Best High School Stadium in the state

Pantheralum

I have been to a few of stadiums....Huntingdon,during a big game.....Milan's is historic.....But for sheer small town atmosphere,I will have to give the nod to Jo Bryns....That one old Devil dressed up in the football uniform and that midget Devil running around....That huge net to keep the football from going into the farmer's field,the trucks racking their tailpipes,the fires in the 50 gallon drums right behind the fence,the dang Bell Witch,the visitor bleachers that feel like they are about to break,the visiting radio guys doing the game broadcast from the top of a dugout....LOL...It's great!!!

Thanks man! I might come off as biased, but I have to agree. Man it was cold that night!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Hampton's and it is not even near the top. It is a great atmosphere though.

Baylor and McCallie's are something that reminds you of a small college setting years ago, but with new facilities.

You haven't lived until you have been to temple's home field!!! Talk about home field advantage!!! hahahahahaha

The Hole in Smith County. Is as good as it gets on a friday night. People in stands filled with black and gold. The people that are standing around the fence and field area. Then you can hear the band coming from a mile away coming down the hill into the HOLE. For visiting teams that make the journey up and down the hill and at halftime and before the games. The train horns and the cow bells and milk jugs are always nice too.

M.B.A. has a first class facility up and down, Not just the field, ( new style astro turf) the campus is steeped in tradition and history of yestyear they have had football since 1897!. I had the privliage of attending the MBA vs JPII game in 2006 and the stadium was packed with fans, not to mention a few Titans were taking the game in as well. If you ever get a chance you should head down to Harding Road to "The Hill" it is great plac to be on Friday Night in the Fall

Guest Termite

The Hole in Smith County. Is as good as it gets on a friday night. People in stands filled with black and gold. The people that are standing around the fence and field area. Then you can hear the band coming from a mile away coming down the hill into the HOLE. For visiting teams that make the journey up and down the hill and at halftime and before the games. The train horns and the cow bells and milk jugs are always nice too.

I have to agree..........DOWN in the HOLE. The visitors walk down the hill to warm up, up the hill before the game, down the hill to the game, back up the hill at the half ....... the horn blowing,,,standing room only around the fence,.. 2-3 deep. Same on top of the hill 2-3 deep. Stands full...Hooterville full....the fireworks....the jugs...

I've talked to people from across the state that can not believe it when they see this same 2A school............

The play at Finley Field in Chatanooga, it's the same field that McCallie plays on i think. Temple is probably the only 1A team in the state to play on an Artificial Turf like MTSU

Yeah and the rig it so that the visiting teams can't sit behind their teams. Puts a new meaning to home cooking.