Whitehaven vs White Station

kwc

Man-o-man is this a BIG game. The third game of the season on Whitehaven's scheduale has traditionally been Germantown. This year they scheduled White Station. OK everybody, let's get this thing going. White Station manhandled Covington in it's first game, a 7-3A school which has been good traditionally, but if I'm not mistaken, they are under new leadership, so time will only tell how good Covinton really is, but they were took to the woodshed by White Station, 46-6. Whitehaven has beaten two teams to date. They beat Mitchell, a 8-3A school, (who recently beat Melrose 12-6) 28-16. Then this past Friday, they beat their neighborhood rival, Fairley (8-4A) at J.P. Freeman 35-6. I will be in the house for this game!

You know I'm pulling for Whitehaven. What do you guys think?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the scores from last weeks games on the CoachT scoreboard where Covington lost to Tupelo (MS) 7-42. If that is any indication about the Covington team. Take it for what it is worth. I have no idea how big of a school Tupelo is either. Anyway, there it is.

ill put in my two cents, and its not likely to make any supporter of the supposed "SEC" of TN high school football happy (region 8-5A):

two over-hyped teams that play in a watered-down league. big whoop.

and mitchell beating melrose was a fluke. (in case anyone was wondering what i thought about that.)

LOL ... this is a message board brobaseball, it's all about opinion, yours is valued. I don't agree with the waterd down assesment though. I will agree on one thing, and I am an alum, for whatever reason, every year .... Whitehaven is touted as one of the top teams in Memphis at the beginning of the year, even though, the year before was average, at best. So ... the over hype DOES apply to my tigers ... they haven't EARNED the hype. I know they have all of these great athletes, supposedly, but they haven't won as a TEAM on a consistent basis. In my humble opinion, White Station ISN'T overhyped. They are a very good TEAM.

I don't know about Mitchell beating Melrose being a fluke either. Time will tell.

We can agree to disagree on things, that's what makes message boards go! Thanks for the input. It's always welcomed.

If Whitehaven wins this game, they should not only make the playoffs, but also make a deep run in the playoffs. If they lose, it would not surprise me to see them miss the playoffs. White Station seems solid, so barring a blowout loss, they still should have a good season and make a run in the playoffs. This game is huge for Whitehaven.

If Whitehaven wins this game, they should not only make the playoffs, but also make a deep run in the playoffs. If they lose, it would not surprise me to see them miss the playoffs. White Station seems solid, so barring a blowout loss, they still should have a good season and make a run in the playoffs. This game is huge for Whitehaven.

fourthree:

I agree. This game means more to Whitehaven then it does to White Station. If whitehaven can finally beat White Station, then this game is the first step in making a run in the playoffs. It's that simple. I like Whitehaven's chances this year.

ill put in my two cents, and its not likely to make any supporter of the supposed "SEC" of TN high school football happy (region 8-5A):

two over-hyped teams that play in a watered-down league. big whoop.

and mitchell beating melrose was a fluke. (in case anyone was wondering what i thought about that.)

I'm not sure 8-5A deserves the "SEC" title...I'd think some schools in the Nashville area seem to have had more consistent success?

However, over-hyped? watered down? flukes? Relative to who?

One of the great things about this sport is that these things get settled on the field. Mitchell beat Melrose. That day, they were the better team. Melrose beat CBHS at Bridges. That day, Melrose was the better team. I understand CBHS has some injuries....but that is part fof the game. And in case you're wondering, I'm not insinuating that Mitchell would beat CBHS. That game hasn't been played.

White Station is hardly over rated. They may not beat Whitehaven on Friday, but Whitehaven has some quality players on thier team. It should be a very competitive game between two good teams. It sounds like you're a bit dissapointed in CBHS so far, and just can't give other teams any credit.

I just read the scores from last weeks games on the CoachT scoreboard where Covington lost to Tupelo (MS) 7-42. If that is any indication about the Covington team. Take it for what it is worth. I have no idea how big of a school Tupelo is either. Anyway, there it is.

I'm guessing Covington has some work to do before they return to last years quality. New coach and system, they didn't put up a good show against WSHS or Tupelo.

I'm hoping the Spartans can get past Whitehaven, but it should be a very competitive game! I know I'm very excited to get it going! Whitehaven has shown the ability to come up big in their 2 games so far, and I strongly suspect they'll be ready this Friday too! This is what make HS ball fun!

I'm not sure 8-5A deserves the "SEC" title...I'd think some schools in the Nashville area seem to have had more consistent success?

It sounds like you're a bit dissapointed in CBHS so far, and just can't give other teams any credit.

The SEC reference isn't as much about consistent success as it is about the parity within the region and how hard it is to make the playoffs. Usually comes down to week 10 for things to be decided. The last few years, teams have been in the situation of winning game 10 and finishing in the top 2 or losing game 10 and not making the playoffs.

Agree with the bro being disappointed with CBHS and not wanting to give others credit.

Since I am a WSHS alum, I will be pulling for them! Should be interesting to see what happens. I would think WS has the advantage with several returning players from their semi-final team of 2006.

The SEC reference isn't as much about consistent success as it is about the parity within the region and how hard it is to make the playoffs. Usually comes down to week 10 for things to be decided. The last few years, teams have been in the situation of winning game 10 and finishing in the top 2 or losing game 10 and not making the playoffs.

Agree with the bro being disappointed with CBHS and not wanting to give others credit.

Since I am a WSHS alum, I will be pulling for them! Should be interesting to see what happens. I would think WS has the advantage with several returning players from their semi-final team of 2006.

Ah, ok....I can see the relativity now. Yes, 8-5A is that competitive. I believe Collierville was the odd man out last season?

One of the things I feel good about WS is the leadership on offense and defense have been through some very close games that they pulled out late. So they don't get shaken, and you can see that they have the belief that they can pull the game out in the wanning seconds. That can count big in games that have the potential to be close at the end.

I'm not alum, but my son is a soph on the team. He's #9, backing up #5 at free safety.

However, over-hyped? watered down? flukes? Relative to who?

One of the great things about this sport is that these things get settled on the field. Mitchell beat Melrose. That day, they were the better team. Melrose beat CBHS at Bridges. That day, Melrose was the better team. I understand CBHS has some injuries....but that is part fof the game. And in case you're wondering, I'm not insinuating that Mitchell would beat CBHS. That game hasn't been played.

White Station is hardly over rated. They may not beat Whitehaven on Friday, but Whitehaven has some quality players on thier team. It should be a very competitive game between two good teams. It sounds like you're a bit dissapointed in CBHS so far, and just can't give other teams any credit.

my apologies, i was trying to be sarcastic when referring to 8-5A as the "SEC" of TN high school football. i dont believe that at all and thats why i thought that region was "watered down"....its just how supporters of those teams deem their league.

and, yes, im disappointed in Christian Brothers thus far. they chould be 2-0. oh well.