Loudon at CAK

vandamme

Juniors Dad,

To be honest with you, I dont think that Freshman should be playing varsity football, but at small schools there isnt a choice. But there is a big difference between a 14 year old and a 17 year old. Testosterone being one, the second is experience another is getting the crud knocked out of you and getting up, and the last is 3 years in a summer weight program. I think the CAK fresh class is pretty solid...It doesnt look like there is a solid QB in that class, but Coach Bradley has a way of making QB's and they have another year before Fromke leaves until they will be on the lookout. It is hard to tell how a 14 year old will grow. I remember Gabe Atkinson when he was a Fresh, he has gotten stronger, he was the same height and I would have beat that he would have put on another 30 or 40 pounds and be a D1 prospect, but he eats a ton and still cant put on weight.

As a fresh or soph for that matter I say dont take it personal if you dont see much playing time, use those JV games to get some good game experience and take those games personal, because when you get to be a Junior and Senior those are the guys you will be playing against, go ahead and put the fear in them early.

Now back to the game. Loudon does have a solid run game, but untested. I have seen 10 year old girls that are tougher than LC's defense. I think that this game is HUGE for both teams, with only 3 teams assured a spot from the region...The winner of this game could be playing for first or playing for 4th. I think that game will take the winners on a long win streak and the loosers will have an uphill battle.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudon's pass defense is weak and from what i hear CAK is strong in the passing game. At the same time, Loudon's offense is not a one man show in Cambell. They have another running back (Miley #22) that is lightning fast and Tyler Barr ran good while Cambell was out against McMinn Central. Loudon's overall team speed may be quicker than last years but when the QB has to scramble we can't get the ball down field.

Unfortunately, and I say this with such distress, this may come down to the kicking game. We are very inconsistent at PATs and that could be a difference maker.

I think this is a key game and the top three playoff spots will come down to Alcoa, Loudon, CAK and Sweetwater.

I'll go with my heart and say Loudon by less than 6.

Ive heard youre quite the player too McCoy. Better than your brother is the word around the Academy. Now you just gotta get on the field and show it. This will be the game of the week in East Tennessee football as far as I am concerned. Its going to come down to which defense can shut down the other team's specialties better. Warrior rush defense vs Redskin pass defense.

Cak is gonna be good i hope people do not underestimate them. i hear though that tyler campbell is loudons only player. he is pretty good and will be a tough test for cak's defense. cak has this joseph bennet kid who is supposed to be the "next ditka" or something so it will be a nice showdown. cak's offense looks good this year. their passing game and rushing game are pretty consistent. i'm not sure how loudon's offense is. can someone elaborate please? by the way, "juniorsdad" if you are who i think you are then your son is amazing I'll just go ahead and say it. he's gonna be good. hes already sein time as a freshman. thats not something to be taken lightly. he raped a senior in practice the other day. just so you know...

im pretty sure campbell is not loudon's only player. eleven players must be present on the field at all times for one team...and by the way im taking loudon by 70 give or take a touchdown

im pretty sure campbell is not loudon's only player. eleven players must be present on the field at all times for one team...and by the way im taking loudon by 70 give or take a touchdown

well redskin nation im glad to see you know some rules about football, thats always a good place to start before you make a stupid unreasnable estamation on the game. i have not decided who is gonna win the game, these teams are so evenly matched it will be a dog fight. i hope both teams play hard cause it will be a close one and a good game to watch.