Page at David Lipscomb

vandy1

That is the most arrogant and rediculous thing that I have ever heard. First, Coach Mac is a great coach but would not have that same success at a public school because he would actually have to teach classes and not focus on football all day. Second to think there would be a mass movement to schools with parents pulling up stakes and moving into the zone is stupid. If that did happen you would be rezoning every year due to over population. Why doesn't Ravenwood and Franklin and Hillsboro have that problem of everyone wanting to play for them. Their programs are better than Lipscombs and they are 5A. Even better Fulton who mopped the field with you all last year. If a parent up and moves just to put their kid in a school for sports then they are ignorant. Lastly if everyone did that then at least everyone is on the same playing field with zones and have that opportunity to build that dynasty. I don't have a problem with Lipscomb their fans have always been extremely classy. their players play with class. So I am not in any way bashing Lipscomb. I just think that if TSSAA is going to charge everyone equal fees and take equal gate during playoffs then everything else should be equal as well. Lets face it Goodpature, Lipscomb, etc. would all be competetive at 5A level so I would suggest either every private play 5A or a total split. I also think that it would be cool (impossible) but cool that the when reclassification is done every 4 years the 4 champions move up a level. For example, Goddpasture has won 2A then they move to 3A, Lipscomb to 4A, Maryville to 5A.

That is a great idea, punish teams for success! why didn't I think of that?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the most arrogant and rediculous thing that I have ever heard. First, Coach Mac is a great coach but would not have that same success at a public school because he would actually have to teach classes and not focus on football all day. Second to think there would be a mass movement to schools with parents pulling up stakes and moving into the zone is stupid. If that did happen you would be rezoning every year due to over population. Why doesn't Ravenwood and Franklin and Hillsboro have that problem of everyone wanting to play for them. Their programs are better than Lipscombs and they are 5A. Even better Fulton who mopped the field with you all last year. If a parent up and moves just to put their kid in a school for sports then they are ignorant. Lastly if everyone did that then at least everyone is on the same playing field with zones and have that opportunity to build that dynasty. I don't have a problem with Lipscomb their fans have always been extremely classy. their players play with class. So I am not in any way bashing Lipscomb. I just think that if TSSAA is going to charge everyone equal fees and take equal gate during playoffs then everything else should be equal as well. Lets face it Goodpature, Lipscomb, etc. would all be competetive at 5A level so I would suggest either every private play 5A or a total split. I also think that it would be cool (impossible) but cool that the when reclassification is done every 4 years the 4 champions move up a level. For example, Goddpasture has won 2A then they move to 3A, Lipscomb to 4A, Maryville to 5A.

Ask any realtor what really sells homes, and they will tell you it is the school zone!!! Sorry but everyday people buy houses based on what school they are zoned for. Some it is purely for academics, most it is because of a combination of academics and sports.

Maybe another approach to this is that you let your kids go to schools with ALL types from ALL types of backgrounds and ALL levels of economics. Don't let them go thru a sterilized and "protected" environment cause Daddy won't always be there to protect them.

As far as state championships, I won one coaching and won playing in one. That was great, but a man's true measure is...well..having to explain it to you just won't do it justice. My son won a full scholarship and grad from college in 3 1/2 yrs....not too bad for a lowly public school grad.

I better stop before one of you hits me in the head with your wallet.

Bulldog....you make some great points, some i agree with, some i dont. If I was sitting on your side of the stands right now, I might feel differently about some of them. One point that I would debate however was your "wallet" comment - if you were talking about MBA or Ensworth, i would say that you were right on the money, however I would bet (not literally of course...everyone knows CofC'ers don't bet) that the economic dynamics of DL are not much different than that of most of the 3A publics. We have some rich kids but the lions share of kids at DL are there through a significant financial sacrifice from their parents. As a matter of fact, the public school that my kids are zoned for is significanly richer (monetarily) than is DL....but enough of that....lets play football.

Oh how easy it is to throw out accustaions of unfairness. I think Lipscomb typically plays by the rules. They play the same basic teams as everyone else in their region. Except for a non region game they play Goodpasture. What is wrong with scheduling these teams? I love how you are advocating a "simple" and "fair" solution. If it were so simple, then why wouldn't it already have happened? Is it possible their is more to this issue than you are willing to accept.

I guessed I missed your rebuttal on scheduling the MBA"s and BA's of the state.....was it because it would be as you put it.....unfair?

The lobbying effort by private schools to stay in the TSSAA and play in regions is well known and that is one of the reasons why "there is more to this issue"

Ask any realtor what really sells homes, and they will tell you it is the school zone!!! Sorry but everyday people buy houses based on what school they are zoned for. Some it is purely for academics, most it is because of a combination of academics and sports.

Huh?????????? This comment comes from someone from DL who knows one of the DL's families sell houses in the Page district in the 600k to 800k range and their kids go to DL.

I guessed I missed your rebuttal on scheduling the MBA"s and BA's of the state.....was it because it would be as you put it.....unfair?

The lobbying effort by private schools to stay in the TSSAA and play in regions is well known and that is one of the reasons why "there is more to this issue"

I believe Lipscomb schedules teams in its region. They also play goodpasture. What is wrong with that? I don't think teams are required to schedule opponents because someone says they are scared of them.

You are right school district not individual school. Publics can't control their numbers so they can stay in a certain division like the privates. Mustangfan you are different from the other Lipscomb fans, You are an arragant conceded ######. Anything that is different from you, causes you to pass judgement. If the parents where moving merely for athletics like you say then they wouldn't have to ask a realtor now would they.

As for what I said about teams moving up I put IMPOSSIBLE in quotes b/c obvioulsy that is not achievable. I did find it interesting that you found it being punished to have to move up and play bigger schools.

Again lipscomb fans, coaches, and players I have major respect for yoou and appreciate the way you play the game, but guys like this gives you all a bad name. Must be a lawyer or politician!!!!!

You are right school district not individual school. Publics can't control their numbers so they can stay in a certain division like the privates. Mustangfan you are different from the other Lipscomb fans, You are an arragant conceded ######. Anything that is different from you, causes you to pass judgement. If the parents where moving merely for athletics like you say then they wouldn't have to ask a realtor now would they.

As for what I said about teams moving up I put IMPOSSIBLE in quotes b/c obvioulsy that is not achievable. I did find it interesting that you found it being punished to have to move up and play bigger schools.

Again lipscomb fans, coaches, and players I have major respect for yoou and appreciate the way you play the game, but guys like this gives you all a bad name. Must be a lawyer or politician!!!!!

Those poor public schools in East TN seem to like playing DL, however DL may have to deal with another private school coming out of knoxville.

I have an idea that would really be fair for everyone. I'm sure no one will disagree with this because the idea is absolutely brilliant!!! First, we don't keep score of any of the games. Second we don't have playoffs. Third, the schools with the highest average per capita income of the parents sends the TSSAA a check each year. Last we rotate the 5 state championship trophies amongst all schools, so eventually everyone gets one state championship trophy from each classification. Since this will eventually bore everyone to death, football will get disbanded as a sanctioned sport, and we can replace it with kickball. Now, talk about a sport that is fair to all......

Those poor public schools in East TN seem to like playing DL, however DL may have to deal with another private school coming out of knoxville.

You beat me to the punch on the East Tennessee Schools. The Publics do much better than the privates. Consider Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Dobbyns Bennett, Science Hill..some of which is due to the potential of Open Zoning. Consider Shelbyville Girls Basketball....I do know people who chose to move to Shelbyville for their daughters to play basketball (I don't know if that still is the case today)

The school systems does impact those folks who are looking to buy a home. I've had people to choose Franklin High School over Centennial due to preceived better athletic programs. I've had people to choose Centennial over Page for Band purposes and yes I have had people to choose to live in South Nashville because they were going to send their kids to Lipscomb and some even to Father Ryan and FRA.

Re-classification will come up for the 2009 season. If the public and privates do not split, Look for David Lipscomb to move up to 4A based on today's enrollment. Lipscomb will join Hillsboro, Stratford, Maplewood, and Whites Creek in region 5.

Lipscomb plays stratford next week and next year.

You beat me to the punch on the East Tennessee Schools. The Publics do much better than the privates. Consider Fulton, Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Dobbyns Bennett, Science Hill..some of which is due to the potential of Open Zoning. Consider Shelbyville Girls Basketball....I do know people who chose to move to Shelbyville for their daughters to play basketball (I don't know if that still is the case today)

The school systems does impact those folks who are looking to buy a home. I've had people to choose Franklin High School over Centennial due to preceived better athletic programs. I've had people to choose Centennial over Page for Band purposes and yes I have had people to choose to live in South Nashville because they were going to send their kids to Lipscomb and some even to Father Ryan and FRA.

Re-classification will come up for the 2009 season. If the public and privates do not split, Look for David Lipscomb to move up to 4A based on today's enrollment. Lipscomb will join Hillsboro, Stratford, Maplewood, and Whites Creek in region 5.

Lipscomb plays stratford next week and next year.

Rezoning this and rezoning that..blah..blah...blah... I have an extremely simple yet immensely complex formula which could be used in determining all future athletic champions in tennessee high school/youth/college sports. we would start by combining all age levels into one classification from pre first through college. we next combine all sports. bonus points will be given for younger age groups and contact sports will be deducted points when hitting people from non-contact sports. so for example when the 7 yr old dixie puffs bowling team plays the UT vols football team their will be points taken away if the vols commit a late hit against the puffs after they release the ball. Of course based on last weeks performance against cal there is no danger of anyone from UT actually hitting anyone. All scores are the recalculated based on socioeconomic status with bonus points going to anyone living in Williamson county. Of course the most important part of the formula hinges on bulldog69's opinion of who he thinks should be champs. This is all put into the computer and then discarded. CoachTposters then vote on who is the most disadvantaged by their circumstances and award a baseball/football/basketball/golf/frisbee/lawn darts/bocce/volleyball/crosscountry/synchronized ice dancing trophy to the winner

Where Everyday Is Game Day!

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes have now been posted on the Mustangfanpage featuring the game between the DL Mustangs and the Page Patriots. Page fans will be able to get directions to LIpscomb and all of the other information that is considered a part of Game Day...depth charts, rosters, commentary and etc....The Game will also be broadcasted in the Nashville area over AM Radio WAMB/WKDA 1200 and 900...it will also be carried live on the internet at the Mustangfanpage. To visit the Mustangfanpage Click Here.