Greater Middle Tennessee Area Match Scores

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson Central varsity hosted Beech tonight and swept them in 3 -- 25-13, 25-20, 25-13

The match of the night was between the JV teams. It wasn't very good volleyball but what fun! Wilson Central was up 6 pts (20-14) but lost the first game (23-25). Beech was up early but lost the 2nd game (22-25)...the story of the night was game #3...final score 29-27 Wilson Central.

We're off this weekend but back on tap next week (Monday v. Hendersonville, Tues v. Mt Juliet, Thursday v. Gallatin and hosting the Fall Fling Friday and Saturday).

Unfortunately, Wilson Central lost to Mt Juliet last night but it was definitely a match for the ages...every time these two teams play each other it's a toss up as to who will walk away the winner and this year it was no different. I don't think I've been to a WC/MJ match that HASN'T lasted 5 games in recent memory.

Last night's match was no exception. There was a great crowd with lots of WC students, friends and faculty traveling the short distance to MJHS for the 6pm varsity match. There were cheers on both sides of the gym and the girls from both teams left everything on the floor. The match was over 2 hours long.

Final:

MJ 26-24

WC 25-17

WC 27-25

MJ 25-21

MJ 15-11

Next stop, WC travels to Gallatin Thursday night for another district match.

Smyrna defeated Gallatin in 9AAA action 23-25, 25-11, 25-13, 25-8. Smyrna was apparently still thinking about the Lavergne win on Monday and Gallatin stuck it to them the first game. This district continues to be crazy...3 way tie for first with Smyrna, WC, and Mt, Juliet all at 7-2. Lavergne just 1 game back. Not sure how they did with Hendersonville tonight. Should be an interesting last few weeks in 9AAA. Smyrna at Mt. Juliet will be huge match on thursday as far as sorting out the district a bit.

Wilson Central visited Hendersonville last night and won in 3 (25-22, 25-17, 25-12). WC JV also won 2-0.

by03, I heard you beat MJ last night, true? If so, congrats.

WC has been screwed over by the construction at the school. Our gym floor warped due to water from new gym construction and we were PROMISED that the new gym would be complete by October 1. Well, you can guess the rest of this story...they started tearing up the main gym floor this week and of course, the new gym IS NOT READY and all our games for the rest of season have to be played somewhere else. Our seniors will celebrate Senior Night on the middle school floor. In addition, we were hosting Districts and now that will not be the case either.

Our matches are now Monday @ Lebanon, Tues v. MJ at West Wilson MS, Thur (Sr.Night) v. Gallatin at West Wilson MS. District 9AAA tournament has been moved to Smyrna.

If this were the BASKETBALL team, we wouldn't be having this conversation.