like the patriots got an easy win this weekend. I just wonder how that pointless game will help them before they play a POWERHOUSE like DICKSON CO. Although DICKSON doesnt have the same size team as last year, they have a lot more speed on both sides of the ball. DICKSON should bring a good crowd with them as normal. So what scores do yall have predicted for this game.

I say 21 to 7

No games are pointless. As a fan, you may want Henry County to play a real good team every chance they get. As a guy who coached for a long time before I retired, I can tell you that is not good. It is good to have your tougher games surrounded with games that are not nearly as tough. It is a tough and long haul to play a ten game schedule and then play a few more weeks in the playoffs. As a former coach, the game against Northwest made much more sense than the game last year versus powerhouse Ridgeway. Just the opinion of an old, retired coach. No one else has to agree.

I say 21 to 7

Howdy Goalie! Always glad to see an opposing view on these threads. So often it is just us talking amongst ourselves. DC has traditionally been a powerhouse, we are no stranger to that. And the Big Red will be ready for you. HC is bigger than normal this year, and contrary to popular belief - quicker. I look for a game that is matched pretty evenly. Can't give a true prediction, but I will take the Patriots by 10 in a lower scoring affair. And you know where the barrel will be!!! On this side of the River!!! PATRIOT PRIDE returns the barrel home where it belongs!!!

It's clear we're not friends. So I'll make this short Mercy rule was applied, everyone played on our team even kids who aren't good enough to practice against our first team and still couldn't help but score maybe you would tell freshmen that are out on friday night in front of mom and dad don't try but I'm not. Fact Northside is very poor, fundementally unsound, and poorly coached with the longest losing streak in the state now that kirby has won a game. So keep your "I been a coach since leather helmets" judgements to yourself unless you actually know what your talking about.

It's clear we're not friends. So I'll make this short Mercy rule was applied, everyone played on our team even kids who aren't good enough to practice against our first team and still couldn't help but score maybe you would tell freshmen that are out on friday night in front of mom and dad don't try but I'm not. Fact Northside is very poor, fundementally unsound, and poorly coached with the longest losing streak in the state now that kirby has won a game. So keep your "I been a coach since leather helmets" judgements to yourself unless you actually know what your talking about.

You are always "touchy", when I say ANYTHING! I said "usually" avoidable, not "always" avoidable. I didn't judge anything. I simply stated my opinion and I will say it again, I believe that is usually avoidable to beat someone by 74 points. I believed it thirty years ago. I believed that twenty years ago. I believed that ten years ago. I believed that Friday night. I believe it this Friday night. Most people would believe it to be true, other than yourself and "wtnoff", who I am sure will rush to your defense. Munford must be the best team in the state, if you can score 74 points, while trying to hold down the score. To the contrary, you are the best friend that I have in Munford.