Congrats to the Gleason Bulldogs!

Just wanted to say congrats to the Dawgs for starting the season 2-0 and for the impressive showing at Halls tonight. Coach Lampkins and the guys have worked really hard and looked great tonight. We have several guys that can share the load at tailback which is a rare thing for us and I truly believe Alex Verdell may be the best fullback in the state. Congrats again to the Dawgs and Noah!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say congrats to the Dawgs for starting the season 2-0 and for the impressive showing at Halls tonight. Coach Lampkins and the guys have worked really hard and looked great tonight. We have several guys that can share the load at tailback which is a rare thing for us and I truly believe Alex Verdell may be the best fullback in the state. Congrats again to the Dawgs and Noah!!

What other great fullbacks around the state have you seen and are comparing him to? Not saying he is not because I have not seen him, but I would like to hear the comparison.

I have seen every single other fullback in the state, twice. Anyways, just my opinion based on the single A football I've watched the last ten years or so. I can't think of another fullback that I would swap him for. In the second half of the Stewart Co. game I believe he only had 2 or 3 carries because of cramping issues but counting the first 2 quarters of that game and the 4 he played last night he's got close to 300 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns in 6 quarters as a 240 pound fullback.

Gleason hasn't beaten a quality team in the last ten years and it probably won't happen this year either. And until you do, Your stuck with the thought of being a substandard team. Lake County, Bruceton, Union City, Mckenzie all have more attendance enrolled and will have more kids to pick from. But Congrats on your 2 and 0 let's see how you finish.

Congrats to the 'Dawgs for starting out 2-0. I have twin grandsons that will probably be playing for the 'Dawgs in a few more years and that's gonna make it tough when they play the Rebels but, I'll get thru that when the time comes.

I've been on coacht for a while and possibly this is the first time I've seen a Gleason fan post on here. Welcome aboard. Don't let 'ol butchie rattle your cage too much. Lot of bark but, hardly any bite!!! LOL I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone that but, I'll make an exception in this case!!!

Besides, Butchie has some GREAT recipes for crow if one ever needs to eat any. He told me so himself!!!