Page at David Lipscomb

vandy1

On a game note... Lipscomb wins by 90OOPS, I was off one 0 I think, I meant 900

Here we go...Will Bulldog volley back? or Will Bomb Squad come swooping in. Or perhaps the stories of McAngus Burgers and leprechauns will make their way onto this thread....or will coachhard come in and shut it down. Bulldog can bring out the best in people.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me get this straight, you get to say how you feel about private schools, but you don't want anyone else to comment? What a great idea, now I am going to say what I think but I don't want you to comment about it, deal? I think people who whine about things being unfair will never be happy about anything. I think if it isn't private schools, then it will be how public schools zone unfairly. And if it's not that, then you will find something else to complain about. The only time you will be happy is if you win a state championship and it appears as that won't happen in our lifetime. I think people should teach their kids to overcome the odds and do their best and not teach them to make excuses which is exactly what you do when you make excuses for them. High School sports is supoosed to be about fun and last time I checked it is a lot of fun to go out and play even if you don't win every game.

Bulldog, I would love it if you would come stand in my yard for a few days... That dark cloud that rains on your parade everyday could help water my lawn

All right I won't say anything....my...my...what intellectual genius you have and all of these "posters" come out of the woodwork as soon as someone says what they feel. Looks like the same one using multiple aliases again. I will be happy to come "water" your yard....may be a little acidic. Besides we know that the SUN always shines over DL

Fact is...I have stood in your yard...and many of your Mustangs live or have lived in the Page zone, and work there....but the school just isn't good enough for you.

My stand on this never going to change, and if you think some snively little comments from you are going to change outlooks then you are crazy.

Maybe another approach to this is that you let your kids go to schools with ALL types from ALL types of backgrounds and ALL levels of economics. Don't let them go thru a sterilized and "protected" environment cause Daddy won't always be there to protect them.

As far as state championships, I won one coaching and won playing in one. That was great, but a man's true measure is...well..having to explain it to you just won't do it justice. My son won a full scholarship and grad from college in 3 1/2 yrs....not too bad for a lowly public school grad.

I better stop before one of you hits me in the head with your wallet.

On a game note... Lipscomb wins by 90OOPS, I was off one 0 I think, I meant 900

Now...now.... you know that can't happen. You would think that with all that "book-learning" that you DL fans would know about the new Mercy Rule effective this year. Please try to stay up to date with the rules....maybe you couldn't hear with one of those "preppy sweaters"(as Coachhard calls them) pulled over your pointed ears.

Daniels is a great coach and will get the Page program to the point where they will beat Lipscomb.....some day. Not this year though.

I have to agree. I had my hopes a little high for Daniels this year. They don't look great right now, but they are 1-1. If they continue to improve as the year goes on, which I think they will, they might squeek in to the playoffs. It will take two or more years to start competing with Lipscomb. They have not lost a region game yet and have had very few competitive region games in general (you can't count them on one hand). If Page doesn't get blown out in the first half it will be a moral victory.

Let's try to set the record straight. I have nothing against Lipscomb...as I have said many times...they have a great program. I root for them ...sometimes.... and esp against region 2. This is a week that I normally like to sit out due to how I feel and some past Lipscomb posters.

I do not like private schools in regional play with public schoools.

The situation at Page with all the re-zoning literally has made me sick. When you factor in the "zones" at public schools with the "open" situation at privates...I will never see the fairness in that.... and don't bother to comment.

I think Page is a year away from contending. The goal this year is to make the playoffs. Most Public schools "typically" go thru periods of strength followed by a down time.

Maybe this week, we get two of our playmakers back. We are still a work in progress with no easy spots on the schedule.

i agree with bulldog i don't think it's fair for private schools and public schools to be in the same region look DL has not lost an region game in like 4 or 5 years but it adds a little bit of david vs goliath atmosphere when you play DL and thats pretty neat.

Let me clarify some of the Page misconceptions. I am a Independence fan but will tell the truth. This is not about privates or publics it is about the cocky smart elic punks that get on here talking about Page students working at McDonalds etc. First off, Williamson County is the best school system in the state when it comes to scores on national ans state tests. Page High has the highest scores of any other school in Williamson County. Yes higher than Brentwood, Ravenwood, and my beloved Independence. And you are right Page's kids do work at McDonald's etc. because their Mommies and daddies can't afford to give them everything. It is called being pampered. Someone said the world is not fair get used to it. You are exactly right but the TSSAA is supposed to be fair for all schools.

Page can't compete with Lipscomb on the field this year that is for sure. They have very little speed and even less leadership. Neel and Lankford are good players but terrible leaders. But I promise you this much Page can compete with Lipscomb in the classroom. It is no longer a little red neck school.

Let me clarify some of the Page misconceptions. I am a Independence fan but will tell the truth. This is not about privates or publics it is about the cocky smart elic punks that get on here talking about Page students working at McDonalds etc. First off, Williamson County is the best school system in the state when it comes to scores on national ans state tests. Page High has the highest scores of any other school in Williamson County. Yes higher than Brentwood, Ravenwood, and my beloved Independence. And you are right Page's kids do work at McDonald's etc. because their Mommies and daddies can't afford to give them everything. It is called being pampered. Someone said the world is not fair get used to it. You are exactly right but the TSSAA is supposed to be fair for all schools.

Page can't compete with Lipscomb on the field this year that is for sure. They have very little speed and even less leadership. Neel and Lankford are good players but terrible leaders. But I promise you this much Page can compete with Lipscomb in the classroom. It is no longer a little red neck school.

OK so lets say for a minute that everything is "fair" in the TSSAA. Lets say that all private schools dismantle and everyone goes back to public schools. Everything is equal and everyone wil go 5-5 every year and someone different will win the title each year. Is that how it would work? Probably not, I agree. Some teams would be better than others depending on who goes to the school. Some coaches would do a better job and build a better program than others. As a coach built a good program more people would want to play for him to be on a good team. Parents with enough money would buy houses in that school zone so their sons could play football for that coach. As a result that coaches team would be even better and probably build a dynasty over the years because more and more parents would move into that school zone to be a part of that program, and if the school was good academically even more people would move into that zone. It is actually the same thing that happens now for many public schools. I would argue that almost thirty years ago when Coach Mc came to Lipscomb nobody from Page was complaining about private scholls- why? because they stunk. Coach Mc built a dynasty that now people all over want to be a part of. If he were at a public school people would move into his schools zone just to have the opportunity to play for him. So as much as you want to deny it things will never be fair, unless the TSSAA institutes a freshman draft for all new high school players.

mustangfan...you wouldn't know or understand fair if it slapped you in the face. Your comments reek of arrogance and pompous blabber.

I have advocated a simple and fair solution and forget the multiplier and simply let the publics play publics ...privates play each other...or is that not fair? You say life isn't fair..then why don't you schedule MBA and BA....after all you say life isn't fair. What does that say about DL....never wanting to schedule the big privates......after all it wouldn't be fair.

Thirty years ago or whatever...one of the worst decisions in this state was allowing the opening of private schools into the educational arena. When all it takes is a chunk of money to go to another school, it still is pretty sorry.

That is the most arrogant and rediculous thing that I have ever heard. First, Coach Mac is a great coach but would not have that same success at a public school because he would actually have to teach classes and not focus on football all day. Second to think there would be a mass movement to schools with parents pulling up stakes and moving into the zone is stupid. If that did happen you would be rezoning every year due to over population. Why doesn't Ravenwood and Franklin and Hillsboro have that problem of everyone wanting to play for them. Their programs are better than Lipscombs and they are 5A. Even better Fulton who mopped the field with you all last year. If a parent up and moves just to put their kid in a school for sports then they are ignorant. Lastly if everyone did that then at least everyone is on the same playing field with zones and have that opportunity to build that dynasty. I don't have a problem with Lipscomb their fans have always been extremely classy. their players play with class. So I am not in any way bashing Lipscomb. I just think that if TSSAA is going to charge everyone equal fees and take equal gate during playoffs then everything else should be equal as well. Lets face it Goodpature, Lipscomb, etc. would all be competetive at 5A level so I would suggest either every private play 5A or a total split. I also think that it would be cool (impossible) but cool that the when reclassification is done every 4 years the 4 champions move up a level. For example, Goddpasture has won 2A then they move to 3A, Lipscomb to 4A, Maryville to 5A.

mustangfan...you wouldn't know or understand fair if it slapped you in the face. Your comments reek of arrogance and pompous blabber.

I have advocated a simple and fair solution and forget the multiplier and simply let the publics play publics ...privates play each other...or is that not fair? You say life isn't fair..then why don't you schedule MBA and BA....after all you say life isn't fair. What does that say about DL....never wanting to schedule the big privates......after all it wouldn't be fair.

Thirty years ago or whatever...one of the worst decisions in this state was allowing the opening of private schools into the educational arena. When all it takes is a chunk of money to go to another school, it still is pretty sorry.

Oh how easy it is to throw out accustaions of unfairness. I think Lipscomb typically plays by the rules. They play the same basic teams as everyone else in their region. Except for a non region game they play Goodpasture. What is wrong with scheduling these teams? I love how you are advocating a "simple" and "fair" solution. If it were so simple, then why wouldn't it already have happened? Is it possible their is more to this issue than you are willing to accept.