Loudon at CAK

vandamme

Someone who knows about both teams list some playmakers to watch from the stands

For Loudon

#8 running back - unbelievable ability to keep feet moving

#22 rb - very fast, not very big though

#2 rb and lb - great size, good blocker and menace on defense

#14 ok player on both sides

#11 qb /very smart with offense / questionable arm strength but will tuck and run before throwing an interception

#7 #5 both good on defense - have a nose for the football

interior is good on both sides of the ball

defensively they are very physical and fast. There have been noticeable holes in the secondary but when they put pressure up front it seems to offset that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CAK has the advantage because they have and outstanding passing attack and a running game that suprises there opponents. CAK also has good defense and good kickers/punters Loudon will have trouble defending CAK's talent but I say CAK by 10

Good to know CAK has good kickers. By the way, CAKPK85, who could you possibly be?... Honestly, kids today and their originality.

i think the game will be won and lost in the trenchs cak's defensive line has to stop the run, no offense to louden but you don't have much of a passing game, on offense for cak they have to contain the fast defensive end and make sure they can run the ball, if cak can break 100 rushing they will win this game

oh and about who has cak played they scrimmaged mcminn central and demolished them, and cherokee is a 4-a school who killed rutledge so the warriors have played some people already

...It doesnt look like there is a solid QB in that class, but Coach Bradley has a way of making QB's and they have another year before Fromke leaves until they will be on the lookout. It is hard to tell how a 14 year old will grow.

HSfootball54,

I'm surprised to hear this. First, let me say that I have no affiliation with either the players or coaches with the MS football program. I have not attended any freshmen or JV games but I did attend most of the MS games last year. CAK had one of the best 8th grade quarterbacks I've seen. Smart, athletic, accurate, strong for his age. This kid is now a freshman and I would think he would have a LOT of potential. Am I missing something? Thanks for your thoughts.

They may have one that I have not seen. Chris Cates, the current QB at CAK played WR/DB his Fresh and Soph Years....very rarely saw him in any sort of game action at QB....Since they have a 1 and 2 QB, they may be playing this young man at another position, another thing is the adjustment from MS football to HS football, one the offense is much more complicated, the outs and dig routes go from 5-8 yards to 10-12 yards...This is one heck of a throw, equiv to a 35 yard pass. Plus the size of the ball changes, depends on the size of the players hands on whether or not they have grown. Now I am no expert on the CAK depth chart, just a view point. They may have a hidden jewel that I have not scene warming up.

...It doesnt look like there is a solid QB in that class, but Coach Bradley has a way of making QB's and they have another year before Fromke leaves until they will be on the lookout. It is hard to tell how a 14 year old will grow.

HSfootball54,

I'm surprised to hear this. First, let me say that I have no affiliation with either the players or coaches with the MS football program. I have not attended any freshmen or JV games but I did attend most of the MS games last year. CAK had one of the best 8th grade quarterbacks I've seen. Smart, athletic, accurate, strong for his age. This kid is now a freshman and I would think he would have a LOT of potential. Am I missing something? Thanks for your thoughts.

They may have one that I have not seen. Chris Cates, the current QB at CAK played WR/DB his Fresh and Soph Years....very rarely saw him in any sort of game action at QB....Since they have a 1 and 2 QB, they may be playing this young man at another position, another thing is the adjustment from MS football to HS football, one the offense is much more complicated, the outs and dig routes go from 5-8 yards to 10-12 yards...This is one heck of a throw, equiv to a 35 yard pass. Plus the size of the ball changes, depends on the size of the players hands on whether or not they have grown. Now I am no expert on the CAK depth chart, just a view point. They may have a hidden jewel that I have not scene warming up.

Isn't the Arnett boy the underclass heir apparent? My son played with him years ago and he was pretty good.

yes i do believe Arnett is the kid that he ment... JD will be a very good QB his Senior year there has , already been a dermatic improvement in his game from just Freshmen year to So...............and i will take CAK by 10

I think the Arnett kid will do great, but we were talking about freshmen in this case. The Epperly kid (no connection whatsoever to any of them) was a fantastic middle school quarterback last year. Of course, he'll have to grow and work hard in the weightroom but I'll make a prediction that when the time comes you will have a top notch quarterback to run the offense out of this year's freshman class. You'll also have a top notch tailback in Pinkstaff out of next years freshman class. Lot's of other talent upcoming as well, but these are two very easy picks. If you haven't gotten a chance to check out the MS program, I think you would be quite impressed.