Just for DB and South fans

DBDAD

I keep hearing "better condition" and DB not in condition, varsity included. Did the 6:30 am summer workouts not work for DB or is it the type of workout the coaches have the players doing? Is it a good program and the DB players just did not put forth the effort? Several years ago the players had more leg cramps during the games, but that was attributed to a supplement without enough water intake. With a new multi-million $ field house there is NO excuse for DB not to be in the best condition. Bobby will deliver the mail, neat kid.

The coaches worked the kids pretty good, I think a lot of kids could use some extra running however. That's something a kid should have the pride to do on his on. My boy ran nearly every day during the summer and lifted on his own, plus DB's workouts.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-B's varsity has had very few cramps thus far this season; much less than their first two opponents.

D-B has also had two kids (I am aware of) transfer to North to obtain desired playing time.

I coached Bobby a couple of years and know him to be a real good kid and a hard worker...was at one time a pretty good straight on kicker.

Roll Tribe Roll

The coaches worked the kids pretty good, I think a lot of kids could use some extra running however. That's something a kid should have the pride to do on his on. My boy ran nearly every day during the summer and lifted on his own, plus DB's workouts.

Too late for that extra running now. Their style of practicing plus only 2-3 times a week is not going to get the body in shape. If a player were able to still work out this summer after a DB workout, then the coaches must not be working the players hard enough at the school. Muscles need 36-48 hours recovery after a good work out. It sounds like the field house was more for show than use.

Too late for that extra running now. Their style of practicing plus only 2-3 times a week is not going to get the body in shape. If a player were able to still work out this summer after a DB workout, then the coaches must not be working the players hard enough at the school. Muscles need 36-48 hours recovery after a good work out. It sounds like the field house was more for show than use.

Do you actually know anything.

I wouldn't believe that running on the weekend, or a little extra during the week would hurt the kids chances of getting into better shap.I've heared that a lot more of the kids are running on there own. With as many kids as DB has playing, time can be cut short in the weight room ,it has it's limits on space..That doesn't have to stop them from working on their own time . You can see a lot of kids who take the extra time ..

Yeah, the story is that the family did not see him getting playing time anytime soon...and yes, being in Sensabaugh's shadow was the deciding factor. I'm sure we all have views on this type of situation as parents and it's tough to make that call unless you are in those shoes. But to be honest, the Junior class has 2 good RB's, the Soph. class has 4 and the Frosh class has 2 besides the DB transfers. They are all high quality backs so the competition at South will be just as stiff. Makes me think there are other reasons. And these RB's are not needed to crossover to WR's because we have quite a few of those. Not to mention the fact that South is not a running offense now as in the old days. It's a coaches nightmare to not have enough and probably very difficult to deal with having too much. I guess we'll take too much anytime. Good linemen are not a dime-a-dozen so if you have a few you want to get rid of just let us know.

"Good linemen are not a dime-a-dozen so if you have a few you want to get rid of just let us know." ???????????

Were you even at the game Friday night??? Are you a South fan?? Maybe not, it's hard to tell but take it from someone who WAS at the Unicoi game no problems with South O or D line period!!!!! You are right GOOD LINEMAN are not a dime a dozen so you may want to show them a little more respect. South is fortunate to have not only size but experience out front some going both ways. For a football fan you should know that without a strong line our RB's/WR's wouldn't be able to put on such a show. As far as those coming up, we've got 2 great feeder programs Sullivan and CHMS so we should be fine!!! Get in the game man remember it's about team and not your kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO REBS

"Good linemen are not a dime-a-dozen so if you have a few you want to get rid of just let us know." ???????????

Were you even at the game Friday night??? Are you a South fan?? Maybe not, it's hard to tell but take it from someone who WAS at the Unicoi game no problems with South O or D line period!!!!! You are right GOOD LINEMAN are not a dime a dozen so you may want to show them a little more respect. South is fortunate to have not only size but experience out front some going both ways. For a football fan you should know that without a strong line our RB's/WR's wouldn't be able to put on such a show. As far as those coming up, we've got 2 great feeder programs Sullivan and CHMS so we should be fine!!! Get in the game man remember it's about team and not your kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO REBS

You are out of line. I said nothing deroggatory about anyone...expecially our linemen. If any misconstrument could possibly be employed it would be towards our backs...and they are not a dime-a-dozen either. However, it is much easier to find skill positions than it is to find linemen...much less quality linemen. I merely stated that if DB is going to send us anything at all then linemen would be our choice. Not like they have a meeting and decide what to send. If anything it was a rib to DB for allowing any athletes to defect to South...much less premier athletes. And yes most of our linemen do go both ways and hope no one gets hurt because then we will see the price per dozen of a good lineman. It almost cost us the season last year. In fact, we had to convert a "quality" TE to center to complete the line this year...or were you not aware of that? You were at the game correct? Skill positions are in abundance on Pactolus...without any transfers from DB or anywhere else for that matter. But we currently have a corral of RB's and a QB's dream in numbers of awsome WR's. Not to mention how many good QB's we have. It takes a much longer period of time and much more in depth training to cultivate a quality lineman. By far! We have a very good line on both sides of the ball this year and we do have some underclassmen coming up but 75% of our current starting line just came into their own this season. Credit Coach Haynie with that. A name that doesn't get tossed around too much. About the team and not my kid? You're lost...I said nothing about my kid. If this is the best thing you can find on this board to cry about then you got problems.

You are out of line. I said nothing deroggatory about anyone...expecially our linemen. If any misconstrument could possibly be employed it would be towards our backs...and they are not a dime-a-dozen either. However, it is much easier to find skill positions than it is to find linemen...much less quality linemen. I merely stated that if DB is going to send us anything at all then linemen would be our choice. Not like they have a meeting and decide what to send. If anything it was a rib to DB for allowing any athletes to defect to South...much less premier athletes. And yes most of our linemen do go both ways and hope no one gets hurt because then we will see the price per dozen of a good lineman. It almost cost us the season last year. In fact, we had to convert a "quality" TE to center to complete the line this year...or were you not aware of that? You were at the game correct? Skill positions are in abundance on Pactolus...without any transfers from DB or anywhere else for that matter. But we currently have a corral of RB's and a QB's dream in numbers of awsome WR's. Not to mention how many good QB's we have. It takes a much longer period of time and much more in depth training to cultivate a quality lineman. By far! We have a very good line on both sides of the ball this year and we do have some underclassmen coming up but 75% of our current starting line just came into their own this season. Credit Coach Haynie with that. A name that doesn't get tossed around too much. About the team and not my kid? You're lost...I said nothing about my kid. If this is the best thing you can find on this board to cry about then you got problems.

I had not read down to your post this morning and was just going to say that I thought {reb425}had misunderstood you. I myself knew you were kidding about lineman, and wrote that your JV lineman looked very good last monday. The south lineman looked good on thursday,as did the kid I had been asking about from sevier. The older Sensabaugh kid for DB's freshman was the big difference in thursdays freshman game.I just wish he would leave a lot of the jumping around and things at home.I've been told he is older than one of the starting linebackers on DB's varsity.He's good enough to play on fridays at several spots, so all that extra stuff may be the reason GC has not moved him up allready.

Never thought I'd see the day when D-B kids were transferring TO South FROM D-B.

The fact is they need to have a cut in football like baseball.There are to many kids wasting their time practing who will not play unless there is a run away in the score.DB is loaded with good players and it is hard to play them all.I know most parents want to see their kids play,but you can not start substuting players in a close game.GC likes big crowds at the games,more $$$$$ at the gate.Think about the band parents and relatives who come to games that draws alot of people.60-70 players is alot.IMO

The fact is they need to have a cut in football like baseball.There are to many kids wasting their time practing who will not play unless there is a run away in the score.DB is loaded with good players and it is hard to play them all.I know most parents want to see their kids play,but you can not start substuting players in a close game.GC likes big crowds at the games,more $$$$$ at the gate.Think about the band parents and relatives who come to games that draws alot of people.60-70 players is alot.IMO

I see your point, but hasn't D-B always been like that? If so, why are football players just now starting to move? It could be the recent success of our program. That's all we've heard at South for 20 years.........rumors of so and so transferring to D-B. Most of the time they don't, but there have been several good athletes over the years that have transferred to D-B from South. Rarely, if ever does it work the other way. I'm just wandering if this will be the new trend or not. Time will tell. So far, from what I'm reading and hearing, it's not the elite ones is it?? Waco basically states that it's the ones that will be riding the pine?? True or not?

GC would never go for a cut, but there are about 20 or more players that act as if they just want to look good on fridays.They don't work as hard and just play around during the week. Even if a kid is not going to play on friday,he can make the team better by working hard and giving the starters the best look they can get before the games.I think those kids that work hard should letter just like a star because it is just as important to have the team ready to play, but if a kid doesn't want to work, he shouldn't waste his or the teams time.