KNOX HALLS @ KNOX CENTRAL

reddevilfever

This is a big game for both programs. I would not sell Central short because of who beat them this year. Farragut and Cookeville are not push over??™s but it looks like Sevier Co could be. I would go with history and I think central gets on the winning track they normally are on this time of the season and they will beat Hauls.

Central is a turnover fest!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sticking by my close game score. Noticed in another thread that the two teams that the Bobcats have played Cookeville and Farragut are top ten in 5A at the moment. So the 0-2 start can be justified here. Still think Halls is a much better program than it was at this time last year. Will it be enough to finally break the slide in this rivalry we will have to see.

This is a big game for both programs. I would not sell Central short because of who beat them this year. Farragut and Cookeville are not push over??™s but it looks like Sevier Co could be. I would go with history and I think central gets on the winning track they normally are on this time of the season and they will beat Hauls.

I, for one, am not selling Central short. I would easily say that they are more that 8 points better than Sevier Co. That means Halls will have to play better this week than last to win. I don't know if that will happen. With Wilson back, Central will break at least two big runs on Halls. I still think big plays wins this game. I am talking 40+ yard runs and passes. (and punt and KO returns) I want to see Halls win bad. I am just not sure that Halls can score 4 or 5 times this week.

My heart says: Halls 28 Central 21

My brain says: Halls 14 Central 24

I hope heart wins out.

Will Wilson be able to go on Friday? He seems to miss a lot of games due to injury. I am not saying he isn't tough but he does appear a little bit fragile. Central has played 2 top ten 5-A schools one without their best offensive player. I wasn't surprised by the Farragut victory. I was shocked by the margin of victory for the Admirials. It sounds like the Cats may have laid down.

Halls is doing a lot of crowing now after beating a sub par Seiver Co. team. After Friday night they will be eating a little crow. Central owns Halls.

Central 19 Halls 15

Will Wilson be able to go on Friday? He seems to miss a lot of games due to injury. I am not saying he isn't tough but he does appear a little bit fragile. Central has played 2 top ten 5-A schools one without their best offensive player. I wasn't surprised by the Farragut defeat. I was shocked by the margin of victory. It sounds like the Cats may have laid down.

Halls is doing a lot of crowing now after beating a sub Seiver Co. team. After Friday night they will be eating a little crow. Central owns Halls.

Central 19 Halls 15

A couple of online fans are crowing. I don't think the team is. They remember the beating last year and the year before that, and the year before that and..................

This team will not overlook Central.

And yes. Wilson will play against Halls. Count on it.

Why would you say Sevier Co. is a push over. They are 0-2 so far just like the Bobcats. William Blount only beat them 27-0 and most of those points were in the second half. Just like to follow your train of thought. I think William Blount is every bit as talented as the Farragut team at the moment. AP poll just released doesn't show much difference between them. Sevier Co. should still make the playoffs in my opinion. They have one of best young QB's in Taylor Helton that will only get better.

This should a nice game for a number of the reasons already mentioned. Couple questions still hanging out there though.

With all due respect to Dayton, Central has more playmakers IMO, and will Halls be able to stop the big play? 65-75 plays a game, and it only takes two or three.

Julian's offense could have a lot to do with that, if things are starting to take hold. Control the clock, and minimize the opponents opportunities.

Halls is still young, and do they believe or wonder? If Central breaks loose early, can Halls D recover? If the O can't get things going early will they doubt the system?

Has Central hit bottom yet? Have they stopped believing that all they need do is show up, and the opponent will be intimmidated?

I have been watching, and posting about Wilson for a long time, and honestly hope this is his comming out party. He will play, but for how long?

Line play may decide this game as much as anything. Will Hall's OL continue to develop as they have been (backs are getting more trusting as well), or will Central's front seven or so bring what they are capable of?

Kicking game wil be big. Halls might be ripe for the picking on either KO or punt returns if the lanes and angles are not spaced, and taken.

Which Halls team show up? Just as an exmple... 1st 1/2 of AC scrimmage or 2nd? Young team syndrome.

I would hate to see Central go 0-3, but, IMO, it is a distinct possibility this year.

ruse?

Ruse a very fair assessment. I agree with everything you say. I don't think Central has hit bottom and really they could easily go 6-2 from here on out and finish 6-4 for third in this region. With Maryville and West being the party poopers for them.

The main thing I'm hanging my hat on is the intangibles. On paper with a playmaker like Wilson Halls probabley wouldn't match up. He can hurt you on short receptions as well as running the ball. But I think Halls is all about team. This is what I think will win the day. The more they depend on each other the better they play. When you see bodies flying around like I did the other night I was impressed. Enthuasism is back in the program they are begining to play with a purpose.

Now Halls are learning they have some other playmakers besides Dayton. Kitts last year was one and once he breaks the line of scrimmage has breakaway speed. Waggoner was a pleasant surprise in the first game with a big run that showed what many coaches have been waiting for. If Halls can control the line of scrimmage and like you say clock management and if Central hasn't put this game away early I like Halls chances late on snatching a W. I know its a lot of Ifs. But I just have that feeling this could our year. I wasn't even close to feeling that way last year.

This game is very interesting, a lot of hype it seems evolving around this one. What it boils down to is basically what everyone else has said, mostly, which group of linemen controls the line of scrimmage and can Halls prevent the big play? I think Halls is more capable of preventing the big play this year than in years past(perhaps the only exception is the class of 05, not sure though). One thing that the central D must contend with this year that they definitely didn't last year is the different play makers Halls can field. Now you don't only have to worry about Kitts, but also Waggoner. You don't have to worry only about Dayton, but also Johnson and Gresham. Then you turn around and have a qb who is improving dramatically and seems to have really good control of the offense. On the flip side, Central has Wilson, McMillan and Styles Jr. It boils down to whether or not Halls can contain these three. If so, the team from the north side of the ridge has a good shot at it. If not, it'll be a long night come Friday.

I'm gonna go with Halls 14 Central 10

This game is very interesting, a lot of hype it seems evolving around this one. What it boils down to is basically what everyone else has said, mostly, which group of linemen controls the line of scrimmage and can Halls prevent the big play? I think Halls is more capable of preventing the big play this year than in years past(perhaps the only exception is the class of 05, not sure though). One thing that the central D must contend with this year that they definitely didn't last year is the different play makers Halls can field. Now you don't only have to worry about Kitts, but also Waggoner. You don't have to worry only about Dayton, but also Johnson and Gresham. Then you turn around and have a qb who is improving dramatically and seems to have really good control of the offense. On the flip side, Central has Wilson, McMillan and Styles Jr. It boils down to whether or not Halls can contain these three. If so, the team from the north side of the ridge has a good shot at it. If not, it'll be a long night come Friday.

I'm gonna go with Halls 14 Central 10

I agree with you thoughts on Halls having more weapons. Some are better than others but there are more. Having a credible threat opposite Dayton is huge. I also noticed that Halls appeared to be showing a couple new formations out of the wing T. That was nice to see. (More multiple receiver sets) I think this helps put the defense on its heels a little.

if halls can't stop wilson, mcmillan, and styles, halls will have a tough game and i also think central's defense could have a breakout game they haven't looked amazing the first 2 games..that could all change friday night

I am not sure any team will stop those players for an entire game. I still think the key for Halls is to guard against the big play. Good luck to both teams and I hope there are no injuries in a game that is always very hard hitting.