Boyd Buchanan @ Grace Academy

reaction

OK, since you are waiting for me to correct, I guess I will.

I'm pretty sure we started #14 (soph) and #88 (jr) at the tight end positions -- the freshman did play some. Ben Beasley is a soph, but we did finally get the freshman (#8) in the game on the last possession.

We got more subs in this game than against Marion, but our head coach showed an extreme lack of class by putting our starting cornerback #7 back into the game with 3 minutes to go to try to insure the shutout after the substitute CB had just gotten beat the prior play. The Grace QB instead threw a TD to the inside receiver. I was glad to see them score. Grace has some tough kids and have nothing to be down about. #1 and #2 are great players. Our starting inside linebackers (#30 and #88) never came out of the game.

And what is with the pooch kicks? Our kicker kicked the 1st two kickoffs in the end zone - then we decide to pooch kick the rest of the night. I simply don't get it -- we've got a great kicker and we make him pop the ball up -- it costs us the game against Meigs by giving them the ball on the 50 instead of the 20 late in the game.

Lack of class? Are you serious? Coach Reynolds is very classy. I'm sure they could of put more points up on the board. Instead they gave other players some reps on offense. CB #7 is young, soph. right? The secondary needs to keep getting game experience. That was our big question mark in the off season. They are improving every week. Grace is a passing team, good to get some work with the CB's. So what they were subbing them in and out. Haven't seen any of the Grace fans complaining about it. Are you a angry parent? Better yet, are you even a Boyd fan? All you do is get on and try and correct BUC4LIFE's posts.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right reaction, our DB's do need that experience. Late in the game was, I believe, the only time Grace got in the red zone, and the red zone experience was important for our starting backs, who will really need it in 2 weeks v. Red Bank.

I don't blame the team for wanting the shutout. Do we have to let the other team score?

Lack of class? Are you serious? Coach Reynolds is very classy. I'm sure they could of put more points up on the board. Instead they gave other players some reps on offense. CB #7 is young, soph. right? The secondary needs to keep getting game experience. That was our big question mark in the off season. They are improving every week. Grace is a passing team, good to get some work with the CB's. So what they were subbing them in and out. Haven't seen any of the Grace fans complaining about it. Are you a angry parent? Better yet, are you even a Boyd fan? All you do is get on and try and correct BUC4LIFE's posts.

You are correct - "lack of class" was a poor choice of words on my part and I apologize. I think I over reacted to some of the overly negative posts directed at the Grace coaches, which I don't like to hear. Coach Reynolds IS a classy person and I've been impressed every time I'm around him. I just respectfully disagree with his substitution practices late in the game when we've won the game handily.

I should have thought about my post before I hit the button -- lesson learned. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You are correct - "lack of class" was a poor choice of words on my part and I apologize. I think I over reacted to some of the overly negative posts directed at the Grace coaches, which I don't like to hear. Coach Reynolds IS a classy person and I've been impressed every time I'm around him. I just respectfully disagree with his substitution practices late in the game when we've won the game handily.

I should have thought about my post before I hit the button -- lesson learned. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I understand.

Most of our CB's are sophs. They haven't had much game experience except the 4 games this year. We are already young at that position, so its not like we can get much younger subbing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Congratulations on the win last night. Now let's prepare for our next victim. It aint them pesky pirates is it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nope we got a off week this week.

Then homecoming is against Red Bank which will not be in our favor. Then after that we have Bledsoe Co. and then South Pitt I think.

Nope we got a off week this week.

Then homecoming is against Red Bank which will not be in our favor. Then after that we have Bledsoe Co. and then South Pitt I think.

So when yall beat somebody do you hold em down and do it or let em run around a lil? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ok....someone correct me if i'm wrong......but i was told that the grace coach called ten minutes before three to cancel the football game because he said their field is too wet. i know what i said about facilities in an earlier post, but what football coach in this area would call as school is letting out to cancel a game because a field is too wet? how does that happen? is it really because of the wet field, or is it because grace's main offensive weapon is a passing attack? i'm looking outside right now and i see the sun. seems to me that would take care of a lot.

in any case, the game is for sure at BBS at 8pm. from what i heard, grace's coach did not handle this well at all. i might expect a higher score now......at least a higher score from BBS.......

Before I make a correction let me just say that Boyd played very well and the players and coaches for Boyd were very Classy.

Grace did not call to cancel the game. If you have ever been to Grace and seen there field it does not drain well in parts. Because Grace has to use it as a practice field and game field there was no way Grace could play and the field because of standing water. Trust me when I say Grace wanted to play the game at home. The coaches and Administrators were on the phone back and forth all day trying to decide what was the best option. It was about 3:15 before everything was finalized. If Grace did not want to play the game they could have said we will make it up on Monday or not play at all. Them playing on Friday and giving up a home game shows they wanted to play Boyd. So Grace did not call at 10 till three and try to cancel the game that info must have been passed down a bunch to get so far from the truth.

Thank you for all the parents from Boyd who pitched in at the last minute to make the game possible. I hate the outcome for Grace, but in order for Grace to be at Boyd's level we have to play them and learn from our mistakes. Good luck the rest of the season.

Before I make a correction let me just say that Boyd played very well and the players and coaches for Boyd were very Classy.

Grace did not call to cancel the game. If you have ever been to Grace and seen there field it does not drain well in parts. Because Grace has to use it as a practice field and game field there was no way Grace could play and the field because of standing water. Trust me when I say Grace wanted to play the game at home. The coaches and Administrators were on the phone back and forth all day trying to decide what was the best option. It was about 3:15 before everything was finalized. If Grace did not want to play the game they could have said we will make it up on Monday or not play at all. Them playing on Friday and giving up a home game shows they wanted to play Boyd. So Grace did not call at 10 till three and try to cancel the game that info must have been passed down a bunch to get so far from the truth.

Thank you for all the parents from Boyd who pitched in at the last minute to make the game possible. I hate the outcome for Grace, but in order for Grace to be at Boyd's level we have to play them and learn from our mistakes. Good luck the rest of the season.

good post, tk. i meant to say that the grace coach called to reschedule the game. at any rate, the game did commence and the situation was resolved. best of luck to the grace kids and staff.