OC at Ripley

VOREBS

The Rebs had had an extra week to prepare for their first Region game of the year as they travel to Ripley for a date with the Tigers. Ripley is always tough at their place, and this will be a stern test for the young Rebs. OC must limit mistakes and also limit the "BIG" play from the Tigers. The Rebs will come ready to play, this I know Make the trip.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebs had had an extra week to prepare for their first Region game of the year as they travel to Ripley for a date with the Tigers. Ripley is always tough at their place, and this will be a stern test for the young Rebs. OC must limit mistakes and also limit the "BIG" play from the Tigers. The Rebs will come ready to play, this I know Make the trip.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigers win by 2 touchdowns

I don't know about 2 TDs. Ripley is a very athletic bunch, and the Rebs will have to contain the corners. OC just needs to continue to improve. New system, new coach, young players, it just takes some time. Saw some good things in the Week 0 game, things that the team can and will build on. This could be a good one.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, i believe its a great moved on coach Driggers part, it gives us more depth, more options on offense and most of all it will give "LEADERSHIP". If we can control our turnovers and if the REBELS can contain all region Andrew Johnson---' Well--I'm looking for a good game

I was not referring to a time frame, just a play on the word "short" no punt intended.

Hey, i believe its a great moved on coach Driggers part, it gives us more depth, more options on offense and most of all it will give "LEADERSHIP". If we can control our turnovers and if the REBELS can contain all region Andrew Johnson---' Well--I'm looking for a good game

SHERDUMB, Johnson will not be a problem, The DEFENSE will be . Ripley ? - Obion 0 . We welcome Obion Rebels and their fans to Ripley the city of hospitality. Good luck to everyone in 7-3a , until we meet again. Will"s dad,

Ripley won 26-7.....Details??......How did the QB change for OC work out??

Both teams did there scoring in the first quarter and a half. After that both defenses played very well. OC received the ball first and had about a five or six play drive before they had to punt. Ripley got the ball and scored on there second play on a TD run to go up 7-0. After OC couldn't do anything on there next possesion, Ripley scored once again to go up 14-0 and that was the score after one. On OC's next possesion they put together there best drive of the game converting on a fourth down to keep the chains moving and on fourth and goal from the three Mark Kissell plowed in to the endzone to cut the score to 14-7. Ripley returned the kickoff for a TD but missed the PAT to make the score 20-7. On the very next possesion for OC, a bad pitch on a option play gave the ball to Ripley inside the 10 and they scored another TD. They went for two but were stopped making the score 26-7. After that both defenses pitched a shutout. OC improved tremendously from the Southside game. The offense was much more consistent, but still have work to do. Chase looked pretty good at QB. The only thing is he doesn't have a very strong arm so the the deep ball is probably out of the question. The offense was pretty balanced between the pass and the run though. If they improve as much next week as the did this week I think they will get that first win agaisnt Lone Oak this Friday.

On the very next possesion for OC, a bad pitch on a option play gave the ball to Ripley inside the 10 and they scored another TD.

Hard for a quarterback to pitch the ball when he's getting hit by a 275 pound defensive end. Sorry, just had to brag on my son.

Like I said before, Ripley's defense was the difference in this game. But Obion played hard and never gave up. Good luck to the Rebels next week.

Good luck to everyone in 7-3A until we meet again,

Will's Dad

Both teams did there scoring in the first quarter and a half. After that both defenses played very well. OC received the ball first and had about a five or six play drive before they had to punt. Ripley got the ball and scored on there second play on a TD run to go up 7-0. After OC couldn't do anything on there next possesion, Ripley scored once again to go up 14-0 and that was the score after one. On OC's next possesion they put together there best drive of the game converting on a fourth down to keep the chains moving and on fourth and goal from the three Mark Kissell plowed in to the endzone to cut the score to 14-7. Ripley returned the kickoff for a TD but missed the PAT to make the score 20-7. On the very next possesion for OC, a bad pitch on a option play gave the ball to Ripley inside the 10 and they scored another TD. They went for two but were stopped making the score 26-7. After that both defenses pitched a shutout. OC improved tremendously from the Southside game. The offense was much more consistent, but still have work to do. Chase looked pretty good at QB. The only thing is he doesn't have a very strong arm so the the deep ball is probably out of the question. The offense was pretty balanced between the pass and the run though. If they improve as much next week as the did this week I think they will get that first win agaisnt Lone Oak this Friday.

I figured when I heard the Rebels went with Clanton that the passing game would be shelved......It means they will have to lean on an inexperienced line...Gonna be tough to do against the teams they got to play.....

I know the Rebels have scrimmaged Lone Oak the last couple of years and beat them.....The QB that Lone Oak has had the last two seasons is back and they fling the ball all over the place....Long-time coach Jack Haskins is still there...The QB threw for close to 400 yards in their first game......