Chuckey Doak: East Tennessee

woodeng

Anyone know who coaches Chuckey Doak? They aren't listed on Eurosport. They are really close to Tusculum college, so I would imagine they could get some pretty good coaching if they pursued that avenue.

WoodenG, I hope that you are coaching somewhere. To have the license that you have and not coach would be a travesty! Believe me when I say I understand how hard it is to get those licenses (I am pursuing my National License this winter which is through the NSCAA and it is long and expensive and I believe is the equivalent to a UEFA C). Are you doing any club or high school coaching? And if you don't mind saying, are you located around Knoxville?

Anna Ricker is the coach.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer67 That post was not even fair to Woodeng. He never once said the other teams he watched did or dind't play soccer "the right way". To imply the man doesn't know what he is looking at or may not know how to coach is incredulous. He was simply noting that a school, not known for soccer, could have the understanding of the game without having some club influence. I think it's great and Chuckey Doak fans should take that as a compliment. He asked for some input, as I read it, about this team which would let him know the teams background.

I gave him some pertinent information. I also was suspicious. The boards are loaded with threads started by people claiming to someone other than who they really are in an attempt to prop up a particular team or player; to start a controversy; or to just get themselves some pats on the back. I thought it strange that the thread would be started a month after the mentioned jamboree and days after a couple of wins. I may be wrong. If woodeng is truely who he says he(or she) is and has the credentials stated then I sincerly apoligize to him/her.

But let me say this - good teams and players do it quietly on the field not on the message boards. They schedule the toughest competion in order to test and improve (and prove) themselves.

As a side note - a small school that I feel is deserving of pat on the back and our admiration is South Greene High. It is a small rural school that breathes basketball 24/7. The soccer program was started a year ago by some dedicated players and parents. They have no field and must practice on the baseball outfield. They are unable to practice corner kicks due to the field size constraints. They are winless but play their hearts out. Props to them and I'll pop a cork when they get that first win.

Good luck to Chuckey Doak - make it another successful season. Nothing would make me happier than a couple of Greene County schools at States.

Anyone know who coaches Chuckey Doak? They aren't listed on Eurosport. They are really close to Tusculum college, so I would imagine they could get some pretty good coaching if they pursued that avenue.

WoodenG, I hope that you are coaching somewhere. To have the license that you have and not coach would be a travesty! Believe me when I say I understand how hard it is to get those licenses (I am pursuing my National License this winter which is through the NSCAA and it is long and expensive and I believe is the equivalent to a UEFA C). Are you doing any club or high school coaching? And if you don't mind saying, are you located around Knoxville?

BigG: I'am not in the country at the moment, but i'am a big fan of the standard of girls soccer in tennessee (i havent seen any boys soccer) and amazed about how popular it is, which is a compliment to all high school coaches and the teams followers. The UEFA C badge is an excellent reward (intense) which certainly improves your coaching and more importantly your players development and performance. Altho i havent followed high school soccer for long, i have heard of CAK (I hope thats where you are from or i'll look stupid) and i'll heard excellent things about the school.

I gave him some pertinent information. I also was suspicious. The boards are loaded with threads started by people claiming to someone other than who they really are in an attempt to prop up a particular team or player; to start a controversy; or to just get themselves some pats on the back. I thought it strange that the thread would be started a month after the mentioned jamboree and days after a couple of wins. I may be wrong. If woodeng is truely who he says he(or she) is and has the credentials stated then I sincerly apoligize to him/her.

But let me say this - good teams and players do it quietly on the field not on the message boards. They schedule the toughest competion in order to test and improve (and prove) themselves.

As a side note - a small school that I feel is deserving of pat on the back and our admiration is South Greene High. It is a small rural school that breathes basketball 24/7. The soccer program was started a year ago by some dedicated players and parents. They have no field and must practice on the baseball outfield. They are unable to practice corner kicks due to the field size constraints. They are winless but play their hearts out. Props to them and I'll pop a cork when they get that first win.

Good luck to Chuckey Doak - make it another successful season. Nothing would make me happier than a couple of Greene County schools at States.

Now soccer 67, i must admit im a little annoyed. Yes im a first time poster on this site, and my topic may be from a month ago!? But as you'll see, i will be posting other topics, as im interested in some soccer conversation.

I'am not someone pretending to be someone else, and yes iam a he. You must think im someone in particular, which iam not, as im sure i never met you. You do seem to be a little touchy on the subject, so i think we should leave the topic there. I would like to reiterate iam not a player / coach of chuckey doak or any other high school team in tennessee.

Yes, BigG...Getting those licenses are hard and expensive. I have not done any of the NSCAA Courses, excpet goalkeeping, and hope to go for my "A" very soon. Good Luck to Woodeng and thanks for noticing TN Girls Soccer. I just got back from Coaching a United States team in Holland. People don't take the girls game very seriously in Europe and that is a shame. I have friends in England and they tell me all the time "girls don't play football"

To woodeng: I don't really care if you are a little annoyed - so am I. As I said, if you are who you say you are then I apoligized. The only thing I'm touchy about is false intentions but I guess some have decided that is not the case. And no I don't think I know who you are but I am curious, what country are you in if you don't mind sharing that.

Altho i do hope to coach in tennessee in the future!

Yes, BigG...Getting those licenses are hard and expensive. I have not done any of the NSCAA Courses, excpet goalkeeping, and hope to go for my "A" very soon. Good Luck to Woodeng and thanks for noticing TN Girls Soccer. I just got back from Coaching a United States team in Holland. People don't take the girls game very seriously in Europe and that is a shame. I have friends in England and they tell me all the time "girls don't play football"

I went to Brazil this summer and found the same to be true. Guys were INCREDIBLE, but the U.S. girls that we took were far better than the Brazilian girls.

Mustcoach, if you ever need an assistant on those trips, give me a call. I am hoping to take a team with the Charlotte Eagles this summer, but it is still up in the air.

Woodeng, if you are ever interested in coaching in TN, especially Knoxville, give me a holler (as they say in our neck of the woods) because there are always openings. CAKsoccer@bellsouth.net

I don't know anything about Anna Ricker, but based on their past success, I give C.D. some credit. Do they have the talent to return to state again this year?

Firstly I have helped coach at Chuckey Doak. I was under the impression that SG have played for more than one year as I have watched them play and offiated one game between the two - although I could be wrong.

The players you mention as 'club players' have only had limited exposure to the club scene and as far as I am aware do not play anymore - the fact you know these players somehow and claim that several of CD's players have the ability to play at Greeneville Galaxy suggests to me that you are involved with them in some capacity. Your praise for SG also makes me think you are linked to them somehow?

Anyhow playing the right way in my eyes is playing to your strengths. A win is a win no matter how it is obtained. Knowing your team and knowing how it functions best is the mark of a good coach and at CD they know the limitations and play to them. The coach,although not having a soccer background has a great understanding of the game and you do not have to had played at a high level to be a good coach. Look at Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho........ Coach Ricker has implemented a strong system and the girls and she understand it very well.

To Woodeng if you would like a schedule I will gladly send you one.

If anyone wants my credentials or doubts my ability to comment on this matter please leave a note and i will gladly leave them.

Firstly I have helped coach at Chuckey Doak. I was under the impression that SG have played for more than one year as I have watched them play and offiated one game between the two - although I could be wrong.

The players you mention as 'club players' have only had limited exposure to the club scene and as far as I am aware do not play anymore - the fact you know these players somehow and claim that several of CD's players have the ability to play at Greeneville Galaxy suggests to me that you are involved with them in some capacity. Your praise for SG also makes me think you are linked to them somehow?

Anyhow playing the right way in my eyes is playing to your strengths. A win is a win no matter how it is obtained. Knowing your team and knowing how it functions best is the mark of a good coach and at CD they know the limitations and play to them. The coach,although not having a soccer background has a great understanding of the game and you do not have to had played at a high level to be a good coach. Look at Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho........ Coach Ricker has implemented a strong system and the girls and she understand it very well.

To Woodeng if you would like a schedule I will gladly send you one.

If anyone wants my credentials or doubts my ability to comment on this matter please leave a note and i will gladly leave them.

I think soccer67 is a Greeneville High fan.

PS - can you please post your credentials?