McMinn Central @ Meigs County

tigers50

i would say you don't have to worry about the chargers losing focuse....coach derrick isn't going to let that happen..he is doing a great job and has this program on the way!

well well well looks like we won that one, but meigs played great but they just couldnt stop ol action jackson who scored the game winning TD not mowbryant he just got 2 sit back and watch us rush the field like i said we would but thats neither here nor there great game on both sides, AND ITS GREAT 2 BE A CENTRAL CHARGER. YYYYYUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Central will stay focused for Sequoyah next week. This was a big win with much to celebrate. But, we'll need to guard against a let down next week. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

It may not be a bad idea to remind the boys of last years game. Sloppy 2nd half play on our part that made us look bad. Plus, the on-side kick that they did after leading by a bunch with about a minute left, and lets not forget the sideline celebration while one of our players was laying on the field. This is the game that I have been waithing for since last year. I've waited a year to see Sequoyah come to Central. Plus, Moss will be back so now we have an extra tool to use from the backfield.

Great job to the Central kicker. I can't ever remember Central having kicker go 5 for 5 in PAT's like he did at Oliver Springs. Great Job.

Meigs took "home cookin" to a new level tonight! But you just can't stop Destiny. CONGRATS COACH DERRICK on your first signature win.

I dont believe there was "home cookin", the refs were having al kinds of problems with the electronics on the sideline. They could start the clock from the sideline but were unable to shut it off at times, thats why they had to keep resetting the clock. I'm not a fan of either school but it was a great game to listen to last night. Enjoy the win Chargers and great job to both teams last night (the game could have went either way).

I dont believe there was "home cookin", the refs were having al kinds of problems with the electronics on the sideline. They could start the clock from the sideline but were unable to shut it off at times, thats why they had to keep resetting the clock. I'm not a fan of either school but it was a great game to listen to last night. Enjoy the win Chargers and great job to both teams last night (the game could have went either way).

I was at the game and what I saw was "HOME COOKIN". The refs should have kept time on the field and stopped trying to put time back on the clock. When Meigs caught the ball on the 45 yd line, with around 46 sec. and was tackled, the clock should have kept running (at least 20 sec or a time out would have been used) - instead it was stopped.

so.....where are you at now? you not get on coacht after a loss? little quiet? I was saying this all along man. central is on thier way up and i can see why no one believed me or anybody else...because they haven't proved anything....but they did tonight! just say it....they better team won! actually, they won 2 or 3 times! they game lasted about six and a half quarters and meigs still couldn't come back and win.

you've said it best.. he's scared to get on cause he knows they handed them their butt whopping..

great job on both sides! it was the best high school football game i have every been to! good luck the rest of the way chargers! this should boost your season..now lets go win the next one!!! by the way, central should be like 5-1 instead of 2-1! clock managment was horrible!! it seemed like every play inside two minutes to go the game clock would gain 2 seconds. If you ask me, it was a little home cookin. either way central was the better football team and they deserve it.

I would like to congratulate the Chargers on a very well played game. You guys showed a lot of heart and determination, even when Meigs was ahead on the scoreboard. The last drive for the Chargers was almost flawless, with excellent play calling, execution, and clock usage. The only bad thing I saw from the Chargers all night was the obvious late hit after the Meigs interception. He was 2 yards out of bounds and 5 yards downfield after the whistle had blown and was coasting to a stop. Then he was forcefully and unexpectedly slung to the ground. Why? Was it because he made a great play? That kind of "unsportsmanlike conduct" could change lives forever. It's possible to injure someone on a good clean hit, but to carry the guilt of a life changing "cheap shot" could go with you for the rest of your life. The additional yardage from the penalty put Meigs in position to score. I thought it was going to cost you guys the game. Like I said before; otherwise it was a "very" well played game. The CHIEFS vs. the Chargers should also be a good game to watch.

so.....where are you at now? you not get on coacht after a loss? little quiet? I was saying this all along man. central is on thier way up and i can see why no one believed me or anybody else...because they haven't proved anything....but they did tonight! just say it....they better team won! actually, they won 2 or 3 times! they game lasted about six and a half quarters and meigs still couldn't come back and win.

There was a short in the scoreboard and the neither the clock nor the score worked right. If you noticed the scoreboard randomly added points to both teams throughout the night. The clock would run ten seconds off the clock after every play inside of a minute. One or two seconds and i dont think they woulh have done anything. Central had time added at the end of the first half too so dont think it was all in Meigs favor and anyone paying attention would know the clock was kept poorly but fairly. If anyone got the good end of the officiatiating stick it was the Chargers. Congrats to Central on a big win. They were the better team and the odds just caught up with Meigs on Friday. Its very hard to beat a team for as long as they have playing every year. The decade of dominance is over (tear).

There was a short in the scoreboard and the neither the clock nor the score worked right. If you noticed the scoreboard randomly added points to both teams throughout the night. The clock would run ten seconds off the clock after every play inside of a minute. One or two seconds and i dont think they woulh have done anything. Central had time added at the end of the first half too so dont think it was all in Meigs favor and anyone paying attention would know the clock was kept poorly but fairly. If anyone got the good end of the officiatiating stick it was the Chargers. Congrats to Central on a big win. They were the better team and the odds just caught up with Meigs on Friday. Its very hard to beat a team for as long as they have playing every year. The decade of dominance is over (tear).

don't know what game you saw, but the clock favored meigs. the clock consistantly stopped for meigs on offense and kept running for central on offense. looked to me like they just let the clock keep running after a play was over for about 4 or 5 seconds so they could put more time than there should have been back on the clock. scoreboard might have been messed up, but it is odd to me it always messed up in meigs' favor!! good end of the officiating stick? they had a touchdown called back after a bad holding call! why does it have to be about officiating now? like you said central is just plain better. last week everyone was talking about how central doesn't have a chance, but now you are saying it is hard to beat a team so many years in a row...funny. good luck to meigs the rest of the year. get ready sequoyah.

The better team Friday night won. Meigs defense did not play very good. The team played hard and had good effort but simply allowed to many points. I don't believe in excuses as to why or why not a team did not win. The team that wins has bragging rights, that is part of the luxury of winning. But to go with that comes hard work. Central does not know how hard it is to maintain a winning streak over a competitive rival for 10 years because they have always been on the losing end. I mean look at the Tennessee Vols loss to Vandy a few yr ago. Winning streaks are hard to maintain and every decade of domination has to come to an end sometme. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way out and Tigers should keep their head up and come out ready to play next week, the only way to replace our sour loss is with a win the next week.