EARLY SEASON REGION 4 5A THOUGHTS

82cat

in my opinion heres what was proved friday and where we are right now ( the spaces between are symbolic)

*lebanon/riverdale - both in the best position to win the region would probably give it to lebanon right now just slightly

*lavergne - would bracket with above but their competition level has not been quite as good but with 2 region wins they are in good shape but still have lebanon smyrna and riverdale ahead not to mention wc

*smyrna - obvioulsy I still think smyrna is very good but with a region loss they have put themselves in a hole

*wc vastly improved but siegel is now oficially awful

oakland/blackman - 2 region losses really hurt must now win 4 of 5 to make playoffs and both still face smyrna and lebanon not a judgement on eithers talent but 2 losses are tough to overcome

siegel - done, stick a fork in em their done and shouldn't be they have the talent

You sang our praises when we scored on the almighty Smyrna, now we are done? Give WC some props. Their wingt is elusive. Your offense is predictable. It is just hard to stop Sonny and Rod when they are in a zone.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sang our praises when we scored on the almighty Smyrna, now we are done? Give WC some props. Their wingt is elusive. Your offense is predictable. It is just hard to stop Sonny and Rod when they are in a zone.

I still think you have the talent but sadly are clueless how to use it or motivate it and run a middle school offense

ck out the 1st 3 words of my post "in my opinion"

As for being predictable - well every coach in the region if they had sonny would have him throw it to rod a lot

except for maybe one coach who would be cluless.

sorry but "in my opinion" sigel is done to make the playoffs they must win 4 out of 5 and quite frankly historically siegel tends to fold the tents early when it goes bad.

I still think you have the talent but sadly are clueless how to use it or motivate it and run a middle school offense

As for being predictable - well every coach in the region if they had sonny would have him throw it to rod a lot

sorry but "in my opinion" sigel is done to make the playoffs they must win 4 out of 5 and quite frankly historically siegel tends to fold the tents early when it goes bad.

this man has a point

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 games it is still not clear how this region will shake out. I don't think the 1st 2 weeks have shown us anything.

I guess you could call this the "but" and "so" list

WC - not picked very high beat a mt juliet team picked to be a playoff team in the region --but-- mt juliet would not be a playoff team in region 4 5a -- so -- that really doesn't tell you anything

siegel - lost 2 smyrna and rolled on glencliff --but-- smyrna is a good team and glencliff is an awful team -- so -- that really doesn't tell you anything

lebanon - beat gallatin at gallatin -- but -- gallatin lost 43 seniors from last year and is in a rebuilding year --so -- that doesn't tell you anything

oakland - played riverdale tough and beat coffee county -- but -- riverdales offense sputtered and coffe county would not be a playoff team in region 4-- so -- that deosn't tell you anything

blackman - lost tough game to lavergne beat lincoln county -- but -- Lavergne had several to's and still won and lc has been bad and would not be a playoff team in this region -- so -- that doesn't tell you anything

lavergne - beat a young blackman team and rolled on hillwood -- but -- blackman has won 3 games in 2 years and hillwood is awful -- so -- that doesn't tell you anything

smyrna - handily beat siegel and shut out brentwood -- but -- siegel had 2 punts/kicks blocked and brentwoods offense is terible -- so -- that doesn't tell you anything

riverdale - beat oakland and had shutout also beat antioch -- but -- oakland was running a new offense with a new qb and antioch has a new coach and a new system -- so -- that desn't tell you anything

in summary after 2 games I honestly don't have a feel for how the season is going to play out ??? usually by 2 games you have a pretty good idea

we will know friday night around 10:30 who is for real

ANOTHER GOOD POST.........(right on the money at the time)

OK cat, your team got upset and threw the galaxy out of balance. What do you think now? Not a slam, I think you have a good take on the league.

I couldn't agree more.

When the dust settles Friday night things should start coming into focus.

The Blackman - Smyrna game is really big. If Blackman goes 0-3 in the region they are pretty much done. Smyrna definitely doesn't want to drop to 1-2 with Riverdale, Lavergne, Oakland, and WC left to play.

Nobody can afford to be an upset victim Friday...and that includes Riverdale.

nothing will be settled till probably the last week of the season.

There are so many scenarios it would take all day to list but just to give you an idea of how tough this region is

one scenario would be smyrna could win out go 8 and 2 and be ranked in the top 5 in the state and be the number 3 seed out of the region.

the 1st night for guaranteed elimination is 10/19 by that I mean 2 teams with 3 losses play each other - one will be eliminated blackman vs siegel one of these teams is out

other than that everyone still has a shot

obvioulsy blackman,oakland and siegel can not lose again all or none could be gone next week.

good news for everyone else is on 10/5 wc or lebanon will get a region loss while everyone else is off.

right now 4 teams are in good position for play off spots - doesn't mean they will be the ones but I don't believe anyone could argue they are not at least in the best position

rdale/lebanon/lavergne/smyrna

wc may be but have only played 2 region games with this remaining- lebanon/blackman/riverdale/lavergne/smyrna

if they beat lebanon they make it 5 with a good chance for 4 spots

2p ck your pm

• 1 month later...

I really think after friday night we will know who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

Anybody want to take a shot at how this will play out??

I would bet right now this is how most would see the region playing out ---- but --- after friday this could be completely changed

riverdale

smyrna

lebanon

lavergne

oakland

siegel

blackman

wc

interesting!

the samster

riverdale is still looking to prove themselves...it looks like we are starting to gain back our respect from the loss to smyrna last year in the playoffs and people are realizing we are legit as always. the goal for the season obviously is not just to beat smyrna its above and beyond that but until october 26th many wont take us seriously (even if smyrna were to come into that game with a loss) but i am okay with that, smyrna has the benefit of the doubt.

back to the region in general, i have changed the way i think it will shake out:

Riverdale

Smyrna

Lavergne

Blackman what were you smoking................

Oakland............something illegal

Lebanon

Siegel

Wilson Central...........finished just a little higher

none of these teams were "easy" to place anywhere but lebanon and lavergne were hard picks to make...i could see them sliding down, flip flop, OR even sliding up

even more interesting /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

samiam