KNOX HALLS @ KNOX CENTRAL

reddevilfever

My heart says: Halls 28 Central 21

My brain says: Halls 14 Central 24

Halls 13

Central 28

Well I was close using my brain. It wasn't the game I had expected. Halls really looked off to me with the exception of a couple of players. Missed tackles and turnovers killed Halls. This made a fair-at-best Central team look like world beaters. Hats off to the styles and mcmillian. They refused to let puny arm tackles bring them down.

Offensively, I would have liked to have seen more the second half play calling in the first half for Halls. They were able to move the ball pretty well except for turnovers.

I have seen Halls play much better. Right now, I don't think either of these teams are playoff material. But it may be a situation where they get in because not many other teams in 3 AAAA are either.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Powell-LC game last night, but after watching this game on tape, I think Central really got themselves together after 2 tough losses. I thought Halls could pull this one out, but Central played them tough from start to finish and the little mistakes really put Halls in a hole. Halls will bounce back, and Central is still going to be a tough team to beat consistently this year.

I am by no means a coach but why would you not put your secandarys in (who are hungry for play time )and save your 1st team for the 4th quarter...The missed tackles killed Halls...the boys did fight hard just not hard enough

Put the 2's in... Absolutely not. High school ball isn't like college or the NFL. For the vast majority of high school teams, the drop-off between the starters and their backups is quite significant (no matter how hungry they are or what their parents think). If a coach puts the backups in to "save the 1st team for the 4th quarter" then chances are, they'll be in too much of a hole to dig out of. However, I do agree that the kids played hard, and missed tackles and offensive mistakes at crucial times killed the Devils in this one.

This was a big win for the Bobcats. They really needed some positives to happen after the last couple of games. It was that much bigger that they won this one without Jamie Wilson. It is easy to see that sophs Troutman and Mills are going to be good players. The injury bug continues to bite as Releford and Howard both got hurt. Howard will be back, according to Joel, in 2-3 weeks. Releford is out for the year. It was also important for the Cats to get Wyl Mac back. He made a difference in this game.

I disagree that these are not playoff caliber teams. This game was huge in terms of region standings. Halls may be less secure at this point, but Powell, while impressive in their wins, has not really played a good team, yet. I don't think either Halls or Central can take anything for granted, though.

Both teams can take some positives from this. I thought Waggoner and Kitts were very good last nite. Hughes and Leonard played well. Halls ran some nice wheel route type plays in the 4th quarter. Central's dbacks looked better in this game. When Adam Bridges comes back in a couple of games, they will get that much better. I really hope that Central can get more healthy when they play Powell and West later in the year. Having Wilson at full strength would really give the Cats a lot of playmakers.

Good luck to Halls the rest of the way.

Halls 13

Central 28

Well I was close using my brain. It wasn't the game I had expected. Halls really looked off to me with the exception of a couple of players. Missed tackles and turnovers killed Halls. This made a fair-at-best Central team look like world beaters. Hats off to the styles and mcmillian. They refused to let puny arm tackles bring them down.

Offensively, I would have liked to have seen more the second half play calling in the first half for Halls. They were able to move the ball pretty well except for turnovers.

I have seen Halls play much better. Right now, I don't think either of these teams are playoff material. But it may be a situation where they get in because not many other teams in 3 AAAA are either.

I think you should get over yourself. You were close on the brain pick (could have easily been 42-13 bad calls and once again turnovers). Fair-at-best Central team. You got a little taste of what is to come and IMO could be a great and hard to beat Central team when all is back and healthy. DD was weak and inaffective. Halls offensive scheme is terrible, didn't work last year against Central and not this year either. Great off week for Central to heal up and come back out ready to play a tough LC team.

LSMFT....didnt happen fri. night..should have but I do not know that it would have made a difference......they will learn from fri. night...mon. night I think t will be a different game....everybody wants to see fri.night games but watch these boys om jv....verey googd and learning...Halls by 14 on Mon.....fresh and jv.