KNOX HALLS @ KNOX CENTRAL

reddevilfever

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reddevilfever,

How long has it been since Halls as beaten Central?? Don't be fooled by Central's game with Farr. Wilson is their star and throughout this series he has had his way with Halls (250+ yards on about 6 carries in Freshman game). I hope Halls will win, but I doubt 31-13 in anyones dreams!

If memory serves me correctly I "THINK" it was 1998. And I am not fooled by Central/Farragut game. Central choked on there own field against a team that drove two hours on a bus to get here and then got slaughtered by Farragut. Here's a better question for ya....When is the last time Central started out 0-3? I bet Helton can feel Coach Mac breathing down his neck right now (a la Johnny Majors with Fulmer many moons ago). I don't think Halls will let the losing streak to Central reach what UT had to Bama so I say it ends this year and I will be there to witness it.

"Battle of Oak Ridge"

2006- 35-0

2005- 26-14

2004- 34-7

2003- 31-0

2002- 15-0

All Wins by Central! Not this year though. Though the rivalry will still be intense, and a terrific game to watch, I've got them Halls boys by at least 10. Regardless, it will be GREAT! Should create a lot of inensity throughout the week.

Tyler Turner: 7-12 - 92 yds - TD

Jaime Wilson: 14 carries - 140 yds - 1 rush TD - 1 receiving TD

Will You be there?

Central will be very tough. Even with their 0-2 start. Defense is their big concern at the moment. No Orlando Blair pressuring the Qb is one of the biggest losses they have had in some time.

Freshman football is so overrated. I view JV's with more accountability than 9th graders playing football against each other. Most haven't even grown into a typical high school football player at that time. That is why many outrageous stats are screwed to the early developed player. Once this supposed superstar reaches varsity its never easy for them to capture those stats untill their senior year unless they are a truely D-1 prospect. We all know how few of those there really are. The hype is generally just that. Hype.

I don't think it will be 31-13 but I do think Halls has one of the best chances to put this in their back pocket since 98. Halls started off the season brightly and have not reached full potential yet. If Halls plays as a team and limit errors like they did last Friday night Central will be in for a tough game.

I heard that Jamie Wilson didn't even suit up last week is this true? I have also heard that a suspscious transfer from a 3-A school is now under scrutiny for the Bobcats. Rumors, Rumors and more rumors. Whoever suits up friday night its the Battle of Black Oak Ridge & the CSS game of the week so throw all the records out the door as if that mattered anyway. I feel a little frisky this week and I know Halls will be in for a dogfight or catfight whichever you prefer but eventually Halls is going to win this matchup again. So I say maybe this year.

Halls 24 Central 21

(Pirateman894)

("Battle of Oak Ridge"

2006- 35-0

2005- 26-14

2004- 34-7

2003- 31-0

2002- 15-0

All Wins by Central! Not this year though. Though the rivalry will still be intense, and a terrific game to watch, I've got them Halls boys by at least 10. Regardless, it will be GREAT! Should create a lot of inensity throughout the week.

Tyler Turner: 7-12 - 92 yds - TD

Jaime Wilson: 14 carries - 140 yds - 1 rush TD - 1 receiving TD

Will You be there?)

It is the "Battle of BLACK Oak Ridge" not the battle of oak ridge. And yes I will be there. Kitts will run wild and Dayton will have a couple of spectacular catches.

Just like last week Kitts and Dayton will be double teamed. But that really didn't hurt us and in a positive way helped us. Dayton can beat the double team and it gave Johnson a lot of one on ones and he thrived in that situation snagging some excellent grabs. Gunter and Waggoner had breakout games because Kitts was keyed on. Sevier Co. had a good front four and linebacking group and gave William Blount all they wanted in the first half of their first game. So I feel really good about what our OL is doing this year and Turner's calmness and leadership in his first varsity game. It can only get better from here. Once Julian has complete confidence in this group I'm expecting a lot of surprises along the way. I hope my second surprise is this week.

Hey guys,

Wilson will play this week. Central will be ready. Halls will need a great game to stay close. If we keep it close, we have a chance because it appears that this Halls team is a second half team. I think the key this week is big plays. I think both teams have the potential for big plays. The question is who gets more of them.

This is a huge game with big stakes.

You have to love it.

The mood sure has changed at Halls in the last two months. A win or two always makes people feel better but you need to look out for a mad Central team on Friday night. I would expect that Farragut would have opened the same can on Halls last Friday night and then I quess the Central fans might be on here.

I just don't think that Central is as bad as you guys say and I think you will find out on Friday.

Central By 14

Rebel 9

I stand corrected about Farragut last week if (ruse?) happens to see this, you were right and I was wrong. Central is again injury plauged and spiralling out of control. Top corner, safety, linebacker and both runningbacks injured and out. Tough year already for Central and may get worse. Halls is hungry and will be a tough game. I have no predictions. Good Luck to both teams. I did not see the Farragut game but I heard it was a slaughter fest and could have been worse.