Pick the Winners in the Region 5 1A Matchups

FridayMainEvent

Game Predictions  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Game Predictions

The JB vs. CA game may be close if they've improved like everyone says they have. Maybe I need to take my blinders off but I just don't see this game being that close. I get the feeling that people think JB is a lot more beatable this year and they are just waiting to see either a JB loss or a near loss. I'm telling you guys...JB is just as good and has the opportunity to be even better. I said this in another thread but I feel like this game will be a good indicator of just how much the gap has closed between JB and the rest of region 5. Most say that CA is the most improved so if they've closed the gap then maybe some of the other teams have as well. If not, I will assume that the other teams haven't either. Show em what you got Big Red...let the Red Carpet roll out in Clarksvegas tonight.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moto, Pred, and LovethoseRockets, I have a Community Viking (my brother-in-law, he just doesn't know it yet.. )connection to add to the network, so we should have close to full coverage for region 5 scoring updates. We have MP connections also, so we'll know what is going on with them. I'll be calling you guys at halftime from McEwen tommorrow night.......

MP plays Saturday night instead of Friday night.

Moto, Pred, and LovethoseRockets, I have a Community Viking (my brother-in-law, he just doesn't know it yet.. )connection to add to the network, so we should have close to full coverage for region 5 scoring updates. We have MP connections also, so we'll know what is going on with them. I'll be calling you guys at halftime from McEwen tommorrow night.......

We are going to have to start calling you "The Connected One" instead of "Cascade11"

NC coach Charlie Lansdell was at JCS for 6 or so years prior to spending 1 season at Lipscomb...he was our defense coordinator and assistant head coach and also our head middle school coach...not sure what kind of talent pool he has at NC but I can assure you he will do all he can with what he has...good luck to all in region 5 and a special good luck to Charlie and his NC Eaqles

Well, other than the Forrest game, it looks like our picks held true. Thanks for the live updates fellow networkers. I'll talk to you guys next Friday.......( I was one of the ones who picked Forrest by the way...)

Yea I guess the loss of the QB hurt a little more than expected. It looks like it was a defensive battle and Forrest clearly one. I have a feeling Forrest might have stole one last night but we'll see. I could see McEwen beating Forrest, WHH beating McEwen and then we'd have a very murky playoff picture. After one week of region play I'm going to go ahead and say the last few playoffs spots are going to be decided by tiebreakers and I'll go as far as to say somebody is gonna line up on the 10 yard line to see who gets in.

Yea I guess the loss of the QB hurt a little more than expected. It looks like it was a defensive battle and Forrest clearly one. I have a feeling Forrest might have stole one last night but we'll see. I could see McEwen beating Forrest, WHH beating McEwen and then we'd have a very murky playoff picture. After one week of region play I'm going to go ahead and say the last few playoffs spots are going to be decided by tiebreakers and I'll go as far as to say somebody is gonna line up on the 10 yard line to see who gets in.

I said the same thing last year and it almost happened. Adding two more teams to the region and eliminating one non-region contest is only going to make things tougher. Should be interesting....