Westview at JCS

I have a bit different outlook on things here. JCS will be bringing a new style and tempo to Westview this weekend, and I think it will make for an interesting matchup. JCS should be bringing a lot of speed, and I think that they will be able to score points, but the question is how physical can JCS be with the always physical Martin offense? That is the key to this game, just how well the defensive line play can match up with Westview.

I'll take Westview in this one also, but in a much closer score.

MWHS- 28

JCS- 21

Don't forget year after year Martin Westview always sends out a GREAT defensive team... don't know if i see JCS getting above 14 but I won't be surprised if it happens

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

That's what USJ thought to.......

There is a big difference in 2A football and 1A football...Martin Westview is too big and too fast...I have always heard it said that you make your most improvement from game one to game two...Martin was pretty good in that second half Friday night...JCS struggled to beat one of their old 1A rivals Friday...They will play with Westview for maybe a half but that's it.....

WOW!! I didn't realize that 2A football in Tennessee was so dominant!! If all that is written in these posts are true.......which I see no reason to believe that it's anything less than the gospel..........Westview should have paid Union City for that beat down much like the Murray State Racers received from Louisville last Thursday. The going rate for such beatings are running about $500,000 this season. Union City needs a better agent to represent them during the annual scheduling meetings! They could really cash in from playing such monster programs like Westview!

i have heard jcs will not run the ball but maybe ten times a game and pass 30 to 35 possibly more a game if this is the case look for martin to have more than ten sacks if jcs is to play with westview they will have to keep the d honest i have also heard their coach has been talking saying their gonna be winners in 2a and go to the playoffs better wait till u play and let ur play on the field do the talking for u i believe that they can be competive but their not going to go far with these philosophies

i have heard jcs will not run the ball but maybe ten times a game and pass 30 to 35 possibly more a game if this is the case look for martin to have more than ten sacks if jcs is to play with westview they will have to keep the d honest i have also heard their coach has been talking saying their gonna be winners in 2a and go to the playoffs better wait till u play and let ur play on the field do the talking for u i believe that they can be competive but their not going to go far with these philosophies

Where did you hear that? I will assure you there is NOT A COACH from JCS talking about being winners in 2a, they didn't even talk about winning 1a last year. Check all these message boards and see how many JCS coaches, fans, or players are talking smack... (Every team has one or two clueless people) No one is talking playoffs other than the usual high hopes that every school in the state has at the beginning of the year. (Even Red Boiling Springs has a thread in here) I'll tell you what I've heard from the coaches this week if you want some insider information: "WESTVIEW IS BIG... WESTVIEW IS STRONG... WESTVIEW IS FAST... WESTVIEW IS BETTER THAN ANY TEAM WE FACED LAST YEAR INCLUDING SOUTHSIDE... WESTVIEW IS THE REAL DEAL..." Some people want to make it out that little ol' JCS is coming in all cocky and thinking they are going to kick everyone's butt in 2-A because they won 1-A. It just isn't true. I know that makes it more fun and people wish they were talking trash but they aren't. The coach has said, "we are going to try to do everything we can to be competitive in 2-A football." That's a long way from saying: "We're gonna be winners in 2-A." JCS didn't ask to be in 2-A and frankly we all know they don't belong in 2-A. But they are and so they are going to do everything they can to win. Every JCS fan is excited about the added exposure 2-A will give to our players but we are also frustrated that we have a "loaded" 1-A team in a region full of 2-A powerhouses. And that's the truth. No one will come into a game with more respect for their opponents than JCS. They will also come in ready to give it their very best.

Where did you hear that? I will assure you there is NOT A COACH from JCS talking about being winners in 2a, they didn't even talk about winning 1a last year. Check all these message boards and see how many JCS coaches, fans, or players are talking smack... (Every team has one or two clueless people) No one is talking playoffs other than the usual high hopes that every school in the state has at the beginning of the year. (Even Red Boiling Springs has a thread in here) I'll tell you what I've heard from the coaches this week if you want some insider information: "WESTVIEW IS BIG... WESTVIEW IS STRONG... WESTVIEW IS FAST... WESTVIEW IS BETTER THAN ANY TEAM WE FACED LAST YEAR INCLUDING SOUTHSIDE... WESTVIEW IS THE REAL DEAL..." Some people want to make it out that little ol' JCS is coming in all cocky and thinking they are going to kick everyone's butt in 2-A because they won 1-A. It just isn't true. I know that makes it more fun and people wish they were talking trash but they aren't. The coach has said, "we are going to try to do everything we can to be competitive in 2-A football." That's a long way from saying: "We're gonna be winners in 2-A." JCS didn't ask to be in 2-A and frankly we all know they don't belong in 2-A. But they are and so they are going to do everything they can to win. Every JCS fan is excited about the added exposure 2-A will give to our players but we are also frustrated that we have a "loaded" 1-A team in a region full of 2-A powerhouses. And that's the truth. No one will come into a game with more respect for their opponents than JCS. They will also come in ready to give it their very best.

Great post. Accordingly, rest assured that no one associated with the Westview football team has anything but the utmost respect for JCS and what they have accomplished.

Great post. Accordingly, rest assured that no one associated with the Westview football team has anything but the utmost respect for JCS and what they have accomplished.

Thanks. Believe me we are fully aware of the fact that Westview is the High School that has produced two Number one draft picks in the NFL. (Martin must be full of Green Bay fans) At JCS we are still looking for our first player to go to a D-1 college. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. JCS has for Westview from top to bottom. Have a safe trip to Jackson Friday night. All JCS fans are nervously excited about the game finally getting here. I think everyone's tired of talking about how competitive/uncompetitive JCS is going to be in 2-A. We are just ready for it to get here. The players feel the same. Obviously I hope that those who pick a closer game are right but I think we are all kind of prepared and won't be surprised by any of the scenarios listed. My son is a senior and I would like for his memories of his senior year to be good. I'm not expecting them to be as good as his junior year but I hope they are not a complete nightmare.

One of the best post I have read on CoachT. I'm sure JCS will give an all out effort, and will probably win a few games. They were just the unlucky souls to be placed in a very tough 2A region. I don't think they will make the playoffs, but I didn't think they would win state last year This week will be a "Welcome to 2A"

Westview 35

JCS 10

One of the best post I have read on CoachT. I'm sure JCS will give an all out effort, and will probably win a few games. They were just the unlucky souls to be placed in a very tough 2A region. I don't think they will make the playoffs, but I didn't think they would win state last year This week will be a "Welcome to 2A"

Westview 35

JCS 10

35-10--- It's getting better, it started out at 35-7. I'm sure no one is more excited about JCS moving to 2-A than Huntington. (Actually they have so much tradition and are so competitive that they probably don't like it) They beat Milan and they are going to have a tussle with Camden but otherwise they won't face the challenges week in and week out in the new region. (No disrespect intended toward Region 7) No doubt that Region 8-2A is the SEC of 2-A football in Tennessee. At least in College ball the new kid moving up gets to go to the Mountain West or Conference USA... but JCS had to end up in the SEC the first year. That ain't right... Speaking of SEC.... GO VOLS... Maybe Westview can loan Tennessee some of their defensive players Saturday. Maybe they can work a trade. I think JCS can move better against the Big Orange defense than Westview.