Boyd Buchanan @ Grace Academy

reaction

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing necessary for two teams to play football is somewhere to play. Grace even has lights and uprights. I think it is more fun bringing your own chair and it is a whole lot more comfortable than any stadium.

I think Grace will score a minimum of 28 points but I do not know if it will be enough to win.

The problem with bringing your own chair is that the view is no good unless you are on a hill looking down at the game.

Grace is getting better every year and the last 2 years I thought that they could spoil some teams in region 3-1A's plans. And while I do think that their offense is good, I don't think they score near 28 tonight against Boyd's defense. At least not against Boyd's starters.

The problem with bringing your own chair is that the view is no good unless you are on a hill looking down at the game.

Grace is getting better every year and the last 2 years I thought that they could spoil some teams in region 3-1A's plans. And while I do think that their offense is good, I don't think they score near 28 tonight against Boyd's defense. At least not against Boyd's starters.

I Heard the game has been moved to Boyd

The game has been moved to Boyd? I am glad I took off this afternoon. I would have shown up at Grace tonight. The game is at Boyd at 8:00 est correct? I think the young lads from both teams will play well. I read an article today about the young lad from Grace Academy. He seems to be a really fine young lad. It sounds like he has his priorities in line. I think Grace is pretty good, but in the end I am picking Boyd to make Grace Academy bow down by a couple of scores.

Too bad I have to work tonight. Heard Boyds field is looking pretty good and does not have any puddles for this game. Hope it is injury free and I will be listening on the internet.

The only thing necessary for two teams to play football is somewhere to play. Grace even has lights and uprights. I think it is more fun bringing your own chair and it is a whole lot more comfortable than any stadium. I think Grace will score a minimum of 28 points but I do not know if it will be enough to win.

I will be real suprised if they score 28 points.

it seems grace is on the right path to solidifying a great football program. one thing to remember is that you'll have to take facilities criticism with thick skin. for 20+ years, bbs had to take the same with inferior football facilities and its been within the last 3 years that we have made great improvements. you have to start somewhere. and for the fans that are upset that the game isn't at a place that will comfortably hold more fans, remember our situation at bbs. we still have a large crowd of "chair bringers" to our home games. imo, there's nothing wrong here. grace and bbs has great rivalry games and we all should honor that.

so, for grace fans upset that there is criticism about their facilites...you'll have to forget it. its inevitable. for other fans that are upset when they have to play there...get over it. we were there, once too.

ok....someone correct me if i'm wrong......but i was told that the grace coach called ten minutes before three to cancel the football game because he said their field is too wet. i know what i said about facilities in an earlier post, but what football coach in this area would call as school is letting out to cancel a game because a field is too wet? how does that happen? is it really because of the wet field, or is it because grace's main offensive weapon is a passing attack? i'm looking outside right now and i see the sun. seems to me that would take care of a lot.

in any case, the game is for sure at BBS at 8pm. from what i heard, grace's coach did not handle this well at all. i might expect a higher score now......at least a higher score from BBS.......

ok....someone correct me if i'm wrong......but i was told that the grace coach called ten minutes before three to cancel the football game because he said their field is too wet. i know what i said about facilities in an earlier post, but what football coach in this area would call as school is letting out to cancel a game because a field is too wet? how does that happen? is it really because of the wet field, or is it because grace's main offensive weapon is a passing attack? i'm looking outside right now and i see the sun. seems to me that would take care of a lot.

in any case, the game is for sure at BBS at 8pm. from what i heard, grace's coach did not handle this well at all. i might expect a higher score now......at least a higher score from BBS.......

I heard the same thing. Except I heard some calls came last night about the possiblity of rain and moving the game to Saturday or Monday. But none of that matters now. Lets play some football!

Go Bucs!

I'm pretty sure at ten til three, the sun was not out, and it was still raining in East Brainerd. Believe me Grace's coach did not want to move the game or postpone, hence the late notice. This is a huge gate night for them. The game could have been played at Grace, but then all we would have heard was how horrible the field drained for weeks afterward (Temple last year) . Boyd's not getting a bad deal, two games on your own field, split gate both years, and concessions.

Boyd Buchanan 37

Grace 7

Mercy rule was put into play in the 4th Quarter. Grace put one in late in the 4th.

I was not at the game, nor was I listening to it. People were txting me updates. So hopefully BUC4LIFE can fill us in.

Boyd Buc defense seems to have done a great job again. I knew it would be low scoring, or no score for Grace.