Best High School Stadium in the state

Pantheralum

Smith County's atmosphere is evident as soon as you roll into town. Signs everywhere; the town is definitely behind their kids! The train whistle, the full stands; that has to be the best atmosphere in 2A football!

Somebody mentioned Gatlinburg-Pitman... I'm sure the scenery is pretty, but Alcoa fans wouldn't know about that since they won't play us.

Tornadogold, Thanks for the compliment.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Baxter Stadium in Jasper is really a great place for a game.

It's actually named for Bill Baxter, not his brother Dave. Both Baxters are super guys though. Bill was principal at Marion County High for yrs. Dave is currently an assistant at South Pittsburg. The stadium is great. Fans lined up along the fence with the stands full. Gorgeous field. Looks almost like the fairway of a golf course. The wind blows off the mountain. Plus the whistle that hopefully blows and blows adn blows. Great fieldhouse for the home and visitors. Still nice to go back with my family to watch my buddy Snowbird as the head coach now.

Can I bring up a 4A stadium, Tennessee High in Bristol has the Greatest Stadium in the state. I think there are some pictures are the Tennessee High website. If you have never seen it, you should check it out. The Stone Castle is awesome. They also have a great playing surface, well taken care of.

Check it out at http://www.btcs.org/ths/football/Castle.htm