ELIZABETHTON FOOTBALL

clonekid

The talk around the town when Coach Witten was hired was this year we should win the district.

Yeah in the next probably 10 years but definately not this year, coaching high school football is something totally new to witten, but whats great about him is his love for the game and the enthusiasm he puts into it. Surely him being brand new at it, and after last year wouldnt constitute winning district, so i dont know why anyone would have said that, i know i never heard that!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game the other night, a few things stood out. First and foremost, Elizabethton can't tackle a lick, it also looked like they used the wrong backs the biggest part of the time, last but not least, Johnson Co had twice the heart and desire. I'm not a critic of anyone, just some observations. I think Elizabethton had more talent, just not as much heart. I;ll take heart every day of the week.

I watched the game the other night, a few things stood out. First and foremost, Elizabethton can't tackle a lick, it also looked like they used the wrong backs the biggest part of the time, last but not least, Johnson Co had twice the heart and desire. I'm not a critic of anyone, just some observations. I think Elizabethton had more talent, just not as much heart. I;ll take heart every day of the week.

I totally agree. Its easier for our mountain boys because we know where we come from and have to work hard to have anything good. When Elizabethton quits making it so easy for their boys, humble themselves and pick up the drive that our small mountain communities have, the wins will return. Until then, things will not change. Politics will continue to rule and junior will keep getting petted at home and told how great he is.

Some of you people are pointing the finger at politics for the downfall but Girls Basketball and softball have done good and baseball has done better than they ever have so your argument does not stand up. I think they just do not have the athletes right now to compete.

Those are different sports. I do think the whole city of Elizabethton is political as a whole. They lied to Ned Smith about the basketball coach job. Its just not a trust worthy place or a place worthy of a gold ball. Its just like pujo said, its a heart problem.

Without a doubt, politics has reared its ugly head and had an effect on the young men & women. G basketball and baseball overcame this with tough, smart coaching. You may have noticed, both of those coaches are long gone. I can attest, for a fact, that politics took a bite out of the kids last season and the political situation is still a mess. That particular situation will take many, many years for a recovery. Many........ Witten will be one of the coaches to 'circumsize' the politics. Still it wil take time. The only cure for the politics is to 'CLEAR THE HILL' and many of the citizens of Eliz now realize this. The next two elections will be interesting.

Mr. Lee is correct it will take many years for these kids and the community to recover.

These kids will look back on there high school days not with a pleasantness that they

should have about them. But an indifference! Mr. Holton there is talent there, there was

a lot last year and the staff worked them into a 3-7 team it took a lot to do that.

They will end up in the play-offs this season. I think Coach W will do good enough

and get enough out of these kids to do that. Clear the Hill and school Admin. these

men are the problem. They lie and twist to fit there needs not the kids. They are bad

people. Mr. Ed was a victim in this situation when it started, but it has took on a life

of its own and the situation has become all about him and his crusade for justice.

He has destroyed what he used to love so much and hurt and lied and used so many

people and forgot about the KIDS!!!!

Mr. Lee is correct it will take many years for these kids and the community to recover.

These kids will look back on there high school days not with a pleasantness that they

should have about them. But an indifference! Mr. Holton there is talent there, there was

a lot last year and the staff worked them into a 3-7 team it took a lot to do that.

They will end up in the play-offs this season. I think Coach W will do good enough

and get enough out of these kids to do that. Clear the Hill and school Admin. these

men are the problem. They lie and twist to fit there needs not the kids. They are bad

people. Mr. Ed was a victim in this situation when it started, but it has took on a life

of its own and the situation has become all about him and his crusade for justice.

He has destroyed what he used to love so much and hurt and lied and used so many

The senior group last year had and undefeated season their sophmore/JV year, with some pretty impressive victories! They beat the toppers 26-0 , and DB 24-21! so how in the world do they end up with a 3-7 season their senior year!! Im with you guys, CLEAR THE HILL!!!!!!!

Clear the Hill and school Admin. these

I watched this story with great interest, from beginning to end, and it is simply amazing to watch a man change into the very thing he was fighting so hard against. Sad, really.

I watched this story with great interest, from beginning to end, and it is simply amazing to watch a man change into the very thing he was fighting so hard against. Sad, really.

I like Mr. Ed as a person but, he has NEVER been a strong supporter of the EHS sports programs. Over the years there have been several coaches who wanted to coach at Elizabethton but, he always told me "we hire teachers not coaches". In other words, they hire teachers who will coach instead of coaches who can teach. BIG difference.

See you in the funny papers!

bucdaddio you hit the nail dead on. He has become the same thing he was fighting against,

the problem with him is if it happens to him its bad, but he can do what ever to whom he

wants in the system. Look at the people he has promoted they could not control the sports

they were coaches of. They are some of the worst coaches in the history of the school.

One was the worst hands down. The only reason Coach W is there it was known that he

wanted the job. They hired him to get people off there backs. Coach Dugger will do a

great job and should have been boys coach. Coach D did them a favor they could not

get anyone to take the job. In the paper yesterday I see they let the wrestling coach go

it said he had been there 23 years or something like that. I think everyone knows

what is wrong with ELIZ. sports and it is about 5'7" tall. I think this is what is wrong

with the whole thing. The people that is around him need to go also. They are all a

cancer, its time to operate. I have heard several people who have worked in that system

say that you should never have an opinion and if you do keep to yourself. Cause if you

don't then your days are numbered. That tells you a lot about what kinda people

that would be the boss in a place like that. Talk about not being your own person.