Union City Golden Tornadoes

WestTnFootball

After watching union city play tonight, i think mckenzie, bruceton, and lake county are in for an awaking. It was a great game until halftime, when martin's size wore uc down. Not many single a team's line will be the size of martins. Union City is a scrappy bunch, watch for them to turn some heads.

p.s. sorry for even trying to say anything about the "gods" from mckenzie, they're the best!

WestTnFootball and UCdiditagain:

You guys must have been to a different Westview-UC game than the one I attended. 49-7 with the mercy rule enforced with 10 minutes left in the game and your not just a little impressed? You guys are not really serious about that scrappy bunch turning some heads are you? I know Westview has "Thousands" of students more than UC but Huntingdon and Peabody don't have many more students than UC and they seem to be able to compete.

One problem is that you dropped down to one of the weakest Class A regions (if not the weakest) in the state and boys it has taken every bit of 2 years to play down to your competion. So much for your domination in Class A. You guys are hoping to be number 4 in the region just to make the play-offs. It used to be fun to play UC because when we would occasionally find a way to win it really meant something. You turned my head tonight because the Tornados are fast approaching homecoming material. I hate it. You guys should be better than that.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alsoafan, Region 7-A is far from the weakest class A region in the state. It is one of the strongest in Class A. Region 7-A teams have 3 state championships and 8 state runner-ups. You should not be so hard on UC. I can remember a time in the late 70's until the mid 80's that Westview was alot of peoples homecoming.

I almost was late getting on the board due to the amount of dust on my computer.

Not wanting to start any trashing here yet, but to the likes of Union City, we do have at least 3 SILVER FOOTBALLS in our case at the school and I believe the Rebels of Mckenzie...?????? . Well enough said, Union City will have a tough nite against Westview but if we can have a injury free game ( on both sides ) and Union City can keep the score from getting tooooo much out of hand this will or should be a moral victory for the Tornados.

Now, as for Lake County, no we do not have any GOLD Balls around and will see you folks next week at the SMOKE DOME ( Ha! ). Maybe the wind will be blowing off of Reelfoot Lake or the Big River and the only smoke around that night will be from the Tornados players feet running in 6 after 6 after 6 after 6....

Good luck to all and tonight will tell alot on Union City and how they can so called match up against one of West Tennessee's Power House teams

UC..No smoke and no mosquitoes this year!..Butchie and several others don't believe this but I'll let you watch for this ahead of time and report next week!

Good Morning from Cincinnati,Ohio........I know some of you might have thought I was hiding,but no such luck for you.......First off,to alsoafan.....Union City will never be a homecoming opponent for anybody in 1A.....2A and 3A maybe,but they will never be one to a 1A team...Some of your other comments were pretty much on target though....Now for my thoughts on the game from last Friday nite.......Other than the loss,the most glaring problem I noticed was the delay of game penalties...I don't know who's fault they were and don't care,if we continue to committ those STUPID DRIVE KILLING PENALTIES we will be in for a long season....Now,for people who were not there,Union City was one tackle from being 14-14 at half with a heavy favorite on their home field.....Martin is good but they better get much better or they will playing on the road for the first round of the playoffs.....In the second half,Westview did what they should have done from the start,they relied on their big line and they just wore down the Tornadoes...I saw some bright spots,but they were nullified by the penalties....I really don't remember a Union City team with that many.....It wasn't a bad ref crew or anything like that,the penalties were more game management problems on UC's part....We must get MUCH better with that......Now,I never like o lose,but after hearing that Michigan lost to Appy State yesterday,I think I will get through this loss,matter of fact,It's over and done with and we won't see a better team,sorry McKenzie,but that includes you......It's now on to lovely Reelfoot Lake,Boyettes and the Lake County Falcons.....

Good Morning from Cincinnati,Ohio........I know some of you might have thought I was hiding,but no such luck for you.......First off,to alsoafan.....Union City will never be a homecoming opponent for anybody in 1A.....2A and 3A maybe,but they will never be one to a 1A team...Some of your other comments were pretty much on target though....Now for my thoughts on the game from last Friday nite.......Other than the loss,the most glaring problem I noticed was the delay of game penalties...I don't know who's fault they were and don't care,if we continue to committ those STUPID DRIVE KILLING PENALTIES we will be in for a long season....Now,for people who were not there,Union City was one tackle from being 14-14 at half with a heavy favorite on their home field.....Martin is good but they better get much better or they will playing on the road for the first round of the playoffs.....In the second half,Westview did what they should have done from the start,they relied on their big line and they just wore down the Tornadoes...I saw some bright spots,but they were nullified by the penalties....I really don't remember a Union City team with that many.....It wasn't a bad ref crew or anything like that,the penalties were more game management problems on UC's part....We must get MUCH better with that......Now,I never like o lose,but after hearing that Michigan lost to Appy State yesterday,I think I will get through this loss,matter of fact,It's over and done with and we won't see a better team,sorry McKenzie,but that includes you......It's now on to lovely Reelfoot Lake,Boyettes and the Lake County Falcons.....

I agree on your comments as well. There is no question that Westview is a decent team but will have to take it up to the next level to do well come the end of the year. Westview is always a team that peaks at a good time. As for Union City, they will be ok come their region but Mckenzie and Bructon will be the teams to beat. If we can go down to Lake County and let our defense play like it did in the first half then we should be ok.

I TOTALLY AGREE on the delay of Penalties calls. I really do not understand why every year, year end and year out we deal with this early. We are no college or pro team and I think sometime the coaches over look that. These are 15, 16 and 17 year old kids. Send in a play by a player each time and let it be.

Union City should be a 8 - 2 or 7 - 3 team this year.