Carter Co

pujo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four Toss-Ups and a runaway.

Interesting that Everybody, so far, is picking Johnson County. BTW, Matt Hill, a Huge Appalachian State fan, is set to re-enter the earth's atmosphere sometime later this week.

Hampton 49 Jellico 12 - - Could be worse, but J. C. Campbell just ain't like that.

Cloudland 18 Cosby 17 - - Cloudland has three dazzling runningbacks, needs fullback presence.

Randall Johnson is a playmaker. Nick Sluder is healing.

In spite of the rain/slick ball, Jordan Hughes threw the ball well in the second half.

Johnson County 13 Elizabethton 12 - - Anderson to Fuqua, or a Fuqua kickoff return could be the difference, but I'll go with the majority on this one.

Happy Valley 20 West Greene 18 - - West Greene looked pretty good at times, consistency the big issue for the Buffaloes. Ward is a capable quarterback. Smith has ability to make plays. Blevins is feeling better.

Unaka 12 Grace Christian 10 - - Grace is improved, but North Greene is void of talent. Unaka's Defense is pretty good (Union City has a Great Quarterback).

Week 2 already....

Hampton (2-0) @ Jellico (2-0): Hampton has another long trip but will be fired up for this one, from start till Coach Campbell decides to take out the varsity. My Pick: Hampton 49 - Jellico 7

Elizabethton (1-1) @ Johnson County (0-1): I believe Mtn. City will be more fired up for this one that any game all season. My Pick: Besty 17 - Johnson County 38

Happy Valley (0-2) @ West Greene (0-1): Battle of two of the worst teams in region1 AA.

My Pick: Warriors 27 - Buffs 7

Unaka (2-0) @ Grace Christian (1-0): Like vader I am Impressed with the score of the Rams first game. This could be a nail biter. My Pick: Creekers 28 - Rams 32

Cloudland (1-1) @ Cosby (0-2): Cosby will be wanting a win bad. This I think could be the upset of the week.

My Pick: Highlanders 21 - Eagles 28

Make your picks now.

Good Luck to all Carter County TEAMS!!!

Not going to post scores just winners.

Hampton over Jellico big.

Johnson County over Elizabethton. Margin may be smaller than the Hampton fans want for bragging rights over E'ton.

Happy Valley over West Greene. Happy Valley shouldn't have a problem with these guys.

Unaka and Grace is a toss up. I say Grace by a very small margin.

Cosby over Cloudland. I think both teams will struggle on offense but Cosby will still be able to put up enough to beat Cloudland by at least 2 td's.

I'm going to predict that Pujo talks about how big, bad, strong, fast, awesome that Hampton is and that they beat a state championship quality opponent in Jellico. If it is a closer game than what he expects, then he will whine about officials. Lets be honest Hampton is a good team but they will never bring home the GOLD like Oneida has done. I looked up Hampton in the dictionary and the word overrated was right there in bold letters.

I'm going to predict that Pujo talks about how big, bad, strong, fast, awesome that Hampton is and that they beat a state championship quality opponent in Jellico. If it is a closer game than what he expects, then he will whine about officials. Lets be honest Hampton is a good team but they will never bring home the GOLD like Oneida has done. I looked up Hampton in the dictionary and the word overrated was right there in bold letters.

We will see if Oneida meets Hampton in the playoffs again.